Vantiv Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2
Charles D. Drucker

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Some of the employees were difficult to work with and upper management seemed to keep their relationship with employees at a minimum (in 15 reviews)

• As you can imagine, the level of customer service at Vantiv is as terrible as the reviews say (in 13 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Sales Enablement"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Vantiv full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great culture!! Leader in the payments space. Fantastic leadership. Such a pleasure to be here. I've been in payments for 17 years and have worked for First Data, Western Union and mobile payment companies and by far, this is the place I want to be for the long haul.

Cons

One opportunity is to make networks more integrated internally.

Sep 18, 2017 – Social Media Specialist

So glad to hear you're enjoying your experience at Vantiv. We are working on integrating the various system as we continue to grow. - Lydia

2. "Good place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Vantiv full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good benefits, generous PTO, 401K match

Cons

Slow to fully integrate acquired companies

Dec 11, 2017 – Social Media Specialist

Thank you for taking this time to leave this feedback. - Lydia

3. "Great Environment, Changing Sales Goals"

I have been working at Vantiv full-time

Pros

Management and support is great. For the most part, this is an excellent place to work.

Cons

Expect goals to change often. Also, the company is getting bigger and bigger which turns you into a number.

Advice to Management

At least give ample warning when you are going to change things, whether it be goals, technology or re-alignments.

Dec 11, 2017 – Social Media Specialist

We're happy to hear you love working at Vantiv. We appreciate the feedback and have shared it with sales management. - Lydia

4. "Different culture depending on the office."

Former Employee - Manager in Lowell, MA
    Former Employee - Manager in Lowell, MA

I worked at Vantiv full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good people. Lowell office is modern and nice place to work. Managers seemed to genuinely care about employees. Exciting best in class payment platform.

Cons

Was part of Litle & Co. Company that was bought by Vantiv. Seemed to be a disconnect in culture from Lowell to Cincinnati. Benefits were not as competitive as other area companies.

Dec 11, 2017 – Social Media Specialist

As we continue to grow we continue to focus on bringing all the acquired companies together. Thank you for your feedback. - Lydia

"Mixed Feelings"

Current Employee - Marketing
    Current Employee - Marketing

I have been working at Vantiv full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You’re considering working for Vantiv, soon to be WorldPay. Read this first. Frequently, positions are advertised as open, however they already have a candidate selected, at least informally. Cronyism and nepotism are common here. Keep it in mind when you consider how much effort to put into your application process.

As others have wrote, vacation time and benefits are strong, salary’s are average.

Marketing is comprised of:

Public Relations/ Communications - group keeps busy with PR and internal announcements. They do good work. Ironically, leader has been known to have challenges communicating clearly to his team.

Go To Market - sizable team, dispersed among several geographic locations. If you’re a product marketer, here is where you’ll land at Vantiv. Good leader and good work produced here. Not much turnover as work is engaging, team is motivated, challenged and appreciated.

Digital Marketing - Email, web, and social marketing. This is a weak spot due to an inept leader convinced of her own rectitude. Seeing attrition here and lots of grumbling.

Creative/Corporate Branding - editorials , designers and creative types. Leader is about 3 years in and is improving her ability to guide the ship. Strong creative director in Durango office.

Enterprise Transformation - a smaller group of marketers with operational agendas. Don’t hear much positive or negative coming from this group.

CMO - well respected industry vet, overall well liked through out the organization.

Cons

Company actively soliciting positive reviews here on Glassdoor in August 2017, so be wary of the truth behind what you read.

The mergers and acquisitions have caused growing pains. Those will continue with the upcoming merger with World Pay. Morale ebbs and flows. Layoffs are frequent.

Advice to Management

Be genuine and transparent and you’ll create loyalty.

Dec 11, 2017 – Social Media Specialist

We appreciate the feedback. If there is anything we can do to improve your experience at Vantiv, please reach out to your HR business partner at Kayla.Ohlsen@vantiv.com. -Lydia

"Good people, confused mission and values"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I worked at Vantiv full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people, fast-paced environment, local HR very supportive and responsive.

Cons

Too many acquisitions in too short a time. Leadership focused on short-term goals without taking time to think strategically. Interview process is way too extended.

Advice to Management

If you truly want to create "One Vantiv, One Vibe" then act like it. Cincinnati, Denver, Phoenix, Durango, Schaumburg, all act like independent companies. Share resources and creativity to create consistent procedures. Being "#1" doesn't last long if you don't build talent from within.

Dec 11, 2017 – Social Media Specialist

Thank you so much for taking the time to fill out your experience with Vantiv. We are sad that you left, but we appreciate any and all feedback so we can continue to grow as a company. - Lydia

7. "Fast Paced with No Attention to Detail"

I worked at Vantiv full-time

Pros

A good and diverse employee population. The front line employees are enjoyable to be around and are always willing to help.

Cons

Vantiv tried to stay ahead of the curve by moving fast...unfortunately they forget the little details that leads to confusion and frustration by the employees when they are blamed for what should have been foreseen issues. Every issues is a "surprise."

Advice to Management

Take the time to thoroughly plan projects and product rollouts. Seek out advise and listen to the front line employees who in many cases understand the impact of changes better than management.

Dec 11, 2017 – Social Media Specialist

We are very glad to hear that your experience has been predominantly positive and we appreciate the constructive feedback as well so that we can embrace our core value of continuous improvement... More

"My experience at vantiv"

Former Employee - Senior Technical Support in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Technical Support in Houston, TX

I worked at Vantiv (Less than a year)

Pros

Met friendly co-workers
    Good coffee.
    Friendly security

Cons

Training insufficient to the required job
    No outsourcing for training vs in-house training
    30 min lunch
    No job security
    If you fail a quiz you will be terminated 🤔😕

Advice to Management

If test and quizzes will be administered please inform employee in the intake interview wether or not they adhere to such unpredictable working circumstances

Dec 11, 2017 – Social Media Specialist

We're sorry to hear that you were unhappy with your experience at Vantiv. We appreciate your constructive feedback and will take it into consideration as we continue to grow and improve. - Lydia

"Good Company, Great Co-workers"

Current Employee - Associate Quality Assurance Analyst in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Associate Quality Assurance Analyst in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Vantiv full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits
    Manager supports work/life balance
    Lots of career opportunities
    Great co-workers and team building
    Lots of diversity groups to join

Cons

Pay is below average for the industry
    Recruiting is slow both as an applicant and a hiring manager.
    No opportunity to buy more PTO

Advice to Management

Be more open with the pay scale and job titles
    Allow employees the opportunity to buy additional PTO

Nov 13, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We strive to offer competitive compensation and benefits, including a generous PTO plan. You will be happy to hear that career level... More

"Growing Company and can feel it both good and bad"

I have been working at Vantiv full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Love they people I work with. Empowered to make decisions to better products. Very good benefits.

Cons

Path to advancement needs to much clearer.

Oct 27, 2017

Thanks so much for taking the time to give us your thoughts. We have heard folks ask about more clear career mapping and are currently working with the HR team to get a better map system underway... More