Vena Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Don Mal

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Sales"

I have been working at Vena Solutions full-time

Pros

Good, solid product that leverages Microsoft Excel better than any of the competition. The culture is also fantastic

Cons

Market presence. Many prospective customers have not heard of us.

Advice to Management

Invest more in marketing

Jun 16, 2017 – Chief People Person

Thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback. We agree with you that we could be doing more to enhance our market presence. We're planning to make this a focus area in the back half of... More

2. "Great Culture and a Great Place to work"

I have been working at Vena Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

* Management Cares for their employees
    * Ability to Grow
    * Fun events throughout the year
    * Good benefits

Cons

* Most work requires travel though you do get to work remotely at least 50% of the time.
    * Experiencing some growing pains of a fast growing company - though new management structure seems to be resolving many of the growing pains

Advice to Management

Keep looking for ways to improve morale and provide a great culture around learning and career growth.

Keep showing that you care for your employees by continuing to be approachable and willing to listen, That is one of the things that makes Vena a great place to work.

Jun 16, 2017 – Chief People Person

Thanks for your feedback! Awesome to hear that you're enjoying your time on the team more than 3 years in. If you have any additional suggestions for us on how to continue to enhance our culture... More

"Senior Consultant"

Pros

PS at Vena is a great place to begin your career but keep your time here minimal.
    Fantastic opportunity to work with high-level execs, and run projects yourself.
    Exceptional sales team, you will always have work.
    Top notch office, right in Liberty. There are showers!
    Fantastic employees below management, Vena's great at hiring. I've never had such a sense of comradery.
    Half of the SMs in PS are terrific managers. Great people that you will learn a tonne from. Maybe mentors for life.
    No dress code.

Cons

Terrible environment; you're constantly being pressured to bill more at the expense of your personal life and client success. The targets are excessive even by consulting standards.
    Half of the SMs are horrific. They never meet you on anything and do not expect any guidance. They do contact you on billable targets or if your project has been escalated.
    There is no roadmap for your career growth and zero recognition on your performance and capabilities.
    Morale has become horrible since a jump in turnover. Management has started managing retention through fear, instead of improving the culture.
    Much of management lacks actual leadership, with very little care of anything other than company revenue.
    Tonnes of terrible sales, that are positioned for implementation failure. (Terrible contingencies, significant discounts in service hours, etc.)

May 2, 2017 – Chief Customer Officer

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to provide feedback to us. I can say that, within our Leadership team and across our organization, our priority and responsibility is to provide an... More

4. "Challenging and rewarding. Given a lot responsibility at a young age with a company willing to give you a shot."

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in Denver, CO

Pros

Fast growing, amazing, collaborative environment. Challenging roles that make great use of young talent. Very accepting of modern technology for specific job roles.

Cons

Management tends to be very hands off for the most part, which is understandable due to the start up nature of the company.

Advice to Management

Now at this time

May 11, 2017 – Chief People Person

Thanks for your feedback. We're so glad to hear you've had a positive experience on our sales team! If you have any additional feedback don't hesitate to connect with me directly. - Tracey... More

"Eh!?! Typical Canadian culture"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Toronto, OH
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Toronto, OH

I have been working at Vena Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Interesting compilation of existing technologies in the marketplace. They say Eh a lot! Granola bars and coffee in office :-)

Cons

Either you are in the clique, or out....but no managers will stand up for your work product, as they don't want to be considered an outsider. Not as easy to use unless you know Mongo

Advice to Management

Ditch the cronyism

6. "Vena Solutions - Sales"

Current Employee - Sales in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Vena Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing culture, amazing team. Everyone is willing to help in a competitive environment where we celebrate the wins together. Tons of opportunity to grow in this environment, regardless of your experience.

Cons

As the company grows at an extraordinary pace, the growing pains come along with it. The processes and structure are slowly coming into place. The training is not finalized but definitely working it's way there. Where the onboarding lacks, the on-the-job learning and coaching from peers allows you to still perform and grow and learn.

Advice to Management

Set realistic expectations of the growing pains and what it takes to succeed. The grit and grind are definitely required.

