Varonis Systems Reviews | Glassdoor

4.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
YAKI FAITELSON

Pros
Cons
  • The work is fast-paced and self-driven (in 17 reviews)

• it is a fast paced environment and you are expected to hit (or come close to) your goals, being able to efficiently multitask is key (in 7 reviews)

1. "Great company & growth"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Varonis Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great technology and good people from the top down. Sales process and methodology is already developed so it is just a matter of executing.

Cons

Not much here. Rapid growth company which is a good thing, but it can also mean aggressive quotas in certain territories.

2. "Territory Development Representative"

I have been working at Varonis Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Pay + Commission
    Awesome and well laid out career path ( many promotions from within)
    Awesome work culture, positive management, everyone here is here to help one another
    Full company Benefits, medical, dental, 401K matching, stock options
    fully stocked kitchen
    great training program and awesome NYC office
    great field to be in

Cons

Nothing yet. I love this place. Keep up the great work.

Advice to Management

keep up the great work

"A follow-up to where the company is now"

Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Morrisville, NC
    Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Morrisville, NC

I have been working at Varonis Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I wanted to write this review to talk about some of these old reviews. I'm reading through these negative reviews from last year and the year before and I don't see what these reviews are talking about, which tells me the company is listening and improving.

The TSE position prides themselves on taking someone who knows jack diddly about a computer and be able to teach them everything they need to know to be successful. Is there customer interaction that needs to be monitored closely? Absolutely. Why? Because the company has one of the best customer satisfaction rates for support service. When you do a good job, you get told you're doing a good job. It is a different experience than what I'm used to. Here's a list of some pros I can still attest to:
    *Fully stocked kitchen every single day (I don't have to pay a dime for breakfast and lunch)
    *Able to collaborate freely with any associate within the office. Everyone has the attitude of, "I've been there and I feel you, let me help you succeed like someone else did for me." It's awesome. Everyone wants everyone else to be successful.
    *Benefits are practically unbeatable. I have never seen a package so frickin' good. And the benefits start from DAY 1. Not 30 days in, not 90 days in, DAY 1.
    *Time off accrual begins after the first pay period. How cool is that?! Every where else is after 12 weeks of complete full time.

Here's the thing. There is a lot of information to be taken in within a short amount of time. The company is growing, and they are learning. They start every training group with that it is going to be different than the last. Because they want everyone to succeed. The only way you can be successful in this position is if you want it. If you want to put the work in AT work and maybe at home, depending on how quickly you work and comprehend the material. Is it a confusing course? Yea it is, but its to teach you to collaborate. You will never be successful by working by yourself. If you expect to be an expert on every part of this product, you might as well give up. If you don't understand something, as the question. You don't ask, they assume you know. Ask as many questions until you fully understand what you are asking.

Cons

The starting salary is low. But the extra benefits you get help out greatly. An extra $150 a month to cover cell phone/internet/home phone helps with the bills.

Advice to Management

You have created a great atmosphere and it rivals any other desk job. I think when staffing is where it needs to be, there will be more time for training, but I apprceciate

5. "Compensation good, smart people"

Current Employee - Channel Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Channel Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Varonis Systems (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay, smart people. Work from home. Fantastic product. 100% sold through the channel so no internal struggle on giving up points.

Cons

A lot of focus on metrics even when results are positive. Because of working remotely there is less team feeling.

6. "Territory Development Representative Review"

Current Employee - Territory Development Representative in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Territory Development Representative in New York, NY

I have been working at Varonis Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Ability to work in an ever-changing IT industry
    -Gain insightful knowledge by speaking with technology employees of all sorts of hierarchy, lots to learn through technology sales
    -Sales training gives you the ability to create your destiny and learn through constant technical training
    -Ability to work with colleagues who you can learn from on a daily basis
    -Kitchen/lunch available
    -Great view overlooking Manhattan
    -Very fair compensation and ability for good OTE

Cons

-Expectations are high. Those who are new to technology sales may feel more pressure right away.
    -Fast moving organization who only wants to move quicker, not for everyone.
    -No one answer is unison, you may hear different things from different people, still learning to open the gates of communication
    -Specific to sales, you may feel heavily micromanaged in some aspects, which will either motivate people or make them leave.

Advice to Management

Prospective employees: Understand exactly what is being asked of you before you accept a position at Varonis, do your research and understand what your metrics are and how they are achieved.

7. "Great company, and amazing product"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Boston, MA

I have been working at Varonis Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Management cares about your success and development as a sales rep. The software works and has a direct, positive impact on the companies you work with.

Cons

Some of the internal process are labor intensive and not streamlined.

8. "TDR"

I have been working at Varonis Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good place to start a career in sales. Great training and guidance from management. Fun and open office settings.

Cons

The day to day pace of the business is lightning fast and is not for everyone. Micro management is a necessary evil for the business to be successful.

9. "Great Opportunity, Amazing Culture, Incredible place to work."

Current Employee - Corporate Systems Engineer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Corporate Systems Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at Varonis Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have worked at Varonis for 5+ months now and can't stress enough how much I enjoy everything the company has to offer. Since day 1, I was provided with the required experiences and knowledge to succeed. New hire training is well structured and robust. Everyone is welcoming and supportive. The products are innovative, have really valuable use cases, and are well positioned for the ever changing security landscape.

The company culture is unlike anything I've experience before. Coming from a large conglomerate, the Varonis experience is a complete 180. The work environment is startup-esk and I look forward to coming in each day. The atmosphere is casual, the office is exciting, free food and interoffice events are common place.

Cons

There are no visible cons at this point.

Advice to Management

Continue doing what your doing.

10. "Varonis Sales Representative"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

Autonomous, work from home flexibility, pay is more than fair, teamwork is encouraged and very easy to get help from everyone.

Cons

If you are new to IT security then steep learning curve but they train very well. Heavily metrics focused but it leads to success if you follow the recipe.

Advice to Management

Please see yourself as a resource to the employees in all facets. When you tour territories far from HQ please allow the local sales/management teams to dictate scheduling so it is not so disruptive to work flows. Give us much more notice when you plan to visit. We like your visits and they are critical to getting certain deals done but they need to be more strategic.

"Growing Company with amazing product!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Varonis Systems (More than a year)

Pros

Fast growing and ever changing. You have the ability to grow and move up within the company, as well as shape your own role- asking for more responsibility and to be involved in more areas of your department. Employee feedback is taken very seriously here and the company is doing a number of activities to ensure they give the employees the opportunity to give this feedback about the company, their role, etc.

Cons

There are always downsides to fast growing companies, just have to be able to keep up with the pace and the changes that occur. But if you can do that there are no issues.

Advice to Management

Continue to be open to making changes that can improve the company and listening to employee feedback.