Vendavo Reviews | Glassdoor

3.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Vendavo President and Chief Executive Officer Bruno Slosse
Bruno Slosse

Pros
  • Great energy, team work, opportunity for growth, a lot of autonomy, work life balance and you can bring your dog to work (in 6 reviews)

• If you come from the pricing space and want to make a difference for a larger set of companies, Vendavo could be a place for you to make your mark (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • Very limited communication within department - new bosses - very little communication about who one reports to, no updated or new job descriptions (in 2 reviews)

1. "Best Place I've Ever Worked. Excited for the Future."

Current Employee - Business Consultant in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Business Consultant in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Vendavo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Vendavo is a collaborative, well recognized company in the CPQ space that drives huge value to its Fortune 1000 customers. Bruno's vision and commitment to our product & customers is inspiring. My peers who share in that vision are the reason I stay.

Cons

Whether you're working in engineering, sales, marketing, etc, you need to need to be wicked smart and hardworking to fit into the culture here. If that sounds like you, you will find champions and a collaborative environment worth fighting for. If not, you're probably going to struggle.

Advice to Management

While the ship is turning -- and you can see it some truly top notch product and customer focused departments -- don't forget that you need to grow the base of people who can hit the accelerator. Education, enablement, knowledge transfer, career paths are needed so we have the pool and pipeline of people ready to be successful both today and in 5-10 years.

2. "Great company 5 stars"

Former Employee - Customer Succes Director in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Customer Succes Director in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Vendavo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Awesome work environment. Great communication with all levels of employees. Salaries are very competitive and benefits package is great for a company this size. The current CEO has great vision and the ability to execute on that vision. Solid player in their very niche market. It is all hands on deck at all times, everyone jumps in to help the customers and team mates. Vendavo truly is a relationship company, not a transactional company. I highly recommend Vendavo for employment.

Cons

Vendavo needs to hire additional resources. They should take their time when hiring to make sure the experience and qualifications of candidates match closely with the culture.

Advice to Management

Over interview potential candidates and get buy in from multiple levels of the team.

3. "SAP HANA / FICO Consultant"

Current Employee - SAP HANA in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - SAP HANA in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Vendavo (More than a year)

Pros

A dynamic company full of talented resources

Cons

The company should focus more on use of SAP HANA database for its Add-On products.

"Software Engineer"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Pros

There are some good talents in engineering and that's perhaps the best quality of this company. People are okay but this is definitely not a place for growth. You can have a job here, not a career.

Cons

Product management is incompetent from top down to the bottom. The company does not invest in its people. This place is pretty much an engineering sweat shop as management's primary concern is to get the most out of its people at minimal salary. Talent outsource is the perfect remedy.

Advice to Management

Management lacks class. That's pitiful.

6. "Solution Architecture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Vendavo full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great company with lots of opportunities

Cons

Frequent management changes followed by changes to strategies and vision

"Senior OM Specialist"

Former Employee - Senior Specialist in Mountain View, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Specialist in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Vendavo full-time

Pros

Salary for this level is higher comparing to other companies. Flexible hours

Cons

Fast paced. Stressful. High headcounts turnover

"You can do a lot better in the Bay Area"

Current Employee - Consultant in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Consultant in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Vendavo full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The market and opportunity to create value for customers is very large. Pockets of talented people.

Cons

Product Quality is severely lacking. Very tough market to build a one stop solution requires a highly customizable solution which is very expensive to implement. Long sales cycles. Little to no long term incentives to employees. Compared to most private companies very hard to figure out the upside. Very high turnover at the Executive level and throughout the company. not much stability. Product innovation is severaly lacking.....basically the same architecture for many many years. Knowing what I know now, this is not really a place i would recommend to any new job seekers.

Advice to Management

Figure out how you plan to attract and retain top talent because what is in place now is not competitive at all when compared to other bay area companies. Innovate and take significant steps to improve the product both from quality and tco perspectives.

"Company Growing and Developing into"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Vendavo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

In the 2 years that I have worked at Vendavo, I have seen a true evolution of the organization. The changes that have been made have improved the culture, product, and future of Vendavo. When I joined, I was told that the company would become more disciplined, transparent, and collaborative. All of which I have seen come true.

Cons

The company has gone through a lot of change. With this journey, the organization is working hard to find its new culture.

Advice to Management

Continue to be transparent and listen to employees.

"Decent company, lacks vision to safe guard its position in the market"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I worked at Vendavo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pretty respected in the niche market that it operates in. Marquee clients who are loyal. Work-life balance is good.

Cons

There isn't extra thrust to expand the market. All departments are defensive in their turf but not necessarily thinking of long term future, prof services want to keep customization as a way to keep their hold, engineering wants to hold on to what they have from yesteryears. Company became more defensive after PE take over.

Advice to Management

Allow new thinking to come in, let the old beliefs be challenged.

"I didn't like working for Vendavo at all, left after 6 months"

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Mountain View, CA
    Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Vendavo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It is a small company so you can get experience in performing a lot of different functions. If you're interested in learning, it is a good place to do it because there is a lot of work to be done and not a lot of talent to do it. I did have some fun while it lasted, but I am much happier now than before... The best thing I can say about the team I worked on is that they are...enthusiastic...

Cons

The marketing team I worked on was very dysfunctional and management was either unaware or unable to fix the problem. Team members did not get along, and people were assigned to jobs they were not very good at which caused a lot of finger pointing and negative results. A lot of ego for such a mediocre set of employees, and very unprofessional/amateur at times. The first few months were okay, but once the worst team members showed their true selves it was pretty much the worst work environment to be in. On top of all that, productivity coming out of the team was almost laughable. Strong leadership could have maybe fixed the problem, but in reality the team dynamic was toxic. And even if the personalities had not been the problem, the skill sets were below par for the jobs that needed to be done. So that is a perfect disaster and is why I give such a negative review.

Advice to Management

Define what Vendavo is before allocating resources to the problem Vendavo aims to solve, rather than hiring resources and allowing them to define what Vendavo is, what problems it is trying to solve, and how it's going to solve it. If I were in charge, I would have to reassess skill sets and either reallocate them appropriately, or replace staff with a better mix of abilities.