Vector Marketing "pyramid scheme" Reviews | Glassdoor

Vector Marketing Employee Reviews about "pyramid scheme"

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Sales Representative"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

I worked at Vector Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great knives

I learned how NOT to be treated.

Cons

Classic MLM

They try to make the position sound like it's not a pyramid scheme, but it is. They pressure you into giving them your personal contacts and continue to call them years after you work there. If I didn't make a sale, they would berate me. They take advantage of kids out of high school and college students. Stay away unless you enjoy scamming your friends and relatives into paying way more than they should for a set of knives.

If you want to do this for the money, you won't make much. They have that enticing "base pay," but that only covers the hour that you are actually with a client. That doesn't cover the time you take to arrange the meeting or your transportation. They also have you attend a mandatory three-day training pre-selling that you are not compensated for at all. I stayed through the ten-day "fast start" and never received any of the prizes I won. Commissions are decent, but that's IF you manage to convince someone to buy $100s worth of knives. Good luck with that.

Advice to Management

Make your stuff available online and allow people to willingly choose to spend way too much money on knives. Don't pressure kids and take advantage of them just because it's their first job.

"Pyramid scheme do not bother"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Austin, TX

I worked at Vector Marketing part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None. It’s a pyramid scheme

Cons

It’s a pyramid scheme don’t waste time and energy on these guys. It’s not worth it to harass your friends and family for a product that can be purchased at your local Wal Mart for a fraction of the price

Advice to Management

Stop existing

"It's a scam"

I worked at Vector Marketing full-time

Pros

Selling knives that should have been sold in store aisle

Cons

You have to sell them by bugging your friends and family, or going door to door through this pyramid scheme

"Pyramid Scheme"

I worked at Vector Marketing part-time

Pros

None, all the positive reviews you see here are all done by them

Cons

Pyramid Scheme scam
    Don't tell you that you'll be selling knives
    Take all of your earnings and give you a very small portion
    Dishonest

Advice to Management

Stop baiting young people into doing this scheme of a 'job'

"PYRAMID SCHEME"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Vector Marketing part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Absolutely nothing. It’s a scam.

Cons

What a scam. Vector will hire anyone for their pyramid scheme. Stop listening to these fake reviews. You work door to door and only get paid for commission. After finding out this info, I decided to leave during the group interview. The manger was very clearly a narcissist, as he was displeased at my choice and called me a liar for having to leave. Even they know young adults that aren’t easily tricked are sensible enough not to work for them. Please don’t be fooled by these reviews written by the company. It’s a despicable practice, and you’re better off not going anywhere near this company preying on American youth.

Advice to Management

Stop being so rude to people who aren’t impressed with your company. You’d be better at the evil company thing if you were actually successful at tricking people behind a smile and nice attitude.

"They're selling to you, and you're the only one buying. Employed in 1997, so this is going to continue."

Former Freelancer - There Are Titles? in Luthvle Timon, MD
    Former Freelancer - There Are Titles? in Luthvle Timon, MD

I worked at Vector Marketing (Less than a year)

Pros

Easy job to obtain, I was hired on the spot (that's a red flag).

Cons

Too many to list - made to believe that the opportunities are pretty high, but it's more of a door to door sales job. You're encouraged to start with friends and family, since they're readily available. A quick question of how you feel about door to door salespeople and friends and family trying to sell you things makes you realize that the job isn't going to work out. Outside that ... pyramid scheme/scam.

7. "SUPER SCAM AWFUL PLACE"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Littleton, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Littleton, CO

I worked at Vector Marketing part-time

Pros

Nothing at all! Don’t waste your time

Cons

Pyramid scheme to the max! You basically have to harass your friends and family to sell knives and it makes you feel slimy. My “manager” was crazy religious and often made us watch these religious videos which made us all uncomfortable. When I told them I wanted to leave they told me I had to make THREE MORE SALES to “end on good terms”. I just walked out. Don’t waste your time.

Advice to Management

Stop luring kids with promises of money and happiness just to sell your knives.

8. "SCAM SCAM SCAM"

Former Contractor - Outside Sales Representative in Chicago, IL
    Former Contractor - Outside Sales Representative in Chicago, IL

I worked at Vector Marketing as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

None, don't waste your time.

Cons

Pyramid scheme, no benefits, my manager was the same age as me, I received my first and only check by the end of the entire summer I worked there it was a grand total of $17 after collecting $700 in sales from my friends and family who I can't even look in the eye now because I've tried to sell them knives.

Advice to Management

Stop luring young naive high school graduates. I am traumatized by sales now.

9. "Pyramid Scheme. Stay away from CutCo/Vector Marketing at all costs"

I worked at Vector Marketing part-time

Pros

Technically, you can "make" up to $20 per appointment.

Cons

Everything else. You can't actually get the money you make unless you're at least 30 years old and own a house. Not professional AT ALL. Wasn't even a real office. Not office phones or anything. They barely even tried to make the "office" seem like it had any semblance of professionalism. Plus you have to pay a fee in order to sell their products. I think they took it down but they used to have a section on their website that was called something like "We Are Not a Pyramid Scheme". Lmao. Do you think Google or Apple needs a section on their website explaining why they're not a pyramid scheme? Of course not, because they're actual companies. 95% of the positive reviews are people who work for upper management (the ones who actually make the money) and are writing fake reviews. The other 5% are poor, brainwashed people who are just defensive about their job. So yeah, pyramid scheme. Everything about that company was just super uncomfortable and unprofessional. Hated working there. Wish I had done my research before accepting the job.

10. "Don't work here."

Pros

Need money? They'll pay you.

Cons

It's basically a pyramid scheme. Very sketchy.

Showing 57 of 2,518 reviews