Ve Interactive Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Morten Tonnesen
1 Rating

Pros
  • No real dress code, can wear what you want (in 8 reviews)

• The culture in the Boston office is laid back and the majority of the employees are very social, which makes coming to the office everyday enjoyable (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • have not been paid on time more than once (in 4 reviews)

• Lack of communication between departments (in 3 reviews)

1. "Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Boston, MA

I have been working at Ve Interactive full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Endless opportunity to make a lot of money in commission
    No micromanagement - trust in getting day to day tasks done
    Product suite continues to grow into as a must-have for all of ecommerce

Cons

PTO is rather limited

Advice to Management

Continue to give training and insight to those who seek it

2. "Not for the feint of heart"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Boston, MA

I have been working at Ve Interactive full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- flexible product offering applicable to many verticals
    - growing revenue base
    - rewards creativity
    - aggressive comp plan for account executives

Cons

- lack of training
    - Sales managers are too hands off
    - ERP and CRM systems are not user friendly

"needs more structure to truly be successful"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Ve Interactive full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very nice people that are easy going

Cons

horrible leadership across all departments

"The Best Company to Work for"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Ve Interactive (Less than a year)

Pros

Being able to say I actually enjoy coming to work and don't dread it is a huge pro. This is a job where you will work hard when you're here, but won't stress outside the office or work extra long hours each day. The culture here is the best and unique to the company. Its a perfect sized office that still has the start-up vibe to it. Everyone is very close and gets along. There's a pool table, ping pong table, long wooden table with chairs, and a couple of booths to go and do work, which is a great alternative to sitting in one place all day. The transparency from management is also a pro and overall a great team to be on.

Cons

The only con I can think of is to have more frequent training. Not that it is a bad thing, but it takes time and effort to train new people, so it only happens a couple of times a month.

Advice to Management

Continue to treat employees the way you are treating them, it goes a long way for the both of us.

Feb 17, 2017 – Recruitment Advisor

We are very pleased to hear you are enjoying your time at Ve Boston! Being a laid-back company with some cool perks is what has made us a great company since we first opened our doors in the US. Glad ... More

"A story of what could of been"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Ve Interactive full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There were some very nice, smart, hard working people at Ve during my time there. Unfortunately most have left (well fortunately for them). I'm hard pressed to think of anything positive about the place. I will say this, their flagship product is unique in the market and if continually develop the product they could have a nice little niche in the online retail ecosystem.

Cons

There is a laundry list of what is wrong with this place but I will stick with 3.

Complete lack of focus. They are always looking to make a quick buck because they are self financed. Which does not allow them to come up with a plan and stick with it.

Their products outside of their flagship product are all white labeled solutions from other companies, so no differentiation. The ops teams do their best to work with what they have, but any person off the street has access to the same technology they do.

Lastly and the by far the worst part about the company is the management. I really don't think they are bad people, they are just quite simply over their heads. With no industry experience at all, they have reverted to micromanagement and treating their employees like school children. There is no middle management to speak of in the Boston office so you are left to fend for yourself. Turn over is extremely high and if you are a looking to nurturing environment to start your career in, this is not the place.

Advice to Management

Had the reigns over to people who know what they are doing. I realize it's your money on the line, but you are not helping yourselves by getting in the way. If you do want to run the company, then run it. Don't just show up at the end the month asking how everything is going. Either commit to helping your employees or just let the people you hired to do that, do that.

7. "Stellar Company"

I have been working at Ve Interactive full-time

Pros

Ve is a great company to work for. Everyone knows everyone here and it feels like family. I love working for a company that's laid back, no dress code, and a cool start-up vibe with great perks!! I love being apart of a company where you're actually valued. Honestly, please ignore any negative comments because Ve is nothing short of amazing! I would recommend anyone to Ve.

Cons

My only complaint is training can be very dry/boring-but that's normal for when you start at new company.

Feb 17, 2017 – Recruitment Advisor

Great to hear you are having such a “stellar” experience here at Ve! We pride ourselves on having an enjoyable, yet hard-working atmosphere, so it’s wonderful to hear that you are getting the most ... More

"Worst Company in the History of Earth"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Ve Interactive full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Clueless leadership so you could do whatever you want.
    Unlimited beer.
    No dress code.
    Playing PANTS.
    Unintentional comedy every day from the top level.

Cons

Oh dear Lord there are so many........

Clueless leadership that knows nothing about AdTech.
    Favoritism to certain employees including promotions.
    Failure to pay bills on time.
    Hired multiple convicts.
    Daily 4pm meeting that was finally switched to "only" 3 days a week, including Friday.
    Meetings held on disgusting couches in the hallway.
    BDRs and AEs have no one to report to and absolutely no direction.
    No sink in the "kitchen".
    Bathrooms are beyond disgusting.
    Used to have trash buckets to catch water from the AC unit in the hallway.
    Office is more like an apartment than an office.

Advice to Management

Give up, retire, open a bakery. Anything else.

Feb 17, 2017 – Recruitment Advisor

Thank you for your feedback. We are very sorry to hear you were not pleased with your experience here at Ve Boston. We are a growing company and with that will always come growing pains. We are ... More

"Its High School All Over Again"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Ve Interactive full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Convenient Location, Close to downtown, Office Space is kinda cool, Elevator is fast, Half Day Fridays in the Summer.

Cons

Everything Else... Company Culture, Upper Management has no leadership skills, Favoritism towards a small group of employees, Daily Status Meetings and offers no health benefits.

Advice to Management

None, they will not listen and seem to not to care about running the company like a business, instead its a high school and they are just waiting for the bell to ring.

"Working at Ve"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Boston, MA

Pros

The best part of working for Ve, hands down, is the culture. It's a great group of people who are always willing to help each other out. I'm fairly new to the company, but it's been a fantastic experience so far. Casee in recruiting was great about getting in touch and keeping me updated throughout my entire interview process. It definitely made the whole process as painless as possible.

The atmosphere here is very laid-back, which was a welcome change for me, coming from a stuffy cubicle job. Tons of snacks on hand, two kegs on tap, and a pool table? What's not to love?

Cons

The training program could be a little bit more hands on. They're great about providing you with all the information you need to do the job, but I'm the type of person who needs to DO something to learn it, so I would have liked the training to have involved more active demonstrations.

Advice to Management

Adding a bit more structure to the training program would be a great help to new employees.

11. "Great culture and career paths for those who are driven"

I have been working at Ve Interactive full-time

Pros

Ve Interactive has given me a great overall experience so far in my employment here. They have really given me the ability to put my experience and skills to use in a way that will not only benefit the company, but also will benefit my own career and professional development. They offer great career development for those who are driven and willing to work for it.

The culture in the Boston office is laid back and the majority of the employees are very social, which makes coming to the office everyday enjoyable. The snacks and kegs also help to keep us motivated and keeps us mingling with people we may not work with closely on a daily basis.

Cons

I think sometimes there is a lack of communication between the executives in the office. I also think we could improve our PTO plan and be a little bit more flexible with working from home when it makes sense. I think we are working our way to improving the communication and working form home areas, so I look forward to seeing how things advance over the next year.

Advice to Management

Trusting employees goes a long way and giving adequate time off will increase morale and productivity.