Vein Clinics of America Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Hans Thunem

Pros
  • Mon-Fri, no call, decent benefits, clinical setting, some good doctors and staff with a good moral compass (in 4 reviews)

• The work environment is more collaborative than competitive (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Almost all senior management have left (in 7 reviews)

• There is an extremely high turnover rate (in 3 reviews)

1. "Medical Liaison"

I worked at Vein Clinics of America full-time

Pros

Great place to get experience calling on multiple types of specialties.

Cons

Terrible management from the bottom up. Poor pay. Poor communication. No interaction with team members. No opportunity for upward mobility.

Advice to Management

Change it.

Mar 21, 2017 – Senior Marketing Leader

At Vein Clinics of America, we strive to provide the best possible environment for all employees and are always looking for ways to improve. We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts ... More

"clinic"

Current Employee - Clinic Staff
    Current Employee - Clinic Staff

I have been working at Vein Clinics of America full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

there's not much pro, decent benefits and pay. Dr's and clinic staff really do care about there patients even though all HQ wants is money and they have to keep doing more and more treatments.

Cons

so many employees have jumped ship recently that it is scary. why are so many people who have been with the company for a long time all leave makes you wonder. morale is lowest because more and more pressure all the time to make money and people scared all the time so most are quitting or looking to quit. soon there wont be many left to take care of the patients.

Advice to Management

wake up and realize that if the company was all that like some people posted which is probably posted by HR then you would not have people quitting every day and there will be lots more.maybe try to care a little about your employees and not pressure them all the time about making more and more money for the company and your turnover won't be so horrible.

Feb 7, 2017 – Senior Marketing Leader

We greatly appreciate your feedback and take your comments about valuing Vein Clinics of America employees seriously. We consider this an opportunity to evaluate and improve our commitment to each ... More

"Going Downhill Fast"

Current Employee - Clinical
    Current Employee - Clinical

I have been working at Vein Clinics of America full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The Doctors and the Office staff are truly concerned with the Patients well being. Patients get good treatment outcomes but need to come if for a lot of visits. This is a highly encouraged practice to generate more money for the company. Company has decent benefits and pays pretty well but very tough to enjoy work or have any life balance.

Cons

This company cares more about the money then it does for it's patients or workers. Within the last year it has gotten worse. Lots of good people have recently left and many more are looking for other jobs.

Advice to Management

Change your culture and focus on patients, not just the money. There are lots of hard working, caring employees here. If you treat them better they may bail on you or be looking for other jobs.

Jan 31, 2017 – Senior Marketing Leader

We greatly appreciate your feedback and take your comments about company culture seriously. We value each and every individual who works at VCA and consider this an opportunity to evaluate and ... More

"Unprofessional Atmosphere"

I worked at Vein Clinics of America full-time

Pros

There are some nice people in the company that make it worthwhile but these very nice people are too scared to back you or support you when you need them. Management is flexible for time off for family needs.

Cons

Very unprofessional behavior amongst colleagues; favoritism is pervasive. Inappropriate behavior is not reprimanded and sadly some are scared of those employees who tend to cause trouble, so bad behavior goes unchecked. I have experienced rude and demeaning actions by colleagues with no redress.

Advice to Management

Reward good behavior and show appreciation to employees who contribute to the success of a clinic. Recognize employee diligence and dedication. Reprimand bad behavior and create zero tolerance for unprofessionalism and unsavory atmosphere in a clinic.

Jan 31, 2017 – Senior Marketing Leader

We’re very sorry to hear that you had a negative experience at Vein Clinics of America. We appreciate your thoughtful advice about employee recognition and are always looking to improve. While ... More

6. "Commitment to continuous improvement"

Current Employee - Director in Downers Grove, IL
    Current Employee - Director in Downers Grove, IL

I have been working at Vein Clinics of America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Interesting and challenging work in an environment where you can make a real difference in people's lives and doing things better (as opposed to maintaining the status quo) is encouraged, recognized and rewarded. There is lots of room for growth and plenty of opportunities to gain new skills. The work environment is more collaborative than competitive.

