Velocity Merchant Services Reviews | Glassdoor

3.5
Danoush Khairkhah
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Current Long time Employee"

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Velocity Merchant Services full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great staff, as well as culture, always learning new things as the industry changes . Positive work environment

Cons

Benefits package could be better

2. "Sales"

I worked at Velocity Merchant Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None None They will hire anyone.

Cons

Mgt Lies to employees all the time.

"Fast Pace & Fun Work Environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Downers Grove, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Downers Grove, IL

I have been working at Velocity Merchant Services full-time

Pros

Your hard work pays off, its not reliant on a group. You work hard you are rewarded. Fast pace environment, ever changing industry. I love technology so for me its an ideal place of employment. Also lots of fun outings, EXCELLENT Bonus Comp plan! Some reps make upward of $7000 a month in Bonus and Commission.

Cons

Wish we had more regular training

Advice to Management

Try and set up regular training for Apps

"Pretty Cool Place to work, the little bit of time I was there"

Former Employee - Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at Velocity Merchant Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

everybody is really friendly, the managers actually try to help you vs some companies I've worked for they just throw you out to the wolves, they don't just view you as a number, even the owner tries to get to know who you are

Cons

there weren't many, its a typical sales office, they give you pretty easy goals to hit, as long as you try they werent that hard to hit and the money wasnt bad at all.. i'd still be there if my wifs job wasnt relocated...the temperature in the office sometimes was cold in the winter but I just brought a jacket, so can't be too picky

Advice to Management

have more company get togethers, the first couple months i was there we all hung out after work to get to know each other a few times, whether it was at a bowling alley, bar etc, which was cool because I got to know people outside of the office...

5. "Run away from ths place, lirs, cheats, and thiefs NOT a business, no integrity, I worked there almost 6 months,"

Former Employee - Sales in Downers Grove, IL
    Former Employee - Sales in Downers Grove, IL

I worked at Velocity Merchant Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

not any, if you do dugs, and drink most of the staff is high and drunk you will fit n, They do a background check, but you can still get hired with check or social security fraud. If they like you it does not matter.

Cons

worked to the bone, 80% of employees are family unqualified and have no education, They hire outside talent that is let go before they have to pay benefits which are 6 months away. They just burn and roast people. They do not report time on the job accurately, demanded to be there by 8:15 for a start time of 8:30, then they pay you from 8:30 on, reason, they are not paying for a break. When I started there were 40 people I watched 28 people either quit or get fired. They can't keep staff, core group of bullies run the new people right out.

Advice to Management

Give it up, you do not have any skills to run a company or run a business. The job postings are BAIT and SWITCH, say all these things that are not true. The CEO has a full bar n his office, and drinks with his BOYS club on most days. Lying to customers and employees will catch up to people with no values.

Velocity Merchant Services Response

Apr 27, 2017 – Director of Human Resources

Its unfortunate when a working relationship goes bad... I thank you for your feed back and will take everything into account. Velocity Merchant Services has been in business since 1998, 40% of our... More

"Outside sales"

Current Employee - OUTSIDE SALES in Downers Grove, IL
    Current Employee - OUTSIDE SALES in Downers Grove, IL

I have been working at Velocity Merchant Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They will hire you and give you something to talk about for your next sales job/ interview. Once you get a real sales job you will laugh about the time you had there.

Cons

No base for outside sales, lie's about cost of products, everything wrong with slaes

Advice to Management

Give base pay to outside sales reps.

Velocity Merchant Services Response

Apr 27, 2017 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback, all Outside Sales Reps are treated as independent contractors, they are NOT employees of the company, base pay is only offered to inside sales agents. Sales prices are... More

7. "Hit or miss depending on where you are in life."

Former Employee - Existing Business & Product Development Manager in Bartlett, IL

I worked at Velocity Merchant Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very fast paced environment for individuals who can stand the pressure. Constantly evolving and adapting to changing business needs.

Cons

A constant revolving door of sales people. Hard to understand all the changes that go on but it is all done in an effort to grow the company. Very limited time off.

Advice to Management

Keep fighting the good fight

8. "Great Company!"

Pros

Great people to work with and good environment. Things get hectic when a storm hits but that is expected in this field.

Cons

There really are no cons to working here whatsoever..

9. "Super Positive Work Environment. Supportive Management!"

Current Employee - M A in Downers Grove, IL
    Current Employee - M A in Downers Grove, IL

I have been working at Velocity Merchant Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very helpful and supportive Management Team. Management really cares about the employees and they will do everything to help the Reps succeed. Friendly co-workers. Everyone in the building is nice, helpful and supportive. The company promotes after hour events like the VMS Softball team. One of the Best places to work...

Cons

None that I see. This is really a great place and the office is super nice...

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work...!!!

"Fake Reviews"

Pros

Its a place to call a job.

Cons

You will be lied to about your pay and earning potential.

Advice to Management

Pay people what you say.