Found 1,512 of over 3K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
The latest conversations about Tech
Technical Account Manager
Being a woman in tech, I only recently started advocating for myself at work about advancement opportunities. Because of this I wanted to ask this question to my male counterparts. When you have 1:1's with your direct reports and talk about career growth / aspirations what is your managers’ response typically? I’d like to gauge how my experience (negative) differs from others. For instance are you met with blockades, enthusiasm, dread, etc?
Got a burning question about Varsity Tutors? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Varsity Tutors employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Varsity Tutors has flexible hours that allows me to continue to go to school full time and manage my schedule." (in 149 reviews)
- "Flexible Work from home IT is helpful" (in 134 reviews)
- "Flexible scheduling: you dictate your availability for tutoring and you schedule sessions within your timeframe" (in 105 reviews)
- "Remote work setting C level management is great" (in 59 reviews)
- "It is a great opportunity to help students everywhere and communicate with them on line." (in 56 reviews)
- "Low pay (Considering I was expected to teach even the working professionals in Computer Science" (in 293 reviews)
- "They charge students $80 an hour while paying me only $20? Plus I still have to handle my own taxes and enjoys no benefit!" (in 56 reviews)
- "There's no training; I believe that Varsity Tutors hires tutors whom they feel already know what they are doing and can operate independently." (in 30 reviews)
- "Advice to those joining: don't accept a low salary thinking you can increase it later." (in 30 reviews)
- "Don't get excited thinking they will be closed and you will have time off." (in 8 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Varsity Tutors and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
- 5.0Sep 27, 2023TutorFormer EmployeeDenver, CO
Students are connected with you and you are paid often. The platform also worked well and the company had little control on your own teaching styles and philosophy which was nice.
You might get paid less than as a freelance or individual tutor
Varsity Tutors Reviews FAQs
Varsity Tutors has an overall rating of 3.3 out of 5, based on over 2,859 reviews left anonymously by employees. 50% of employees would recommend working at Varsity Tutors to a friend and 45% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -5% over the last 12 months.
50% of Varsity Tutors employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Varsity Tutors 3.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.2 for culture and values and 2.9 for career opportunities.