Vast Bridges Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.4
Kevin Conner

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Great company, great job, great people!"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Agent in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Agent in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Vast Bridges (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company, great job, and great people to surround yourself with. Effective coaching/productive tools to achieve the best of your ability. Love the company culture – it is everything the recruiter said it would be. This is the perfect place for a college grad or just anyone looking for a fast paced, competitive environment. A lot of people similar age in their mid-twenties which is always a plus.

Cons

Sales is fast paced, and is not for everyone. It truly is a practice, and you have to consistently work hard to have consistent success. The environment can be distracting sometimes because there is a lot going on. Music playing, people cheering, and the occasional Nerf gun bullet hitting you, all while on the phone.

Advice to Management

Continue to have a feedback driven environment where we are challenged and able to grow!

2. "Recently fired 75% of their employees!"

I worked at Vast Bridges full-time

Pros

Very fun atmosphere! Great people working there and fun activities constantly happening.

Cons

Honestly, this was a great company to work for, but they're too focused on fun and not focused enough on working. No "real" work gets done. Kevin is a smart guy, but laying off 75% of your employees is just pouring gasoline on the bridge and lighting it on fire.

Advice to Management

Stay loyal to those who stay loyal to you. Employees are people, not pawns.

"Shady unprofessional company."

Former Employee - Sales Agent in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Vast Bridges (Less than a year)

Pros

You can make alot of money if you're good at Sales.

Cons

They false advertise, ask you to lie to customers. CEO has no idea what's going on.

Advice to Management

Don't blame employees for management problems. Treat your loyal employees better, don't do shady things. Be professional and organized

4. "Sales representative"

I worked at Vast Bridges part-time

Pros

Good money. Easy job. Fun atmosphere.

Cons

New company. Policies always changing, including pay rate, commissions, and bonuses. Bad product.

Advice to Management

Continue creating a firm foundation and policy that is consistent and without change.

"Absolutely love it here!"

I have been working at Vast Bridges full-time

Pros

Great management, fun company. lots of praise, incentives and rewards for great performance. I really love working here - the people are great, and so are the benefits.
    I do see a future here, two of our currently managers were promoted from within.
    Money is really good.
    Management always lets you know where you stand - so do your numbers on the board that is updated constantly. You are given a set of goals that are very achievable and you always know where you stand.

Cons

Can't think of anything really. The sales floor can get loud sometimes, but usually people cheering each other on.

Advice to Management

Continue praising and rewarding outstanding sales agents. Also I really enjoy the Book Club, so maybe create other avenues for us to continue learning and developing.

Dec 24, 2015 – Managing Director

Thank you for leaving a review for us! Whenever we can, we strive to promote within. We are very glad that you enjoy the Book Club. It is one of the most important benefits we make available to our... More

"Sinking ship in serious trouble"

I worked at Vast Bridges full-time

Pros

They legitimately try to have a fun, young environment but doesn't always work out for them. Some great people used to work there, but most have left. If you like a corporate environment, this is the opposite. Not much structure or direction.

Cons

Recently, the websites got de-indexed from Google, meaning the websites that previously brought in leads and sales, are no longer there. An online lead generation company that doesn't have leads? Seems like it's not much of a company. Huge layoffs going on and don't see the company ever getting back to it's glory days.

Advice to Management

good luck, you're going to need it.

Dec 24, 2015 – Managing Director

We are very happy that the first thing that you noted is the very thing always commented on in our reviews - that we have a great, fun team environment. Thank you for mentioning this. And you are... More

"Run As Fast As You Can!"

Former Employee - Sales Agent in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Vast Bridges full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The agents there are great to work with.

Cons

Management and training is horrendous!

Advice to Management

Do Better!

Dec 24, 2015 – Managing Director

Thank you for taking the time to review us here. It is only through feedback that we can improve. Yes, as you mentioned we have a really great team here! It is truly like a family on the sales floor... More

"What are you looking for? Short Term Job or Long Term Career?"

I worked at Vast Bridges full-time

Pros

I had a lot of fun while I was there. I was all for "Team VB" and truly felt like morale was great. Most of the people there were amazing!

Cons

I watched while good people were let go for ridiculous reasons. They fired because of claims that were made without completing a proper investigation and they gave people nearly unattainable goals, and then if they weren't meeting them for a day or two they claimed that their work wasn't "up to par". However, it should be noted that days/weeks before, management was announcing their accomplishments in meetings and telling them they were doing a great job. It just seems unethical. I truly fear for people who are working there because you can be getting praise one day and fired the next. If you're looking for a short-term job, this could be good for you as turnover rate is high. This is NOT a long-term career opportunity. 90+% employees have been there for less than a year.

Advice to Management

Don't lead employees on and make them feel like they have security. If you aren't happy with production, let them know their job is on the line.

Nov 18, 2015 – Managing Director

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. And thank you for recognizing the great culture ("Team VB") and your great peers! This is truly the greatest compliment we could receive... More

"Great opportunity - great future"

Former Employee - FLORIDA in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - FLORIDA in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Vast Bridges full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Really big on improvement and development of their people. Great morale on the sales floor. Really believe in their people and expect high performance.

Cons

They do not tolerate people calling in/missing work. Unfortunately this is how I lost my job. I ruined a great opportunity for myself, and they are not willing to give me another chance.

Advice to Management

None

"Outstanding Company in Jax"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Vast Bridges full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Vast Bridges has a young, passionate staff. While your coworkers are quick and lavish with praise, they're also super competitive. People strive to be their best each and every day and collaborate with one another to ensure collective success.

It's evident that upper management is committed to continually improving their employees professionally and personally. They develop employees from the onset with their full-time corporate trainer and onward with the coaching sessions you receive through your Performance Manager. Management also meets regularly with an outside business coach to ensure all levels of employees continue their development.

Management always has an open-door policy which is refreshing. They welcome employees who have concerns or ideas for improvement.

There are tons of other perks too including free car washes, lunches, company outings, and happy hour!

Finally, the compensation is great! Sales agents have the opportunity to earn anywhere between $12-$20/hr. You also can earn uncapped commissions and bonuses! Vast Bridges expects high performance out of their employees but they also reward high performance.

Cons

If you're resistant to change then you should probably look elsewhere. As with any growing company, you have to be able to adapt to a fast-paced workplace.You have to accept that policies and procedures are going to change and the most successful employees always adapt and prosper.

Also, always be positive. The people that I've seen part ways with the company were either excessively negative or unreliable (i.e. calling out and being tardy excessively). As in any sales role, your mind is your biggest obstacle.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in the people at Vast Bridges as they will always be your greatest resource.