Vein Clinics of America Reviews | Glassdoor

Current Employees

3.2
Hans Thunem

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The work environment is more collaborative than competitive (in 4 reviews)

• Dr's and clinic staff really do care about there patients even though all HQ wants is money and they have to keep doing more and more treatments (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • WAY TOO MUCH work, including evenings and weekends for way too LITTLE PAY, bonus is little to nothing but you probably won't hit it anyway (in 3 reviews)

• bonus plan pays little to nothing, dont believe the percentage they tell you that is bankable (in 2 reviews)

1. "Commitment to continuous improvement"

Current Employee - Director in Downers Grove, IL
    Current Employee - Director in Downers Grove, IL

I have been working at Vein Clinics of America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Interesting and challenging work in an environment where you can make a real difference in people's lives and doing things better (as opposed to maintaining the status quo) is encouraged, recognized and rewarded. There is lots of room for growth and plenty of opportunities to gain new skills. The work environment is more collaborative than competitive.

Cons

The fast paced environment is not for everyone. If you are looking for a place to float along this probably isn't a great fit for you. There is also a history under former management of leading by fear and intimidation which is steadily changing but not fully addressed.

Advice to Management

Continue to recognize excellence and nurture the culture.

Jan 27, 2017 – Senior Marketing Leader

We always enjoy hearing about the collaborative and stimulating work environment at VCA and appreciate your feedback about the changing company culture. Thank you for sharing!

2. "OA"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Vein Clinics of America (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to work!
    Only lazy people gave bad reviews.

Cons

long hours like any other job

"Collections Specilaist"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Downers Grove, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Downers Grove, IL

Pros

2 weeks vacation and 6 days pto first year and decent pay.

Cons

No advancement opportunities at the corporate location.

Advice to Management

You can't lead a team if you don't know what you are doing yourself.

"RN"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse- Sclerotherapist in Downers Grove, IL
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse- Sclerotherapist in Downers Grove, IL

I have been working at Vein Clinics of America (More than a year)

Pros

Good money and good benefits

Cons

Too many to count- no ethics or morals

Advice to Management

Get it together

"Run...FAST"

Current Employee - Sales in New Britain, CT
    Current Employee - Sales in New Britain, CT

Pros

The employees are great to work with.

Cons

The training is very minimal. Promised benefits only to find out months later that the promise was false. Management is not easy to work with and will put you down whenever they see the chance. The turnover rate is VERY HIGH - due to management styles. Employee morale is the worst I have ever seen at a company.

Advice to Management

Consider which people are hurting the business and increasing the already staggering turnover numbers.

6. "Veins Clinics is a great organization"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakbrook Terrace, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

I have been working at Vein Clinics of America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The reason why I like working for Vein Clinics it's because there is no micromanagement, also its family oriented. Everyone gets along. we all work as a team.

Cons

Like in every work force there are challenges and commitments however the communication within this organization lacks in many levels. There is room for improvement and I believe they are making those change slowly which I do see.

Advice to Management

Communication is the key to success within the organization. However, keep doing the great work you have always have.

"Working experience and patients care"

Current Employee - Technical Director, IL Phlebology PC, Sonographer/Preceptor in Gurnee, IL

I have been working at Vein Clinics of America full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I love working in VCA-( Vein Clinics of America). I want to say Thank you for the opportunity to participate in first in VCA history Trainers workshop this weekend.
    Trainers- sonographers and nurses felt recognized, we shared our experience and learned a lot from each other.
    Chris McGreevey, Jessy Farris and Michelle McEvoy did exceptional job working on agenda, discusions and us all the time.
    Trip to Chicago downtown was amazing, Pizza delicious, Chicago night view - breath taking!

Thank you a million.

After workshop Everyone including myself felt very important and recognized and more experienced.

Cons

We work closely with my doctor and nurse as well office staff to get great results and overall patient satisfaction. I work with other sonographers, US training manager and doctors, Regional director in regards to treatments: protocols changes, solutions, improve audits results and etc.
     I am proud to be member of VCA team. I have very positive attitude about work disciples, my clinic staff, DM and OS specialists. I am true Advocate for VCA. I am truly believed in the benefits we provide and I am able to project this to my patients. I am more and more involved in high quality training new sonographers. When I am training new sonographers for the company I feel I reflect this positive attitude with highest of standards.

Advice to Management

Preceptor workshop (like one per year) to share and get more experience. Experienced Preceptors expertise helps more efficient ways to train new sonographers and provide quality patients care in growing VCA practice.

"VCA - Nice in Theory"

Current Employee - RN Provider in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - RN Provider in Washington, DC

I have been working at Vein Clinics of America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

When I accepted the job offer, I was excited and enthusiastic about the corporate culture that touted teamwork, collaborative effort, clear communication, interdisciplinary approach and patient education.

Cons

I only wish the stated values and culture were true in actuality. Upon accepting the position offer, I was excited and enthusiastic about being a member of an organization that was team oriented, patient centered and had immediate and measurable efficacy. I soon found interventions / treatments that benefitted profit over necessity.

Advice to Management

Monthly profit goals may motivate and offer incentive to promote and submit approval for treatments that maximize corporate profit over patient need.

9. "HR Recruiter"

I have been working at Vein Clinics of America full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I like how the senior management team are very down to earth, approachable and very engaged with their employees -in the field or in corporate. They want to you your concerns as an employee regardless of your pay grade.

Cons

Some teams escalate small things to quickly without going through proper channels and working with other teams to get a resolution .

Advice to Management

to direct the teams that are escalating small issues to speak to others first

May 12, 2017 – Senior Marketing Leader

We appreciate your feedback and kind comments about the leadership at Vein Clinics of America. We are always looking to improve and have made note of your advice about encouraging teams to work... More

"clinic"

Current Employee - Clinic Staff
    Current Employee - Clinic Staff

I have been working at Vein Clinics of America full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

there's not much pro, decent benefits and pay. Dr's and clinic staff really do care about there patients even though all HQ wants is money and they have to keep doing more and more treatments.

Cons

so many employees have jumped ship recently that it is scary. why are so many people who have been with the company for a long time all leave makes you wonder. morale is lowest because more and more pressure all the time to make money and people scared all the time so most are quitting or looking to quit. soon there wont be many left to take care of the patients.

Advice to Management

wake up and realize that if the company was all that like some people posted which is probably posted by HR then you would not have people quitting every day and there will be lots more.maybe try to care a little about your employees and not pressure them all the time about making more and more money for the company and your turnover won't be so horrible.

Feb 7, 2017 – Senior Marketing Leader

We greatly appreciate your feedback and take your comments about valuing Vein Clinics of America employees seriously. We consider this an opportunity to evaluate and improve our commitment to each... More