Cons

The fast paced environment is not for everyone. If you are looking for a place to float along this probably isn't a great fit for you. There is also a history under former management of leading by fear and intimidation which is steadily changing but not fully addressed.

Advice to Management

Continue to recognize excellence and nurture the culture.

Jan 27, 2017 – Senior Marketing Leader

We always enjoy hearing about the collaborative and stimulating work environment at VCA and appreciate your feedback about the changing company culture. Thank you for sharing!

"Getting better all the time ..."

I have been working at Vein Clinics of America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been here for a few years. This used to be a very “closed and secretive” culture. The new CEO (2015) is great. He goes out of his way to update us at quarterly town hall (electronic) meetings. Things seems more relaxed now even though we work very hard. I like my team. People get along well. The company is doing a better job of moving out people who are low performers or just don’t get along.

Cons

This is a very busy environment. It won’t work for you if you like a slower pace. I happen to like being really busy. The day flies by. I imagine this is what is behind some of the (vocal minority) negative reviews.

Advice to Management

Keep the communication going! We like it. It would be nice to be able to learn more from the other clinics in our network.

Dec 16, 2016 – Senior Marketing Leader

We greatly appreciate your feedback and are delighted to hear the positive comments about our CEO and changing culture. Thank you for all your hard work!

"Medical Liaison"

Pros

Nice clinic staff, easy to get along with. You manage your own schedule.

Cons

A lot of repetitive paperwork.

Nov 23, 2016 – Senior Marketing Leader

We always enjoy hearing about positive employee relationships. Thank you for sharing.

"Front Office"

Former Employee - Office Assistant in Fairfax, VA
    Former Employee - Office Assistant in Fairfax, VA

I worked at Vein Clinics of America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company, great benefits, 2 weeks PTO time, holidays, 401K, dental, vision. Affordable premiums. Deductible is not too high. Learning new things everyday. the training for new hires has changed. 5 week training. hands on training in the clinic you will work in

Cons

No work life balance. No value on patient's. Focused on revenue. Long hours, so you get burnt out quickly. Front office need more support. Training was not structured. most training done via webinar and then expected to be a pro on what you went over. Very aggressive atmosphere.

Advice to Management

none

Nov 19, 2016 – Senior Marketing Leader

Thank you for your contributions to the Fairfax clinic. We are always looking to improve and appreciate your feedback.

"Practice Manager"

Former Employee - Practice Manager in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Practice Manager in Irving, TX

I worked at Vein Clinics of America full-time

Pros

Great Salary, paid vacation/holidays and closed on the Weekends.

Cons

Area Management, HR don't care about the employees. Unethical and its all about the Revenue....they also don't believe in Promoting people of Color.

Advice to Management

You guys need better Managers that actually care about the patients and just about the Revue.

Nov 3, 2016 – Senior Marketing Leader

We greatly appreciate your feedback and take your concerns very seriously. Vein Clinics of America is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at all levels. While Glassdoor reviews are ... More

"Has potential to provide a great service but greed gets in the way."

Former Employee - Vascular Technologist in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Vascular Technologist in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Vein Clinics of America (More than a year)

Pros

Monday through Friday medical position, no call or holidays. Can work with some very nice people and the patients are the nicest.

Cons

Unfortunately the core of this company is profit driven like most businesses, but in healthcare it's a bad idea to attach "bonuses" to more prolific offices to perform more procedures. There are a lot of great doctors in the system but management puts pressure to keep numbers up and well....leaves room for things to occur that should not. I could not abide by that concept and chose to move on. That enviroment which provides weekends and holidays off does not make for a positve work/life balance. They would get a minus 5 for cultures and values if it were possible to do so.

Advice to Management

Concentrate on providing true quality healthcare services and stop putting dollars ahead of everything else.