Vantage Labs Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Not worth the time"

Current Employee - Desktop Support in New Hope, PA
    Current Employee - Desktop Support in New Hope, PA

I have been working at Vantage Labs full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Everyone expects you to do your job, which means no one is constantly micromanaging you.
    Friendly family run business environment
    Christmas dinner is usually at a great restaurant
    Sometimes having two offices meant that you had a half hour trip both ways between the two offices, and that made the day go by a little faster.
    Every week is a meeting with beer and food..
    Most of the people there are actually pretty friendly.

Cons

Their pay is about $10,000/year below average for this type of position. Manager is near monosyllabic. I get that he's busy, but every conversation I ever had with him felt like he was trying to get away from me. Often would find if I asked three questions, I'd get half the answer to one. Not always given full parameters of job. Instructions can boil down to "get it done". But you will then face disappointment if supervisor wanted something more than what you did. Little to no training, and no raises..ever. When its time to discipline someone, that discipline is to show you the door. Most companies give you a chance to correct a mistake if it isn't something major..but these guys just like to say, "Oh btw, your fired" for some reason that doesn't even really make sense. There is lots of available time in my position, but they expect you to constantly come up with busy work to make it look like your are earning your pay. And there is only so much of that you can do before you are back to twiddling your thumbs..but if they catch you doing anything other than work on PC, you'll be read the riot act. I get that they don't pay me to be on websites, but truthfully, it reached the point where I could have done most of my work remotely, and then just come in when they needed me to actually be there. The only Christmas bonus is a nice dinner...which is very high end, but its still not really much of a bonus. This is the first company I've ever worked for that held my first paycheck (in case I damage anything). I got they would eventually give it to me when I left, but not having money for a few weeks when I started was pretty painful at the time.
    Despite the fact that they don't micro manage me MUCH, for some reason, they constantly made me justify having to go from one office to the other. They had it in their mind that the developers were my main responsibility, and everyone else was second. But the irony of that is that the developers needed me less than just about everyone else. Which again, led to lots of available time.. lots and lots and lots of available time. And then having to scramble when someone in the other office needed me, and time to explain why I am headed over to the other office. I was expected to be able to keep computers running and replace them when needed, but for more than the past year there has been a freeze on buying new computers. On average we ordered a few new units about every 90 days, but boss acted like we went of the rails of the crazy train and put a stop to purchasing more without his ok..which never came. You will be asked to participate in meetings that are partially after hours, and they have beer and food (sort of), but you are also asked to research and write about topics that relate to the companies varied products and services that have nothing to do with your position. I can understand doing that once a year to get people familiar with the company products, but every week is ridiculous.
    There are some strange politics in their offices. I can't explain it completely, but its like there are enforced cliques. There are two offices because the bosses just don't want certain people together in the same building. Its just wierd...

Advice to Management

You have ideas about how your business should run, but a lot of them don't make sense. Sometimes it seems like you are too busy wanting what you want instead of wanting what you need.. And in the end, if you don't get what you need first, you'll never get what you want. Also, even though I list a lot of cons, I want you to understand, I am not trying to trash this company. I am a tech. I observe, I analyze, and I do my best to give an objective and constructive opinion.

2. "Account Director"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Yardley, PA

I worked at Vantage Labs full-time (More than a year)

Pros

proximity, great drive, take no prisoners attitude

Cons

salary, environment, growth potential, employee relations

Advice to Management

increase lunchtime and salaries

Vantage Labs Response

Jul 14, 2017 – Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to review Vantage and thank you for the suggestions. We are always looking for ways to make Vantage an even better company to work for and do business with.

3. "Confused and Moody Boss"

Former Employee - Marketing in New Hope, PA
    Former Employee - Marketing in New Hope, PA

I worked at Vantage Labs full-time

Pros

Nice location. Some decent coworkers.

Cons

This company doesn't know what it wants. When you get hired, they ask for so much verification and a complete check on every year from birth until last week. No regard for privacy. They make it seem like you are untrustworthy. I worked for an angry, unpredictable manager who didn't know what he wanted and drank or talked about drinking constantly. The executive managers are always fighting and screaming. It is really a boys club, and they will throw you under the bus at a moment's notice.

Advice to Management

Decide what you want and need before inflicting it on potential employees. Stop acting so distrustful of all new hires. Apparently, my experience isn't so unique. Deal with it.

"Rewarding Experience With Great Benefits!"

Pros

This is a tight-knit atmosphere that encourages employees to grow within the company. There is little hand holding, but hard work is rewarded. Upper management keeps an open line of communication and effectively communicates the companies mission, goals, and direction.There are company parties and events that help everyone get to know each other such as quarterly BBQ's, holiday parties, company softball, and fitness days. This unique experience has allowed me to grow both professionally and intellectually.

Cons

I have had no cons. Vantage is the perfect fit for individuals who love to work hard and personally benefit from the results.

Advice to Management

Continue to promote the business's energy, culture and goals through your employees. The enthusiasm and training invested in your employees is the best way to help them build a career within the company and have a successful future.

"Are you kidding?"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Yardley, PA

Pros

never found any on the "Learning" side.

Cons

too many to list. This place is a sales-mill.

Advice to Management

replace the guy who calls himself "CEO of Vantage Learning" with someone who isn't bipolar. Totally out of ideas so uses verbal abuse and intimidation to sales staff in meetings and on floor....people there don't follow him, they fear him. Exact opposite of good management.

"Don't, just don't"

I worked at Vantage Labs full-time

Pros

There is a lovely view of a mall from their new offices. And I don't think anyone has been killed there.

Cons

If your unemployment is about to run out, and your home is about to b repossessed, then take a job there. Otherwise, just don't.

"Run, fast!"

I worked at Vantage Labs full-time

Pros

You get a paycheck every other week.

Cons

No direction from management. People are quick to throw you under the bus.

Advice to Management

Remove people who don't belong in key positions and show some type of direction.

"classless"

Pros

NO Pros - cheap company, minimal benefits, the CEO is arrogant and lacks social skills. The staff lacks cooperation, jealous and malicious women who are classless parasites. Their idea of an ice cream social is to through frozen ice pops in the freezer and send out an email to help yourself. NEVER EVER experienced such low class

Cons

None - no cons - none

Advice to Management

LOL...give it up...they'll never make it to the big leagues

"Great environment!"

Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Yardley, PA
    Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Yardley, PA

I have been working at Vantage Labs full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly working environment, great work/life balance

Cons

Limited training opportunities, the benefit is good in that area but is average in the similar industry.

Advice to Management

Provide more job related training or supply allowance for ebooks/books, etc.

"Innovative culture, excellent engineering, and smart caring people"

I have been working at Vantage Labs full-time

Pros

Opportunity to work on outstanding products,fun, cutting edge technologies, and technically challenging/interesting projects. Every person has the opportunity to make a major difference in the company and make an impact on our product, services, and customers. One of the most financially stable businesses.

Cons

The pace, accountability, and growth opportunities are not a fit for every person. For some people it is a great fit and some not.

Advice to Management

Keep growing, hire smart, and don't be afraid to make mistakes. Create more and more opportunities to recognize people in all roles.