Venables Bell & Partners Assistant Account Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

Venables Bell & Partners Assistant Account Manager Reviews

Assistant Account Manager

3.5
Paul Venables

1. "Great people and culture, tough work life balance and low salaries"

Current Employee - Assistant Account Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Venables Bell & Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love the people at VBP - it's an environment where if you're a jerk you stand out pretty quickly. The creative teams do great work, producers get stuff done and account/strategy work closely with each other and all other departments.

Cons

The agency pays significantly less than other agencies, high-level management do not take the time to get to know the more junior staffers. That can make it easy to feel like a small fish lost in a big pond. I've seen many people leave from burnout - people are often given more than they can humanly manage and this shows.

Advice to Management

Put time into getting to know all of your staff because if the person at the top knows your name and a bit about you, that breeds loyalty and makes people feel valued.

"VBP is a great agency for hands-on learning experience, but expect to work more for less pay."

Current Employee - Assistant Account Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Venables Bell & Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

On top off vacation time and personal days, VBP give all employees Christmas through New Years off. Prepare to gain great exposure to the various aspects of the ad world, but pay attention and take notes--no one will spell it out for you later.

Everyone loves the free pizza Fridays and half day Fridays throughout the summer!

Cons

There is a very obvious divide between those who have been there for a while (years) and those just joining the agency--and within that divide the culture becomes cliquey. I had been at VBP for a couple of months and had someone who had been there two years tell me that they don't bother getting to know new people anymore because they don't expect you to stay. If you are shy person, good luck. Prepare to become a jack of all trades--VBP is very understaffed. Much of the reason I was attracted to VBP was because of the boisterous, creative, friendly, and family-like culture that HR had sold me on, but I haven't really felt like I've really been a part of that here.

Advice to Management

There is more to being a leader than just telling people what to do. Take an active role in EVERYONE's development. Some of us don't like the lime-light and being the center of attention, but are no less important.