Vein Clinics of America Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.4
Hans Thunem

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The work environment is more collaborative than competitive (in 4 reviews)

• Dr's and clinic staff really do care about there patients even though all HQ wants is money and they have to keep doing more and more treatments (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • WAY TOO MUCH work, including evenings and weekends for way too LITTLE PAY, bonus is little to nothing but you probably won't hit it anyway (in 3 reviews)

• bonus plan pays little to nothing, dont believe the percentage they tell you that is bankable (in 2 reviews)

"Fabulous company to work for."

Current Employee - Professional
    Current Employee - Professional

I have been working at Vein Clinics of America full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Growing organization that offers career growth. Excellent Benefits and professional people to work with. Work in healthcare and enjoy your weekends off. I have learned so much about vein disease and truly want to help as many people as I can.

Cons

Where there is growth is growing pains. Need change in order to grow. We haven't been able to be in every state yet but we some great goals.

Advice to Management

Be open to suggestions and continue to invest in our people.

"Working experience and patients care"

Current Employee - Technical Director, IL Phlebology PC, Sonographer/Preceptor in Gurnee, IL

I have been working at Vein Clinics of America full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I love working in VCA-( Vein Clinics of America). I want to say Thank you for the opportunity to participate in first in VCA history Trainers workshop this weekend.
    Trainers- sonographers and nurses felt recognized, we shared our experience and learned a lot from each other.
    Chris McGreevey, Jessy Farris and Michelle McEvoy did exceptional job working on agenda, discusions and us all the time.
    Trip to Chicago downtown was amazing, Pizza delicious, Chicago night view - breath taking!

Thank you a million.

After workshop Everyone including myself felt very important and recognized and more experienced.

Cons

We work closely with my doctor and nurse as well office staff to get great results and overall patient satisfaction. I work with other sonographers, US training manager and doctors, Regional director in regards to treatments: protocols changes, solutions, improve audits results and etc.
     I am proud to be member of VCA team. I have very positive attitude about work disciples, my clinic staff, DM and OS specialists. I am true Advocate for VCA. I am truly believed in the benefits we provide and I am able to project this to my patients. I am more and more involved in high quality training new sonographers. When I am training new sonographers for the company I feel I reflect this positive attitude with highest of standards.

Advice to Management

Preceptor workshop (like one per year) to share and get more experience. Experienced Preceptors expertise helps more efficient ways to train new sonographers and provide quality patients care in growing VCA practice.

3. "I LOVE my job!"

Current Employee - Medical Liaison
    Current Employee - Medical Liaison

I have been working at Vein Clinics of America full-time

Pros

I have had the opportunity to work with many amazing hard working people. We provide an excellent health service to patients that I am very proud to represent. Professionally, I have always felt fulfilled and valued. I have been able to grow and learn within each role I have taken.

Cons

I know I can make more money elsewhere. But if you are looking for a stable job that is fulling and will allow you to learn and grow! This is a good place to work.

4. "Opportunities and fastpaced"

Pros

Great people as well as opportunitie for advancement.

Cons

the environment can be fast paced sometimes.

5. "OA"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Vein Clinics of America (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to work!
    Only lazy people gave bad reviews.

Cons

long hours like any other job

6. "HR"

I have been working at Vein Clinics of America full-time

Pros

VCA is an organization that continuously strives for improvement.

Cons

I do not have any cons

"Getting better all the time ..."

I have been working at Vein Clinics of America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been here for a few years. This used to be a very “closed and secretive” culture. The new CEO (2015) is great. He goes out of his way to update us at quarterly town hall (electronic) meetings. Things seems more relaxed now even though we work very hard. I like my team. People get along well. The company is doing a better job of moving out people who are low performers or just don’t get along.

Cons

This is a very busy environment. It won’t work for you if you like a slower pace. I happen to like being really busy. The day flies by. I imagine this is what is behind some of the (vocal minority) negative reviews.

Advice to Management

Keep the communication going! We like it. It would be nice to be able to learn more from the other clinics in our network.

Vein Clinics of America Response

Dec 16, 2016 – Senior Marketing Leader

We greatly appreciate your feedback and are delighted to hear the positive comments about our CEO and changing culture. Thank you for all your hard work!

8. "Commitment to continuous improvement"

Current Employee - Director in Downers Grove, IL
    Current Employee - Director in Downers Grove, IL

I have been working at Vein Clinics of America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Interesting and challenging work in an environment where you can make a real difference in people's lives and doing things better (as opposed to maintaining the status quo) is encouraged, recognized and rewarded. There is lots of room for growth and plenty of opportunities to gain new skills. The work environment is more collaborative than competitive.

Cons

The fast paced environment is not for everyone. If you are looking for a place to float along this probably isn't a great fit for you. There is also a history under former management of leading by fear and intimidation which is steadily changing but not fully addressed.

Advice to Management

Continue to recognize excellence and nurture the culture.

Vein Clinics of America Response

Jan 27, 2017 – Senior Marketing Leader

We always enjoy hearing about the collaborative and stimulating work environment at VCA and appreciate your feedback about the changing company culture. Thank you for sharing!

9. "Veins Clinics is a great organization"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakbrook Terrace, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

I have been working at Vein Clinics of America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The reason why I like working for Vein Clinics it's because there is no micromanagement, also its family oriented. Everyone gets along. we all work as a team.

Cons

Like in every work force there are challenges and commitments however the communication within this organization lacks in many levels. There is room for improvement and I believe they are making those change slowly which I do see.

Advice to Management

Communication is the key to success within the organization. However, keep doing the great work you have always have.

10. "One of the best places I worked in. Very challenging and interesting. Never a dull moment."

Former Employee - Office Assistant
    Former Employee - Office Assistant

I worked at Vein Clinics of America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good people. Great Benefits. Reasonable working hours.

Cons

Corporate puts on a lot pressure on meeting financial monthly target.

Advice to Management

Corporate needs to analyze the market of each individual office so that they can meet their monthly quota fairly. A clinic in a town will not be as profitable as a clinic in a city.