Vast Bridges Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated July 23, 2018

3.3
Kevin Conner

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Absolutely love it here!"

I have been working at Vast Bridges full-time

Pros

Great management, fun company. lots of praise, incentives and rewards for great performance. I really love working here - the people are great, and so are the benefits.
    I do see a future here, two of our currently managers were promoted from within.
    Money is really good.
    Management always lets you know where you stand - so do your numbers on the board that is updated constantly. You are given a set of goals that are very achievable and you always know where you stand.

Cons

Can't think of anything really. The sales floor can get loud sometimes, but usually people cheering each other on.

Advice to Management

Continue praising and rewarding outstanding sales agents. Also I really enjoy the Book Club, so maybe create other avenues for us to continue learning and developing.

Dec 24, 2015 – Managing Director

Thank you for leaving a review for us! Whenever we can, we strive to promote within. We are very glad that you enjoy the Book Club. It is one of the most important benefits we make available to our... More

2. "They fired a 7-month pregnant widow"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Vast Bridges full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free coffee!
    Also, as an inside sales representative, you can consistently under perform and miss even the lowest of sales goals!
    You can feel free to make 0 sales on over 50 calls and keep your position! You'll be just fine as long as you're not 2 months away from giving birth while partners are threatening VB's bonuses!

Cons

Constant change.
    The only thing you really can be sure of while working at Vast Bridges is your complete and utter worthlessness, even after years of loyal service.
    Other than that, it's all gravy!

If you'd enjoy sticking by a company after being bounced from role to role and adjusting with a smile on your face and almost zero direction from management, only to be told, "we can't justify paying for your position" less than 90 days before your baby's due date, assuring that no other company on Earth will hire you, (and even if one did, you'd be pushing that baby out before you're even eligible for benefits anyway) then apply now!

Advice to Management

Obtain human souls.

3. "Stay clear"

I worked at Vast Bridges full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Vast Bridges definitely hires some great people. It’s a young, casual work environment.

Cons

Management is awful. Absolutely no training what-so-ever. I would reach out for help but ignored time and time again. They had to lay off 75% of their staff less than a year ago if that tells you anything about how this company operates. CEO is fun and energetic but is completely disengaged from the company. Vast Bridges does a great job of masking the imperfections so just be weary.

Advice to Management

Invest in training opportunities. You waste more money by having employees who don’t know how to do their job.

4. "Recently fired 75% of their employees!"

I worked at Vast Bridges full-time

Pros

Very fun atmosphere! Great people working there and fun activities constantly happening.

Cons

Honestly, this was a great company to work for, but they're too focused on fun and not focused enough on working. No "real" work gets done. Kevin is a smart guy, but laying off 75% of your employees is just pouring gasoline on the bridge and lighting it on fire.

Advice to Management

Stay loyal to those who stay loyal to you. Employees are people, not pawns.

"Shady unprofessional company."

Former Employee - Sales Agent in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Vast Bridges (Less than a year)

Pros

You can make alot of money if you're good at Sales.

Cons

They false advertise, ask you to lie to customers. CEO has no idea what's going on.

Advice to Management

Don't blame employees for management problems. Treat your loyal employees better, don't do shady things. Be professional and organized

6. "Sales representative"

I worked at Vast Bridges part-time

Pros

Good money. Easy job. Fun atmosphere.

Cons

New company. Policies always changing, including pay rate, commissions, and bonuses. Bad product.

Advice to Management

Continue creating a firm foundation and policy that is consistent and without change.

"Great company, great job, great people!"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Agent in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Agent in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Vast Bridges (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company, great job, and great people to surround yourself with. Effective coaching/productive tools to achieve the best of your ability. Love the company culture – it is everything the recruiter said it would be. This is the perfect place for a college grad or just anyone looking for a fast paced, competitive environment. A lot of people similar age in their mid-twenties which is always a plus.

Cons

Sales is fast paced, and is not for everyone. It truly is a practice, and you have to consistently work hard to have consistent success. The environment can be distracting sometimes because there is a lot going on. Music playing, people cheering, and the occasional Nerf gun bullet hitting you, all while on the phone.

Advice to Management

Continue to have a feedback driven environment where we are challenged and able to grow!

"Sinking ship in serious trouble"

I worked at Vast Bridges full-time

Pros

They legitimately try to have a fun, young environment but doesn't always work out for them. Some great people used to work there, but most have left. If you like a corporate environment, this is the opposite. Not much structure or direction.

Cons

Recently, the websites got de-indexed from Google, meaning the websites that previously brought in leads and sales, are no longer there. An online lead generation company that doesn't have leads? Seems like it's not much of a company. Huge layoffs going on and don't see the company ever getting back to it's glory days.

Advice to Management

good luck, you're going to need it.

Dec 24, 2015 – Managing Director

We are very happy that the first thing that you noted is the very thing always commented on in our reviews - that we have a great, fun team environment. Thank you for mentioning this. And you are... More

"Run As Fast As You Can!"

Former Employee - Sales Agent in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Vast Bridges full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The agents there are great to work with.

Cons

Management and training is horrendous!

Advice to Management

Do Better!

Dec 24, 2015 – Managing Director

Thank you for taking the time to review us here. It is only through feedback that we can improve. Yes, as you mentioned we have a really great team here! It is truly like a family on the sales floor... More

"What are you looking for? Short Term Job or Long Term Career?"

I worked at Vast Bridges full-time

Pros

I had a lot of fun while I was there. I was all for "Team VB" and truly felt like morale was great. Most of the people there were amazing!

Cons

I watched while good people were let go for ridiculous reasons. They fired because of claims that were made without completing a proper investigation and they gave people nearly unattainable goals, and then if they weren't meeting them for a day or two they claimed that their work wasn't "up to par". However, it should be noted that days/weeks before, management was announcing their accomplishments in meetings and telling them they were doing a great job. It just seems unethical. I truly fear for people who are working there because you can be getting praise one day and fired the next. If you're looking for a short-term job, this could be good for you as turnover rate is high. This is NOT a long-term career opportunity. 90+% employees have been there for less than a year.

Advice to Management

Don't lead employees on and make them feel like they have security. If you aren't happy with production, let them know their job is on the line.

Nov 18, 2015 – Managing Director

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. And thank you for recognizing the great culture ("Team VB") and your great peers! This is truly the greatest compliment we could receive.

First... More