Varsity Spirit Reviews | Glassdoor

Jeff Webb

"Incredible Company"

Current Employee - Vice President in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Vice President in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Varsity Spirit full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The people, the culture, the passion to help young people

Cons

I don't have very much negative to say about the company. I love coming to work every day.

2. "Wonderful, employee friendly company with opportunity for advancement."

Current Contractor - Instructor in O'Fallon, IL
    Current Contractor - Instructor in O'Fallon, IL

I have been working at Varsity Spirit as a contractor (More than 5 years)

Pros

You will create beautiful bonds and relationships with your co-workers. We are more than fellow employees, we are a family. You will also improve people skills while also improving your confidence and public speaking abilities.

Cons

Would be considered summer job and even then, should not be your main source of income. Also, some jobs will take you far from home so be comfortable with being alone and traveling alone.

Advice to Management

Management is amazing and always looks out for their employees. Extremely professional but also very personable

3. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Garland, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Garland, TX

I have been working at Varsity Spirit full-time

Pros

97% of the people are a joy to work with.

Cons

3% need to get their stuff together....

5. "I never want to leave VARSITY"

Current Employee - Sales Representative and New Business Specialist in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Varsity Spirit full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I am currently a Sales Rep/New Business Specialist, with experience in the corporate office as well. I love Varsity and everything they have to offer. They allow sales reps to work from home with great benefits. Help is always available when needed. And upper management listens to our feedback and is always working to make our jobs easier.

Cons

Expenses are not paid for: office supplies, gas, extra needed samples, etc. Some internal processes are lengthy and manual, so an update in technology internally would be great.

6. "Sales Representatives"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Riverside, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Riverside, CA

Pros

I have worked for Varsity for 7 years. Absolutely LOVE it!! I think this is by far one of the best run companies for both their employees and their customers. They stand behind everything they do. I have been in the industry for 30 years, and they are 100% genuine. Love the schedule, I will be here till I retire!!

Cons

Long hours part of the year, I actually love it! you must be a go getter and a self starter!

Advice to Management

Keep up good work

7. "Best Job I've Ever Had"

Current Employee - Receptionist in Garland, TX
    Current Employee - Receptionist in Garland, TX

I have been working at Varsity Spirit (More than a year)

Pros

There's a reason Varsity is the clear industry leader in cheerleading and dance. This company is dedicated to providing its employees and customers with the best possible experience. I get to work with some of the most passionate and talented people in the industry. Just as an example, a few months after I started working here, CEO Jeff Webb came through our office and before his meeting he realized I was new and took the time to talk to me and get to know me a little bit and asked me what I thought about working here. There are several corporate offices around the country with over a hundred employees at each location, and that he cared to get to know the new receptionist was very meaningful to me. I'm grateful to work here and don't plan on ever working for another company!

Cons

I don't have any complaints.

Advice to Management

Continue to make your employees feel valued. That's what makes me love working here.

8. "Sales Representative"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Laredo, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Laredo, TX

I have been working at Varsity Spirit full-time

Pros

A Strong and Reputable company who's management and tech support are Bar None. Great benefits, Fantastic Product Line. Quality environment and continued training throughout the year.

Cons

one downfall would be to resolve issues with billing, invoicing in a back/forth email game or babysitting discount approvals that have already been established or approved by upper management. time consumption on this issue is the only downside. Not having new, updated products 'in hand' from the moment our sales conference has ended.. this leads to feeling you're behind in the game of sales against your competitors.

Advice to Management

Pls. set up a separate dept. to handle all the day in/out details of customer questions on invoicing. my customers always lose the indiv. detailed reports i provide to them 'constantly'; and when it comes time to pay invoices.. their audit dept. has to see ea. indiv. order, by member, by name and has to balance out to zero. at times; when there is a return/exchange; the AR Dept. doesn't realize my customers are 'bid customers' and receive free shipping and 5% discounts; so the ultimate number on invoice is Always Off.

9. "Amazing company that is a great launching point into a wide range of careers."

Former Contractor - Camp Administration in Memphis, TN
    Former Contractor - Camp Administration in Memphis, TN

I worked at Varsity Spirit as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

Family Centered
    Professional Development
    Teach many workplace skills especially in problem solving and customer service.
    Compensate for travel expenses

Cons

Lots of Travel, Many responsibilities, not the best pay

10. "It was wonderful!"

Former Employee - Camp Manager in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Camp Manager in Memphis, TN

I worked at Varsity Spirit part-time (More than a year)

Pros

By far the best way to get work experience during the summer. Everyone is friendly, upper management is easily approachable, and you truly make a difference for the campers.

Cons

The only con would be if you were trying to use this as a full time career. The pay would be low compared to other full time jobs.

11. "Loved it."

Former Contractor - Instructor in Memphis, TN
    Former Contractor - Instructor in Memphis, TN

I worked at Varsity Spirit as a contractor (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great summer job for spirit squad (dance, cheer, mascot) in college, cool travel opportunities.

Cons

There are not many cons ... the one things I would say is that it might be hard to get camps and events if you have other things in your schedule. May limit income opportunities.

Advice to Management

Keep it up.