Velocity Technology Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Velocity Technology Solutions President and CEO Keith Angell
Keith Angell

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Historically terrible work/life balance (in 7 reviews)

• The company has grown exponentially since it was founded a little over 10 years ago, and there have been growing pains along the way (in 5 reviews)

1. "Good company to work for with good benefits"

I have been working at Velocity Technology Solutions full-time

Pros

Good job fit for my skills, company-provided training, helpful co-workers

Cons

vague or little direction from management

2. "Horrible work/life environment"

I worked at Velocity Technology Solutions full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good workers in US, however too much time focused on "training" India contingent.

Cons

Unrealistic expectations, with no training or career paths clearly defined. Everything is tied to the bottom line.

3. "Disorganized culture"

I worked at Velocity Technology Solutions full-time

Pros

Benefits were decent, salary was OK. Free snacks in the break room.

Cons

The organization is run by a management team that appears to be looking to cash in when they flip the company more than longterm goals. They don't seem to care about the employees. They have had some very costly mistakes in their hosting business (particularly in 2016) and ended up letting a bunch of people go. Very disjointed management and extreme lack of strategy. The best thing you can say about the HR staff there is that you never see them at all. My on-boarding experience there was the worst I have ever had. I had worked for organizations where HR was visible and tried to engage employees proactively. HR at Velocity hides and does nothing. There was petty backstabbing, gossip, etc. in the office.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to strategy. Be more hands-on. Be more sincere.

"The company is on the market, employees are on the chopping block"

I have been working at Velocity Technology Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very few pros at this point. If you are lucky enough to have a position that cannot be eliminated, and you are happy with your salary as it is, wait it out and hope you keep your job after the company sells.

Cons

They are trying to sell this company, the company must be profitable before it can be sold. This results in continual layoffs, poor raises if any, and overworked employees who are not suited for the roles they are forced into. money is being spent on temp. accountants crunching numbers so we APPEAR profitable.

Advice to Management

If you want to remain profitable, stop losing talent and stop losing customers. Treat your current customers as if you will serve them indefinitely, instead of thinking it will be someone else's problem to fix after the company sells. And how about winning some new customers. It's hard to do when you are losing talent.

"Great people, Great Customers; a few bumpy spots"

Pros

Good benefit (US based - not sure about EMEA and Pune); very focused on innovation; get to work with some extremely tenanted people; wonderful customers -- mostly.

Cons

There are still lingering integration issues associated with past acquisitions

Advice to Management

I'm extremely proud of our investments on the innovation side. They differentiate us in a crowded market. That said we need to focus more on the blocking-and-tackling. We need to fully resolve any outstanding integration issues. Customer satisfaction should always trump innovation.

"Good Culture, Committed Leadership"

Current Employee - Management in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Management in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Velocity Technology Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love the culture at Velocity. People are loyal, committed and willing to team to get things done and make the company successful. Leadership is transparent. I enjoy the people and style.

Cons

Velocity needs to embrace a strategy and growth plan and then apply laser focus.
    I would like to see leadership 'change before you have to'.

Advice to Management

Be more open to new ideas and new talent in the leadership ranks. In this day and age Diversity of Thought is paramount. We need more new ideas and alternative perspectives.

7. "analyst"

Current Employee - Analyst
    Current Employee - Analyst

I have been working at Velocity Technology Solutions full-time

Pros

Very transparent CEO, COO, EVPs, SVPs. Everybody will know what is going on and what is management doing to resolve the issues.

Cons

Salary and bonus levels lower.

"New CEO doing his best in a tough times"

Pros

Remote work encouraged, good salary and benefits.

Cons

I was spurred to write this after seeing a negative review from a former Pune employee - 5 years with Velocity and his good bye is to trash the company, thanks a lot! Folks in Pune should be grateful for the opportunity, not complain. What was he or she expecting, a green card and promotion to be a manager in the USA ?
    From what I've heard the culture in India for many is to learn as much as you can and jump to a new company after a year or two and get a higher salary - that is why I am opposed to the offshore model as in the long run you won't keep good people. In my dealings with the group in Pune they will ask me a question if they need something and then disappear, no thank you, nothing, once they have what they need.

Advice to Management

Try to build up the US staff rather than new hires in Pune - we can train college graduates here many people are out of work and willing to learn!

"Beware the phony "5 star reviews""

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Pros

-Some very good people work here. Why, I am not sure. There are better opportunities out there, and I will be taking one of those soon.

-Base compensation is good, though bonuses are laughable

-Offshore team in Pune has become very strong

Cons

-"Work/life balance" is a myth. 70-80 hour weeks are standard.

-Good people leave and are not replaced. "2 for 1" policy implemented by CEO. Meaning you only get 1 replacement for every 2 people that leave. "Great" for morale!

-Management seems unsympathetic to staffing woes and the people impacted. I have raised my concerns repeatedly over the last 6 months, and get little/no response.

-Bills are slow to be paid, which impacts support from some vendors. Very concerning, since much of the Infrastructure is old and/or failing.

-"Good ol' boy" culture still very prevalent. Those people are rewarded based on no merit, while others who are doing exceptional work are overlooked and/or taken for granted.

-Executive Management out of touch with workforce.

-Loyalty is an unknown concept here.

Advice to Management

Enjoy riding this Titanic to the icy depths. Cutting costs is obviously a necessary evil, but you are cutting them in all the wrong places. PEOPLE are what make the company. When you cease to care about the people, you cease to care about the company.

“There is nothing so useless as doing efficiently that which should not be done at all.”
    - Peter F. Drucker

Nemo surdior est quam is qui non audiet

"If you are considering Velocity, STOP NOW"

Pros

The company has a few, very few, good employees. That is the only positive.

Cons

The turn over is outrageous and they continue to lose customers. The Sr. Mgmt team continues to change the direction of the company and structure.