Vector Marketing Reviews in Scottsdale, AZ | Glassdoor

Scottsdale, AZ

4.9
Bruce Goodman and Albert DiLeonardo

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • You can easily make a lot of money if you're willing to put in the effort (in 42 reviews)

• They give you a flexible schedule (in 80 reviews)

Cons
  • In the beginning they promote you to sell to friends and family (in 127 reviews)

• I wish they could have told us that we could sell the kitchen knives online first instead of trying the door-to-door method (in 51 reviews)

1. "Best Enviorment"

Former Employee - Branch Manager in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Branch Manager in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Vector Marketing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Income Opportunities+
    Flexible Hours+
    Positive Culture+
    Growth Professionally and Personally+

Cons

If you're not a go getter or have a positive attitude then you may have a difficult time.

Advice to Management

Depends on the office you start in.

2. "Great experience, awesome summer job"

Former Freelancer - Assistant Manager and Field Sales Leader in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Freelancer - Assistant Manager and Field Sales Leader in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Vector Marketing (Less than a year)

Pros

Overall a wonderful experience. I was quickly promoted to assistant manager. It's a very fun, competitive and encouraging environment. I had zero work experience, and Vector taught me what it means to be a young business professional. They take you seriously, and the company is unbiased as to age, race, sex, anything. The harder you work, the more you sell, and the quicker you are promoted. I secured 4 promotions in 10 days, with a total of 6 promitions while working there. Commissions quickly grow, and the pay was unheard of in comparison to my other cohorts of the time.

Cons

It's a lot of work. You are the master of your trade, you are labeled a "small business owner". All of the responsibility in this job is on you. Nothing I don't think anyone can't handle, but the more you work and put into it, the more you get out of it. That's the beauty of the position. It's not easy, but you are paid on how much you put into it, not how much the boss likes you or if you stayed overtime. You must be comfortable and confident enough to make sales, but it's something that quickly gets easier.

Advice to Management

Encourage your representatives. Be the guiding hand that you needed when you began in the company. Be organized, be clear, and understand that everyone has different methods of learning. Be open minded and help direct your reps to success in the ways that works best for them.

3. "As close to a pyramid scheme as you can legally get"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Vector Marketing (Less than a year)

Pros

It is possible to make decent money doing this, but unlikely, especially for recent high school graduates.

Cons

Minimum $16/per appointment that you have to spend time to find, contact, and set up.
    3 full days of unpaid training.
    Mandatory meetings multiple times per week.
    It's frowned upon to not go to the conferences... even though they cost money.

They tell you that you can work at your own pace, but there's a minimum sales required to stay "active." ...and if you're just coasting above that minimum the managers will talk to you constantly about getting your numbers up.

Advice to Management

You may know what you're doing. Some of the kids you recruit may know too, but some don't. That's not cool.

4. "Pretty good overall experience!!"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Vector Marketing part-time (More than a year)

Pros

This job is a great way to work on communication skills and other life-skills. You sell high quality kitchen cutlery which basically sells itself. The training is great, it's considered to be one of the top training seminars in the country. There is flexible scheduling, meet new people (make friends) and learn a good deal about sales and business.

Cons

Building leads can be nerve wrecking because you will most likely start out with family and then call their friends. You got to put in the work if you want to really succeed. You mostly pay for conferences and company events.

5. "Great sales team at my location, as well as informative individuals."

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Vector Marketing part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The best reasons to work there are personal growth, as well as developing sales experience.

Cons

Some of the challenges are making enough consistent money to make this job a career path.

Advice to Management

N/A

Showing 5 of 1,910 reviews