- Arts & Design
- Customer Services & Support
- Finance & Accounting
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Media & Communications
- Military & Protective Services
- Product & Project Management
- Research & Science
- Retail & Food Services
- Skilled Labor & Manufacturing
- Current Employees
- Chile - All Cities
- - Biobío
- - Talcahuano, Chile Area
- - Los Ángeles, Biobío
- United States - All Cities
- - District of Columbia
- - Washington, DC Area
- - Washington, DC
- - Tysons Corner, VA
- - Fairfax, VA
- - Silver Spring, MD
- - Maryland
- - Baltimore, MD Area
- - Baltimore, MD
- - Timonium, MD
- - Towson, MD
- - Columbia, MD
- - Virginia
- - California
- - Los Angeles, CA Area
- - Century City, CA
- - Los Angeles, CA
- - San Francisco, CA Area
- - San Francisco, CA
- - New York State
- - New York City, NY Area
- - New York, NY
- - Wisconsin
Found 134 of over 138 reviews
- COVID-19 Related
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- Most Recent
- Oldest First
Any paralegals, legal assistants, or other staff here work at Venable, specifically the IP Department? Would love your take on firm culture, how paralegals/staff fit in there (a team atmosphere vs the more typical big law attorney/staff stratification, for example), does work/life balance exist (hey, it’s good to have dreams!), are they actually supportive of remote working? Looking at a remote staff position, based in San Fransisco office.
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
- "Management seems disorganized, naiive and without vision." (in 7 reviews)
- "Long hours; not enough staff" (in 5 reviews)
- "Managers do nothing to keep their best employees." (in 4 reviews)
- "Specific individuals contribute to a highly abusive work environment, and leadership does very little to curb the behavior." (in 3 reviews)
- "Many of the attorneys like to pretend the support staff doesn't exist, like an Indian caste system." (in 3 reviews)
- Former Employee★★★★★Featured ReviewJan 14, 2022 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Wonderful work environment, friendly people
I was commuting at the time, it was rather long
- Current Employee★★★★★Oct 14, 2022 - Legal SecretaryRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Great firm, love the people.
No cons come to mind
- Former Employee★★★★★Oct 20, 2022 - Staff AttorneyRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Professional colleagues and friendly environment
Can go weeks without speaking to another person even in the office. People are slotted into roles and kept there
- Current Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Oct 4, 2022 - Desktop Support Engineer in Chicago, WIRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Great management, good pay, also room to grow.
Not much volume, office is still growing, so there is a lot of free time.
- Former Employee★★★★★Sep 28, 2022 - Human Resources Generalist in New York, NYRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Venable is one of the few firms that has an amazing workplace culture from the partners down to the business personnel staff. Definitely a "work hard, play hard" atmosphere.
Work load can be overwhelming, but nothing anyone can't handle.
- Current Employee★★★★★Sep 27, 2022 - AssociateRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
People, market recognition, and clients
Leanly staffed cases, limited perks
- Current Employee, more than 10 years★★★★★Aug 25, 2022 - Patent Docketing Specialist in New York, NYRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Venable doesn't micromanage your work. Competitive benefits package.
Venable is afraid to address employees who slack.Continue reading
- Current Employee★★★★★Aug 24, 2022 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Good work/life balance, and VERY kind and understanding attorneys. A great team to work with and overall just very nice people.
I think the head decision makers on the east coast should do a better job of making the staff feel more appreciated / heard during times such as COVID, but that isnt the fault of anyone that works in the SF office or our managers.
- Former Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Sep 1, 2022 - LAA in Los Angeles, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Most co-workers have each other's back. If you have a decent attorney, it can be a good place.
The worst supervisor I've ever encountered.Continue reading
- Former Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Jul 28, 2022 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
This is the best place I have ever worked, the culture is amazing and everyone is so kind.
No advice at all, I really loved working here and had to leave because I moved out of the area.Continue reading
Venable LLP Reviews FAQs
Venable LLP has an overall rating of 4.4 out of 5, based on over 138 reviews left anonymously by employees. 95% of employees would recommend working at Venable LLP to a friend and 87% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.
95% of Venable LLP employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Venable LLP 4.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.5 for culture and values and 4.2 for career opportunities.