7. "Regional Sales Manager"

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Vena Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Vena's been a great place for me to grow my career and my life. I've met lifelong friends here and had the opportunity to grow my career exactly as I saw fit. I love the culture here, and that was the primary reason for me joining Vena and the reason that I continue to stay here. Management has always been approachable, non-judgemental, and always there to help me, from helping me with strategy on deals to giving me that extra day off when I've dealt with some personal issues. This is not to say that we don't work hard or get the pressure put on us from time to time to hit our numbers, but I'm yet to find a sales role where that isn't the case. Vena has seen some amazing growth which has come with opportunities for all employees to advance their careers for those that take the initiative to do so. I was referred to this company by a good friend, and have referred my own friends who have found rewarding careers here.

Cons

With growth comes growing pains, and if you're not comfortable in a pretty fast-paced environment where you may have to figure things out on your own from time to time, than this likely isn't the place for you. It is a larger company now with about 200 employees, but it still operates in some ways as a start up. So if you're expecting to have your hand held at every turn, it may be a bit of a stressful environment for you.

Advice to Management

They've made a real effort over the last few years to be as transparent as possible and to welcome feedback in an anonymous way if needed, so keep that up. Perhaps making us more aware of any internal job postings.

"Don't believe the hype"

I have been working at Vena Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some very bright people work here and have the company's best interest at heart. Company has figured out how to resell their Excel addon product which many customers see little value.

Cons

I find that over the last two years, things have gotten worse. Our CEO spends an unbalanced amount of time, focusing on every little detail of a deal. He also can be very condescending to us. We had our quarterly event at his golf club, where he reminded us again of how great his life is. I find he can be very helpful to those Sales people that he chooses to be. Now we have our CRO promoted to COO, and he has been here less than a year. He tries to help us with sales deals, but he can be so awkward in front of customers. I think he means well, but this new role has him controlling too many departments to be effective. I feel bad writing this, b/c I do like the people on my team, but it feels like my manager is also too controlling, just like the C level.

Advice to Management

There is too much change going on. It's one thing to work in a fast paced company, but we can't even deliver on the deals that we have sold. Also there is not much communication between departments and it feels very siloed. Finally, can we put up some glass or something to silence the ping pong games, which seem to go on all day. It's a workplace, not the CNE.

"Founders are dysfunctional"

I have been working at Vena Solutions full-time

Pros

Everyone is young with little work expereince to compare their Vena Expereince against.

Cons

CEO is a sales guy not a business leader but likes to be CEO. Too many people related to him. CTO - the other founder is socially inept. Likes to think he's the people/employee guy. Completely obsessed with being in Liberty Village mistaking a cool location (KIng west is brutal but he didn;t want to hear it) and nice digs for being an advanced company. There's another founder that we're not sure what he does not but he basically invented the software. The place is successful because it is a good product that sells itself. There's a guy overseas not sure what he gets paid too much to do. He knows where the skeletons are buried because he helped bury a bunch of them so can't let him go.

Advice to Management

Whoever is on the Board and investors should get some real leadership in for exponential growth.

Sep 14, 2017 – Chief People Person

Thank you for your review. Our founders and all of our Vena employees including yourself, have contributed to Vena becoming the fastest growing CPM vendor, with the highest ranking customer... More

10. "Great Company & Product"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Vena Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Overall, Vena is the best company to learn, be challenged and grow your career. I have been with the company since Oct 2016 and have already experienced movement in to a more challenging role.
    The leadership are not only brilliant, but they are personable and helpful. They are always willing to help out anywhere they can. Vena's product is incredible, it is easy to sell a product that will help finance professionals and that is understood by our prospects. All in all, the company, the culture and the product are top tier in my opinion.

Cons

Sometimes we experience some echoing in the new the office, but I know that they are working on paneling to remedy the problem.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! I love that we have our new CPP that we can turn to if we have any concerns ever arise.

Sep 12, 2017 – Chief People Person

We appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback about your experience thus far at Vena. As you probably already know, we've added in some additional acoustic paneling in some of our... More