Vantiv Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated December 8, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Some of the employees were difficult to work with and upper management seemed to keep their relationship with employees at a minimum (in 15 reviews)

• As you can imagine, the level of customer service at Vantiv is as terrible as the reviews say (in 13 reviews)

1. "Five years and growing"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Denver, CO

I have been working at Vantiv full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great team mates plus leadership is open to new ideas in the areas I work. Very rewarding if you are a hard worker and looking for a solid career.

Cons

Sometimes things can move really fast so you will not know everything that is happening around you. Views of the mountains are horrible from Denver office.

Advice to Management

Always pay attention to your people and you will have a friend in me.

Oct 27, 2017 – Social Media Specialist

We're happy to hear you're thriving! We love having friends like you. Let us know if have any additional suggestions. - Lydia

"Love the job hate the management"

Pros

Decent benefits could be better if they opened up to allow more benefits for medically necessary surgeries.

Cons

Management plays favoritism. If you have a great team don't sabotage anyone just to get the your friends in higher positions. Stop micromanaging and allow the your employees to work. Management only looks out for themselves and those they like. Good people will leave because of this. People are afraid to report issues due to retaliation so they just deal with it. Management talks negatively about their employees to those that report to them. Poor leadership skills.

Advice to Management

More praise and recognition for doing a great job and less micromanaging.

Sep 29, 2017 – Social Media Specialist

We're sorry to hear you had a such a negative experience with management. We take these concerns very seriously. If you'd like to share more information on your experience, please email us at... More

3. "Great people. Strong Opportunity. Great potential with the right moves"

Pros

Been here many years. People are great - best ever workers. Company growing with great opportunities. Wonderful experience and exposure. C-Level on right track, strategic and approachable. Work is challenging and complex. Good benefits. Nice buildings. Decent tools. Talks about the right kind of culture and live it in most, but not all aspects. Strong products and business. The good certainly outweighs any bad except for some salary and career progression. You'll enjoy your 1st or 2nd year and love the people but will the company earn your loyalty depends on department, priority and your managers skill and influence. Recommend with conditions because it depends on the person applying at this stage in company's growth. The right person with aptitude and patience and some technical skills will do well.

Cons

Despite a lot of great things culture and balance are the things they are still working on, although moving in right direction. Do more with less is the impression / mantra for sure, and they are not great at promote from within. Salaries are well below par (40% according to Glassdoor) with minimal % increases but if you have a bonus you'll likely get it if you're a solid contributor. When your expected to do more than one person can, salary should at least reflect better. Balance is tough because everything is a priority. Combine that with tough to get things done in a complex environment and there will be some frustrating days. Career planning is tough to non existent but they are trying and will get there eventually. Some areas (HR & Engineering leadership) would not only benefit from fresh perspective, transparency, and simplicity - its long overdue. Good still outweighs the challenging especially with great people. If you're one of the great ones then join a great group, but it's not for everyone. It's that middle to upper leader level that needs work. Hit or miss.

Advice to Management

You've done well externally and with M&A. Congratulations, it's been some remarkable moves. However it's time to really focus that great lens on more internal to put emphasis on the things you've heard and you know really matter most. How many times and ways do we have to tell you! Adjust the salaries/financial comp, staff appropriately / realistically, stop trying to do everything, and balance priorities more. Your killing great people. Career progression and training to reach next level has to be priority. Promote more from within too. If you want to do it all, you can, but only with right sized staff and/or money. You've tried to have it both ways. The passionate and dedicated great people deserve a little more. It's going to catch up sooner if you don't staff or reward just a bit better. Would hate to see that happen with so much potential. We all want and believe the company will succeed and we take great pride in our work, but you have done just an average job at helping your employees realize what's in it for them. The compensation benefits for long hours away from family, high stress, and less than competitive salaries needs adjustment. Lots of changes in last few years, and lots of people have stuck with you, but this next year is where it's time to walk the talk a bit more. Time for employees more than M&A. If you do that,.... then you will be one of the world's greatest companies to work for,.... and if you don't... Then you'll be just another big company. You're at a crossroads.... Choose wisely.

I'll be shocked if they actually respond to this post. Mainly because I agree with previous posts - fire HR. This post doesn't ft their narrative/spin. Remember you asked for our feedback, and to come here, now what are you going to do with it......

Nov 13, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are very glad to hear that your experience has been predominantly positive and we appreciate the constructive feedback as well so that we can... More

"Regional Account Executive"

Former Employee - Regional Account Manager in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Regional Account Manager in Austin, TX

I worked at Vantiv (More than a year)

Pros

flexibility to work from home, good medical benefits.

Cons

Low base and many hoops to jump through to receive well earned residual, pressure to charge inflated fees to make any money, over worked and underpaid. Comp plan is only for the companies financial benefit. Management uses fear tactics and negative motivation. Gender and age discrimination is prevalent and used frequently.

Advice to Management

Treat your hard working sales reps with respect, support and a comp plan that actually compensates your employees for their hard work and bringing in all the new business for the company.

"The most unethical company to work for"

I worked at Vantiv full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The corporate office is centrally located, which makes commuting not so bad.

Cons

Leadership is the worst. The culture is very cliquish. They teach employees how to be unethical and if employees oppose to it, Management retaliates against them.

6. "Great company"

I have been working at Vantiv full-time

Pros

Performance based company, great co-workers

Cons

Certain areas are overstaffed, leading to gauntlet style competition

Advice to Management

Connect with your people

Oct 13, 2017 – Social Media Specialist

We're happy to hear your having a great experience at Vantiv. We'd also love to hear about the cons you've listed above as well as your thoughts on how we can improve. Please reach out to us at... More

"Great place to work"

I worked at Vantiv full-time

Pros

High energy
    Fast growth potential
    Great teamwork
    Good reputation
    Good corporate outlook

Cons

Changing of Sr. leadership
    Volatile decisions
    HR involvement
    Recruiting department was not satisfactory
    Benefits could be more robust

Oct 13, 2017 – Social Media Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to leave this thoughtful feedback. We hear your concerns and will absolutely take them into consideration. - Lydia

"Vantiv"

I have been working at Vantiv full-time

Pros

Flexible with scheduling and working from home

Cons

No real sense of building up your career.

"5-star company to work for"

Current Employee - Marketing in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Marketing in Denver, CO

I have been working at Vantiv full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Vantiv is a five star company to work for. The leadership team is very practical and strategic. They respect their co-workers and support our work and development. It’s a friendly, supportive and collaborative environment. Vantiv supports various non-for-profit organizations and charities. Vantiv also organizes different social and charitable events throughout the year. The company has a women’s business network group which helps women with the development of their professional, social and personal skills. Plus, I have an awesome boss!

Cons

More benefits/perks, more vacation days and more budget for business trip and professional development. Overall it is a great company to work for.

Sep 29, 2017 – Social Media Specialist

We're so happy to hear that you're loving your team and the various company activities we put on! We have shared your feedback with the benefits team. Please let your HR business partner know if you... More

"Customer Contact Center Team Lead"

Former Employee - Contact Center Team Lead in Chandler, AZ
    Former Employee - Contact Center Team Lead in Chandler, AZ

I worked at Vantiv full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They have great benefits, and a good work environment. Company is growing constantly and they have a large footprint in the payments industry.

Cons

The company is growing so fast that they are shuffling things around between companies they purchase. Positions are being eliminated in one location because another location has duplicate positions. Job security is worrisome.

Sep 29, 2017 – Social Media Specialist

Glad you enjoyed your experience at Vantiv, we appreciate your candid feedback. - Lydia