Venquis Reviews | Glassdoor

4.4
Barnaby Parker

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Team Leader"

Current Employee - Team Leader in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Team Leader in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Venquis full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Organic Growth - good at spotting talent and growing internally

Strong future Vision - every member of the company is aware of the companies vision and updated on any changes

Open door policy with management- flat hierarchy and approachable

Training and Development - strong 13 week academy training followed by continuous training sessions to develop further

Cons

As with any recruitment role you are rewarded for what you put in so there is a hardworking culture and longer hours but you are very well rewarded for this!

Advice to Management

Continue the culture and rewarding us for what we do! I have Venquis a breath of fresh air in recruitment and look forward to being a part of the future vision.

"Good company..."

I have been working at Venquis (More than a year)

Pros

Customer Focused - Making sure that the client is treated well
    Ambitious workforce and leadership team - growth mentality
    Good commission scheme
    Company holiday for all employees is a great touch.

Cons

None really - a big part of the roles at Venquis is sales - will not suit all.

Advice to Management

Keep the ambitious growth plans and focus on hiring great people :-)

"Excellent 13 Week Training Programme"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Venquis full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Joined the company with no recruitment experience and after completing the training programme and graduating from the Venquis academy, I am looking forward to starting my career with the company
    - Excellent training sessions ran by Danielle, I learnt alot in a short amount of time
    - Was able to have classroom sessions and learn on the job as well
    - Support is always there when or if you need it

Cons

Have no cons to report

"Not really what I expected"

Current Employee - Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Venquis full-time (More than a year)

Pros

New office refurb recently, specialist in my market and good socially

Cons

Recent restructure doesn't seem to be working, inconsistent commission structure and top consultants have all left in the last 12 months. Company vision not clear to it's employees

Advice to Management

Although there is a fairly good company culture and the brand is recongnised in the market, to attract and retain the best people management need to make sure they are listening to us and paying people who are delivering

Oct 11, 2017 – Head of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your review, please note that we have an open door policy here at Venquis so if there is anything that you would like to discuss confidentially, we would be happy to speak to you about... More

"Growing fast"

Current Employee - Sales Leader in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Sales Leader in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Venquis full-time

Pros

Love coming to work. Commission scheme is v good. Laptops, remote working, company holiday, all great benefits.

Cons

It is long hours and expectations to always improve can be tough BUT that is what i hoped it would be like when i joined.

Advice to Management

As business gets bigger continue to make it fun place to work.

"***Be very careful.....***"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England (UK)

Pros

- company annual trip, you even go if you don't hit target
    - good brand/marketing
    - good client base

Cons

- no set progression/long term development plan
    - every team works differently
    - 9 experienced sales staff including 3 managers left in the last 6 months (25% of whole company)
    - most inspiring leaders have left due to poor TL commission structure and long term opportunities
    - CEO/MD vision not clear to everyone in the company...
    - Conmission/Pay/Splits confusing and changes often by the MD

Advice to Management

- stop being arrogant and realise that most of the best staff have left recently and what there reasons were... Things need to drastically change internally and that starts with MD, CEO and Director acknowledging where things have gone wrong NOT acting like key inspiring individuals have just dropped off the planet. All you do is lose credibility for yourselves and people won't want to stay

Jun 5, 2017 – CEO

Thanks for taking the time to write your review and for the advice.
    We're all glad to hear that you enjoyed the company trips away and wish you the best of luck for the future.
    PS Please don't... More

"Genuinely amazing business who invest in their people in a market where plenty don't"

Former Employee - Manager Insurance Contract in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Manager Insurance Contract in London, England (UK)

I worked at Venquis full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I recently left Venquis having spent 4.5 amazing years working with the business! I started there as a Consultant in 2012 with 1.5 yrs experience in Australia thinking I knew what recruitment was all about! Little did I know that I had just joined a small team of outstanding practitioners with a vision of global growth and expansion!

Over my time I was promoted almost every year, supported by my manager and directors, had some great friends and earned more money than I ever thought possible!

The one stand out aspect about Venquis I would like to share is the purely entrepreneurial spirit... In all my time there i was NEVER told 'no' to an idea and was encouraged to write business plans, support my ideas and RUN WITH THEM!

When I left to set up my own business, I was given a handshake and told that if I ever need support then it is there (this was from the owners and the whole team of consultants too)

Cons

As any business grows it is 100% certain that people will come and go and not everyone is happy all of the time! It is a real shame that some people have written poor reviews however I think it is fair to say that none of these people had the right attitude needed to compete with a company built on a high performance culture!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and you will know doubt achieve the vision to be the worlds #1 in Business Transformation.

Apr 25, 2017 – CEO

Thank you for all your hard work and effort over the years. You have played a massive part in the Venquis success story so far and also left plenty in the tank for the next person.
    Everyone here... More

"Team Leader"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I worked at Venquis full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I joined VQ 2.5 years ago and was provided with a unique opportunity to build and grow a new division from the very beginning. If you're looking for a company that allows you to be creative, ambitious and in control of your own career path, then VQ is the company for you. I was given a great platform to build a great team and was lucky enough to have great support along the way. A balance of competitive and talented consultants with a sharp and knowledgable Board. I left to start my own journey, but very aware that this wouldn't have been a possibility without my time here.

Cons

As the previous review mentions 'This is recruitment, you need to be able to put in the hard work to get the rewards, like everywhere else! there is no entitlement to success...but the rewards & environment are great here' - Couldn't agree more!

Advice to Management

Keep driving your vision forwards!

Apr 25, 2017 – CEO

Thank you for the excellent (and honest!) review. We have no doubt that you will continue to be successful in the new direction you have chosen and wish you the very best of luck. Keep in touch!

"Reviews are about helping others make decisions about companies..."

I have been working at Venquis full-time

Pros

Reviews are about helping others make decisions about jobs and companies not a platform for lies or a tool for personal vendetta.

I don't usually write reviews, but in light of the recent negative ones I've read about Venquis, I've decided to share my experience.

To those genuinely interested in knowing more about Venquis, I have been working here for the last few years. Venquis offers a platform for success for anyone with the right Will, Attitude and Mindset!

In the past years, I have watched consultants, both with or without experience, joining and making the most out of the opportunity, having a real impact on the business as well as their personal career & earnings. It doesn't matter how long you've been here, everyone have the same opportunity, it's all about who wants it the most.

The CEO & MD are very much involved & hands on unlike other businesses I know of. They do care about people & have a strong vision for the business and a growth plan in place which means plenty of opportunities are available in sales, Management, setting up & owning new areas from scratch...

Having worked for different companies in the past, my criteria to benchmark an employer are:

- The company (Vision, growth plans, culture, Leadership, people)
    - The opportunity (clients, reputation)
    - Potential earnings / commission scheme
    - Clear career paths
    - Success stories
    - Fun

So far, Venquis have been ticking all the boxes for me !

Cons

Advice to Management

We are on a Journey, some will make it and some others won't...focus on the ones (good majority) who believe in our Vision & Hire People who share our values and are looking to be part of our success

"1st class development opportunities"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Munich, Bayern (Germany)
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Munich, Bayern (Germany)

I have been working at Venquis full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Strong investment in employees
    - international development opportunities
    - training
    - commission scheme
    - no hire & fire culture

Cons

Still trying to find one...

Advice to Management

1st class