Vantiv Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Charles D. Drucker

Pros
Cons
  • Some of the employees were difficult to work with and upper management seemed to keep their relationship with employees at a minimum (in 16 reviews)

• Customer service is getting worse over time (in 12 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Accountant II"

Current Employee - Accountant in Symmes, OH
    Current Employee - Accountant in Symmes, OH

I have been working at Vantiv full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

17-22 days vacation plus 10 holidays. The company really cares about building character through volunteer work. Vantiv just started offering an employee stock purchase plan @ 15% discount. They have social committees to celebrate quarter end, summer picnics, holidays, birthdays etc. There is a Cafeteria on site at Governors Hill + Starbucks & Market C. Yoga Mondays! There are groups to join like young professionals, African American, Women etc. Team volunteer events. Managers are a working part of the team in addition to leading. Garage Parking if you get in early enough. The company knows how to work hard yet play hard. It has been very rewarding to work here.

Cons

Multiple platforms. However, there is a plan + effort to integrate them.

Advice to Management

I would like to see 100% paid time off for maternity/paternity outside of using PTO hours.

Mar 17, 2017 – Social Media Specialist

We're so happy to hear you're thriving. Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. - Lydia

"Operations"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Vantiv full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Decent Pay
    Good amount of PTO
    Immediate management is trying to overcome a reliance on "tribal knowledge"

Cons

- Management has no clue what I do.
    - If you work in operations, you are pretty much stuck in operations unless you have a degree- and even then it's chancy. Current work experience does not count for much in other areas of the company, and there is no way to find out what other departments require unless there is a current job posting. You can move up into leadership roles in operations, but if you want to grow into another department instead of growing into management, there is no way to move.
    - Job posting are rarely accurate or provide the same information across departments. There is no standard job description for each role.
    - If you do apply for other areas, there is no official way to find out what the starting salary range is for the position. The general feeling is the company does this so they can low-ball anyone trying to move up.
    - Operations employees are treated like school children. Instead of addressing employees who create a problem, every one is scolded or warned. If that isn't sufficient, they take privileges away from all of us, instead of the person(s) who are breaking the rules.
    - We are in a noisy environment due to people being on the phones and the white noise machines. If you don't take phone calls all the noise can sometimes make it difficult to focus on your work, but management will not allow us to listen to music (through personal device/headphones) to block the noise- even though people out of operations are freely allowed to do so. The only reasons given are "to make it fair for everyone" and "this rule is based on management's discretion".

Advice to Management

Immediate management - employees are not all the same. Punishing all for the actions of some only lowers morale. Its been proven happy workers work harder and are more loyal - why doesn't this matter to you?

Upper management
    - if you are going to claim to be a technology company, then you need to have better technology available for employees. I am not a tech/IT employee, so when I'm told I 'own' a process because no one else in the tech/IT groups know what to do with it, there is a HUGE problem.

- you need to understand you have some critical functions being handled in operations. If our work isn't completed, you run the risk of losing clients. Isn't it about time you gave operations the same respect as all the other groups?

3. "Finance Intern"

Former Employee - Intern - Hourly in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Intern - Hourly in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Vantiv (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people, all willing to help one another out to be successful as a firm.

Cons

Growing very quickly, so a bit unorganized.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in younger employees

Apr 18, 2017 – Social Media Specialist

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Our internship and FLDP programs continue to be an area of investment for us. - Lydia

5. "Great opportunity! Industry leader with start up feel"

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in Denver, CO

I have been working at Vantiv (Less than a year)

Pros

The people really make the difference. The company operates like a well oiled machine with strong inter-departmental relationships to help support each stage of sales of the customer / prospect lifecycle. I have never worked in a company that does such a fantastic job of "knowing your role" and everyone working to support the your own department, as well as the surrounding. One area that really stood out to me was the tenure of the existing employees. Most of the teams have been with the company for 5- 10 years. That speaks volumes for the company and I see now why people stay!

Cons

I do not have any cons at this point

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! You are all doing an awesome job!

