Vanty International Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 19 reviews

3.7
Vanty International CEO Vanessa Tierney
Vanessa Tierney
  1. "Great Place to work!!!"

I worked at Vanty International

Pros

Training was extensive; especially the training that you get from Management is fantastic. Management really cares about individual Success/growth as well as aligning to Business objectives. Loads of training and support, career progression based on merit and performance and the opportunity to transform the success of companies and people’s lives...including your own. Every day is full of different and interesting... challenges. Great opportunity to have full ownership of your own client base and develop great long term client relationships. Good combination of working independently but also with a vibrant team of colleagues. Excellent opportunities to advance your career within Vanty. Great Team to work with.

Cons

None. This is a pleasant place to work.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great job! I Wish Good Luck to Vantyinternational

Vanty International2015-10-13

"Great Leaders and Vision"

Former Employee - Global Talent Account Manager

I worked at Vanty International full-time for more than a year

Pros

Vanty international is comprised up of some of the most intelligent and ethical recruiters I have had the opportunity to work with. This role truly strengthened my global presence and gave me the ability to work with Fortune 1000 companies on a daily basis. Working from home is also a wonderful perk.

Cons

As with any start-up organization Vanty is experiencing some growing pains. Some individuals will love the fast pace of a start-up and others will not like all of the rapid changes. Attrition is expected at this stage and is no fault of Vanty International.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and stay true to your ethics and the proper treatment of your employees especially during your periods of rapid growth and development.

Vanty International2014-07-30
  3. "VANTY INTERNATIONAL"

EMEA Talent Account Manager

I have been working at Vanty International

Pros

Career Growth, opportunities to learn a lot, dealing with International candidates and also companies, you meet people from everywhere, can make good money for yourself Fantastic colleagues and managers

Cons

Sometines you miss meeting people face to face but your colleagues make you feel really good

Advice to Management

KEEP GOING, YOU WILL GET IT!

Vanty International2014-07-23
  4. "Colleagues are the best part of this place"

Former Employee - Talent Account Specialist

I worked at Vanty International full-time for less than a year

Pros

Most recruiters are experienced, kind and helpful to other new colleagues. People work virtual and have ability to manage your own time they you want to (some of the time) Big client names Chance to work with international clients not just one region.

Cons

Communication could be much better, espeically with a virtual team. Most major announcements are sent in very long emails. There are team meeting each week which help share information but overall communication about decisions and strategies need to improve. Senior management doesn't seem to have a plan. All they say is they're expanding but whether it is strategic is a big question. A lot of times it just sounds... good but there is no clue on how to even start. Sometimes feels like blind leading the blind. Client relationships -some are good, many are not that strong. Some clients take forever to pay and they dont have enough internal support to help collect monies on timely basis.

Advice to Management

Need to think strategically and remember that growth is best when people stay with the company. Listen to your people, they might actually have more experience than you do on things.

Vanty International2014-07-28

"Do you want to work as a slave for free? Vanty International can help you."

Former Employee - EMEA Talent Acquisition Account Manager

I worked at Vanty International full-time

Pros

Coworkers are friendly. (not all of them...)

Cons

I lost my dignity there.

Advice to Management

Nothing. She wants only money, you're a machine not a person for her.

Vanty International2014-07-22
  6. "Best efforts rewarded as an independent contractor"

I worked at Vanty International full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great platform to synchronise with other recruiters, work from home and influence your own earning. Certainly not for everyone as witnessed a few recruiters come in, talk the talk and win No new business which is key for anyone building a portfolio. Vanty covered costs whether we performed or not and so a period of poor performance had consequences for the UK. Anytime I required support it was given so it is sad to... see such negativity.

Cons

Staying positive remotely especially with some negativity from individuals looking to point the finger when their performances were low. The concept is good your costs are supported, some client introductions facilitated but the rest is up to you. Not everyone has the ability to be successful - guess it's why only a certain percentage are entrepreneurs

Advice to Management

I think many who thought they could do it are better suited to working in house. In the future better to work with those that can do both business development and fulfilment so the blame game can't occur on the brand. Also that people understand it is essentially like being your own boss and the level of success is down to you and no one else.

Vanty International2017-03-22
  7. "Enjoyed my time there"

Former Employee - Talent Acquisition Manager in London, England

I worked at Vanty International full-time for less than a year

Pros

The training was thorough. When I joined I did training on marketing through a variety of forms such as Linkedin, Twitter, Facebook. I was trained on using Linkedin recruiter which is the most useful recruitment tool. After the initial training there were ongoing sessions delivered by management and consultants were also given opportunities to do sessions on their areas of expertise, e.g. I was asked to provide... training on an area I was knowledgeable in. I always felt I could go to anyone if I had questions about an area I was weak on and there was a general feeling of confidence in the team that we were experts and had a good grasp of the market. I worked with colleagues in different countries such as Germany, Sweden, Ireland, Belgium. Working within an international environment was important to me and this was one of the factors in my joining Vanty. Vanty has strong relationships with clients, from tech start-ups to multinationals, and whilst I was there I worked on many roles. On large assignments we worked in teams and had update group calls at least once a week. I enjoyed my time at Vanty: the variety of work, training, the team members, recruitment assignments and the sourcing and screening skills I learned.

Cons

Working from home can be isolating at times. Also, anyone without experience in recruitment needs to go into a recruitment role with their eyes open. Clients go to you with vacancies and this creates targets whereby you have to do everything you can to provide candidates within the agreed timelines. Provided you work in a methodical and smart way and always go to management whenever you have questions you will do... well at Vanty. Take ownership of what you do and be proactive and you will succeed.

Advice to Management

This section presupposes there has to be some sort of advice to give. Right now, I can’t think of any.

Vanty International2017-03-10

"Beware"

I worked at Vanty International

Pros

Interesting idea to have the entire team working remote and freelance Linkedin recruiter seat paid by them

Cons

Cash flow issues thus late payments They take on any client and any role, many clients are zero commited to do placements, you'll work A LOT for FREE (in 2016 only a hand full of placements were made - across a team of 20!!!)

Advice to Management

Examine clients for their commitment before you waste the time of your talented team

Vanty International2017-01-04
  9. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Recruiter

I have been working at Vanty International full-time for less than a year

Pros

The best training. Working with large clients. The support is great and the culture is an open one; I feel free to express my ideas and they are heeded! Working your own hours is a massive plus as is the teamwork.

Cons

I can't think of any. Managers are supportive and the virtual model really works

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

Vanty International2015-10-23
  10. "Wonderful employer, great team and greater rewards"

Current Employee - EMEA ACCOUNT MANAGER in Brussels

I have been working at Vanty International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Have been here for 3 years and having my best time ever. Enjoying every day and especially looking for Mondays to start the week with a review. Yes we work virtually but never felt it. Have a great team, ready to help and support in good and bad times. Probably one of the best commission structure in the business and rewards match your hardwork. We are really keen on customer satisfaction and every time strive... to improve it. The management and the board is the driving factor and reason behind everyone's success. Very supportive and flexible and one company who understands work life balance. Really!!!

Cons

Company growing at a rapid pace so there may be changes in policies. procedure sometimes which may not be adaptable to all. So people who cannot keep up with the fast pace leave unfortunately.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and keep motivating us !!

Vanty International2015-10-23