Vantage Deluxe World Travel Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.3
Henry Lewis

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The company is located near North Station and the green and orange MBTA lines, and offers a very generous discount on MBTA passes (in 26 reviews)

• Great location - gym on site great benefits good training (in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • High turnover and everyone is scared everyday of being fired (in 10 reviews)

• Tough work environment can get stressful at times (in 9 reviews)

"Dynamic, Fast-Paced Company"

Current Employee - Associate in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Associate in Boston, MA

I have been working at Vantage Deluxe World Travel full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great products and a mature, stable company. Excellent for staff with past experience in travel, hospitality and tourism. Really smart and dedicated staff. Lots of good change happening.

Cons

Owner has a strong personality.

Advice to Management

Let the new CEO lead the company but take advice from the owner. He's been around a long time and knows what he's doing. Benefits ok but could be better. Offices need some tlc.

"Customer Conciegre"

I have been working at Vantage Deluxe World Travel full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Discount on work tours
    Great benefits

Cons

Left hand doesn't know what right hand is doing
    Lots of changes, not alot of communication

Advice to Management

Make your employees happy, especially call center, so they can make the customers happy.

"Horrible Company who Fires People Every Week"

I worked at Vantage Deluxe World Travel full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Close to T and that is about it

Cons

Everything else. How can you fire people without thinking twice and giving them even a fair warning? The system is chaotic and there is no proper training. High turnover and everyone is scared everyday of being fired. This is the worst company I have ever come across, if you decide to join, look for other jobs from Day 1 because you never know without warning when they will let you go and just blame it vaguely on performance.

Advice to Management

Show some care and respect towards employees. You play with people's lives when you fire them.

"no future"

Pros

location next to north station

Cons

poor management , lack of structure, no one knows how to do metrics that matter, turnover is over 70%. The owner is horrible and will humiliate you in front of group in meeting and he will not let you speak.

Advice to Management

Change up management. Change culture so that people will be attracted to and want to work at Vantage

"Absolutely the best place for you to know how LOW a company could be"

I worked at Vantage Deluxe World Travel full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1)The owner treats everyone the same. No matter you are good or bad, you are just one of the slaves he will humiliate at any time. So, you won't feel lonely on whatever you did because everyone in the company got his F words publicly;

2)You will have to deal with systems designed in 1980's, however, you will have to deliver 2020's efficiency. You need to figure it out yourself. So, you will be working like a dog to get things done. On your first day, they will tell you that you are supposed to work 24/7. You would never have known how much you could do if you never had joined this company;

3) No matter what you do, you are wrong! Even if you are just following his direction from last week's meeting, you are wrong, because he changed his idea already. So, if you can survive this company for a year, you will never be challenged or feel frustrated from anywhere else.

4) You will grow all by yourself from day one. Your co-workers have their own headache to deal with that they truly have no time on you. Plus, they don't really want to have a strong team member who will make them seem weak.

5)They hold employees accountable from day one! The owner yelled at me on my day 2 for something that existed for 35 years. You can easily break my record if you want to try.

6) You will be amazed that you can handle immersed pressure that you would never have encountered anywhere else.

7) After being poorly treated in this company, you will have a better understanding of love, and you will forgive your worst enemy. You will treasure every ray of sunshine outside the building, and those smiley faces in downtown Boston.

Cons

To get all those listed pros, you will have to lose all your self respect.

Advice to Management

Just do whatever you want. You don't listen to anyone, anyway. I'd love to see you fail.

"Vivacious Vantage!"

I have been working at Vantage Deluxe World Travel full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Always something new and different everyday, casual dress environment, free fruit, sports tickets, great leadership team

Cons

I can't think of any

"Stay far, far away"

Former Employee - Sales in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Sales in Boston, MA

I worked at Vantage Deluxe World Travel full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Sure, free fruit on Mondays. Close to the north station.

Cons

Without exaggeration, the worst company I've ever worked for in my life. Every comment you see on this site in regards to unethical business practices I saw for myself. The negatives mentioned about the owner are in no way blown out of proportion - this place is an absolute nightmare. I'm honestly a little surprised that they are still in business given how poorly they treat both their customers and employees. This place will absolutely crush your soul, better to move in with your parents and keep looking. I really wish that I had come to this site and read the reviews before agreeing to work there.

Advice to Management

I honestly don't know when I could recommend, every problem here stems from the very top.

"Anonymous"

I worked at Vantage Deluxe World Travel full-time

Pros

Some really nice people. Great location

Cons

There are a lot of cons working here. The constant changes requiring you to keep redoing your work over ad over. There is always a rush to get work completed only to have to do it over again. Definitely not enough staff and if you are in a position that you have to interact with the owner or the senior executives, good luck. They never listen to what any of the employees have to say, if you make a suggestion of an easier way to do something, your suggestions are dismissed or you are ridiculed. Errors are made that are detrimental to the company and no one is held accountable. More often than not, you are required to do the work or more than 1 person, sometimes 2 plus your own. There is incredible turnover because people reach a point that they cannot take it anymore. Some even leave without another job lined up. Nothing will change because Senior Executives do not believe that there is a problem. They are very out of touch and in most cases are not the right people to be in those positions. Senior Executives are out of touch with what the customer wants and you need to stop force feeding your customers to what you think they want. It only ends up being a nasty customer service issue in the end.

Advice to Management

Start listening to the associates. They are your front line and know what the customer likes and dislikes. Stop lying on these reviews and take what people are saying and make changes. If you continue down this path, it will continue to spiral out of control

9. "Love the Product, Love the Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Vantage Deluxe World Travel full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Location, Salary, Benefits, and Travel

Cons

Long days and work life balance.

Advice to Management

Increase staffing level to match the business workload.

"Don't do it"

I worked at Vantage Deluxe World Travel full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free fruit, near North Station

Cons

Seriously crazy environment to work in. Not worth any amount of pay.