Apr 18, 2017 – Social Media Specialist

Thanks for sharing! We're so glad things have gone well for you. - Lydia

"Good company but too many areas of improvement"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Vantiv full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good PTO
    Good talent
    Great Ideas

Cons

Lack of Training
    Lack of Communication
    Lack of implementation

Advice to Management

Don't just look for feedback from those above you and try to impress them, also try to get opinions from those below you and put the useful thoughts to practice. Also there are plenty of good resources within, in terms of employees, start valuing them before it's too late. Start communicating with all levels of employees

Mar 31, 2017 – Social Media Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback, we will absolutely share this with the team. As part of commitment to continuous improvement we have launched new training for people managers ... More

"Nightmare experience"

Former Employee - Tech Support in Mason, OH
    Former Employee - Tech Support in Mason, OH

I worked at Vantiv full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They have free coffee and water

Cons

Do not work here. They are ruthless and dangerous.
    They put people in management positions who have never even worked in the the field.
    The company is very cut throat. You will find that they retain the ones that will do the most damage and then they ruthlessly terminate the ones who put their heart into the job.

This is the company that pretends to care , but it is not real , no values.

They will not think twice about firing you.

Do not think for a moment that you have a career potential there.

Advice to Management

Go learn how to manage people.
    Learn to train people.
    Learn to identify who values their position and who does not want to be there.
    Yeah I will see you again and we can talk about it.

"Associate Fraud Specialist"

Former Employee - Associate Fraud Specialist in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Associate Fraud Specialist in Denver, CO

I worked at Vantiv full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Somehow flexible. Stepping stone to better opportunities.

Cons

No room for growth. Stressful at times due to the volume of calls.

Mar 3, 2017 – Social Media Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. As part of our commitment to continuous improvement we are working on an initiative to map future career paths for each position in the company ... More

"You're just a number"

Former Employee - Director of Sales in Lowell, MA
    Former Employee - Director of Sales in Lowell, MA

I worked at Vantiv full-time (More than a year)

Pros

strong name in the industry

Cons

Terrible benefits, fairly low pay as far as industry standards, revolving door employment

Advice to Management

pay your people better, management them better, do more than pretend to care about your employees.

Mar 17, 2017 – Social Media Specialist

We're sorry to hear that you didn't have a positive experience working for Vantiv. We offer our employees competitive salary. We are continuing to improve our training for people leaders and have ... More

10. "Talent Acquisition"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Vantiv full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Awesome culture. Reminds me of a really cool tech start up environment. Leadership is super visible, hands on, and supportive of career development. Awesome company performing well in the marketplace in a very unique industry of payment processing/financial technology.

Excellent core values of being passionate about what we do, demonstrating a winning attitude, continuous improvement, strong character and value our people.

Cons

As with any newer and rapidly growing company, things shift and change quite often (which I actually like but it's not for everyone).

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing!

Mar 3, 2017 – Social Media Specialist

We're so glad to hear to you like it here! - Lydia

"The Ebenezer Scrooge of companies: Money, budget and outsourcing. Bah humbug to the employees!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

I worked at Vantiv full-time

Pros

A steady paycheck and benefits.

Cons

The company only cares about becoming the number one payment processor. They outsourced jobs to the Philippines, resulting in the closure of the Louisville Call Center and the loss of hundreds of jobs. Unless you work at the corporate headquarters, there are no learning opportunities for employee growth and no opportunities for advancement. They celebrate success at an executive level only, and put it on display via corporate show and tell meetings that have no meaning to the average employee. They show no regard or kindness to the people who helped make that happen. Political correctness is the law of the land that suffocates the culture, and makes people scared to do the right thing for fear they will offend and be reported to HR by the people that are the problem.

Advice to Management

People don't leave companies - they leave leaders. Leaders - make your people your first priority and business second. Take an interest in your employees by getting to know them and not just what they do. Find out what they want to do (when they grow up) and then do what you can to mentor them to help them succeed. Above all, empower them in their job or life to be their best and take ownership for their success. Bottom line - If people feel their leader cares for them, they will be more loyal, work harder and smarter and be there for them.

Mar 31, 2017 – Social Media Specialist

We're sorry to hear that it was a such a negative experience. We take your concerns very seriously. Please email socialmedia@vantiv.com for any further concerns. - Lydia