Venquis Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated February 13, 2019

4.3
Steve Garner

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Venquis offer all new joiners a 13-week training academy where you are taught how to recruit properly, both candidate and client side" (in 9 reviews)

• "What attracted me to the company was the 13 week training conducted by an industry expert" (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "It is long hours and expectations to always improve can be tough BUT that is what i hoped it would be like when i joined" (in 4 reviews)

• "There are no cons as of yet, I am really enjoying it" (in 3 reviews)

1. "A great place to launch your career!"

I have been working at Venquis full-time

Pros

This company has by far the best working atmosphere I've experienced to date in my career & there is a real sense that tangible achievements will result from your efforts.

Cons

As a company grows it experiences the usual 'growing pains' so sometimes processes are not slick as they might otherwise be, but this can be expected of any company of this size and age so doesn't take away from the overall positives in any meaningful way

Feb 25, 2019 – Head of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time out to review your journey with us so far. It's great to hear our culture is the right fit for you and that you feel your targets are attainable through your own hard... More

2. "Plenty of opportunities.... grab them."

Current Employee - Support Team in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Support Team in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Venquis full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Hard work and originality are rewarded and recognised.... it's what was promised when I interviewed to join the business in 2018, and has definitely been the case - I was promoted after 7 months. We all join businesses for different reasons, mine is always to make a genuine difference.. it's what makes me proud... and at Venquis you have the autonomy and platform to do things better. I think the environment suits dynamic, self-starters, who want to take their career into their own hands. Annual company trips (this year to Lisbon), sports day, free yoga, boxing, personal training and loads of other fun stuff are regularly organised which keep us all happy and healthy.

Cons

Venquis turns 8 years old this month - which makes us a young, agile, dynamic business, but we are still evolving and working on tightening up internal processes and procedures for example.

Advice to Management

Continue to challenge the norm - it's an exciting journey!

Feb 25, 2019 – Head of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to review us and your journey so far. Congratulations on your promotion! It's great to hear that in the true Venquis spirit you are here to make a difference and help... More

"Career building"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Venquis full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Having been recently promoted i'm very excited about the next stage of my career. Got loads to learn but lots of support available to help me be successful.

Cons

Fast growth expectations means hardwork and constant improvement. Not right for everyone but i love all the challenges and responsibilities.

Advice to Management

Internal comms could be better, can we get a VQ newsletter?

Feb 6, 2019

Thanks for taking the time to review, great to hear you're enjoying your career with us. I agree about the internal comms, we need to improve this. VQ newsletter is a great idea - watch this space!... More

4. "Amazing progression"

Current Employee - Team Leader in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Team Leader in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Venquis full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- From having no recruitment experience and coming straight out of uni, I couldn't have landed at a better company. Venquis offer all new joiners a 13-week training academy where you are taught how to recruit properly, both candidate and client side.
    - Clear criteria for progression / promotion. With only 2 1/2 years' experience, I am now trusted to manage a team.
    - Excellent commission structure - you have the opportunity to earn an unlimited amount of money, something none of my friends coming out of uni had the option of doing in their jobs. I've been able to save for a flat deposit because of this, and so have others in the company!
    - Great culture - monthly/quarterly incentives, annual company trip (whole company goes).
    - Open door policy when it comes to senior leadership team.
    - Excellent client base - working with some of the biggest companies across financial services, insurance and retail.
    - Internal moves are encouraged and progression is there for whoever wants it.

Cons

- Long working day
    - Technology / Laptops slow to be updated, equipment a bit outdated.

Advice to Management

Maintain the expansion plans and keep driving towards the goal.
    Invest in new laptops for the whole business.
    Encourage work from home.

Feb 25, 2019 – Head of Talent Acquisition

Your feedback is greatly appreciated, thanks for taking the time out to let us know your thoughts.

We're always proud to take our Academy from Trainee's to Leaders and it's good to hear we've... More

5. "A great journey so far...love it!"

I have been working at Venquis full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people are really great, everyone gets along well, we have loads of fun and I think clients/ candidates really benefit from the culture. A few misfits have recently left the business giving the sales floor a positive boost and allowing us to get on with the plan/ vision (which makes perfect sense to me)
    Training and support is exceptional- everyone really wants you to succeed.
    The commission scheme is THE BEST I’m surprised it’s not talked about more in the industry.
    I’m excited about my Venquis future as there are people doing amazing things here and I’m sure I can too.
    If you’re reading this because you’re thinking about joining, do!!

Cons

It’s a tough industry (but I’d much rather be at Venquis than anywhere else!). I actually find it really rewarding.

Advice to Management

Venquis is really going places!

Feb 25, 2019 – Head of Talent Acquisition

Thanks for taking the time out to review your journey with us so far, it's great to hear you've embraced our culture and benefited from our market leading commission and share scheme! I don't know... More

6. "From Trainee Consultant to 1 million pound biller..."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Venquis full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Joined Venquis as a trainee consultant and with a clear development plan I have been promoted to Team Leader and now manage a small team
    - Incentivised not only as a billing Team Leader but also on helping my own team to progress and grow
    - Opportunities to work from our other offices in Bristol and Munich (which has included an annual trip to Oktoberfest!!)
    - Open door policy with leadership
    - Offers a professional platform with a fun culture whether you’re looking for a 180 or 360 role in recruitment
    - Good environment and teamwork especially through recent changes with the new organisational structure

Cons

- Could offer more training courses for up and coming/future leaders within the business

Advice to Management

- Looking forward to hearing more about the Global expansion plans

Feb 25, 2019 – Head of Talent Acquisition

Thanks for taking the time out to review your journey to date and congratulations on joining our £1,000,000 club!

We will be launching new global offices over the next few years and we are... More

7. "Driving The Industry"

Current Employee - Regional Manager in Bristol, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Regional Manager in Bristol, England (UK)

I have been working at Venquis full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been hugely impressed by Venquis as a company since I joined last year to open their South West Regional office. This company is at the forefront of advances in recruitment from a technology perspective but maintains the personal values and morals which can be somewhat lost within the industry in 2019. The support I have had from Steve Garner and our London Headquarters has been exceptional. They have given me the opportunity to grow a fantastic business in the South West reflecting the vibrant culture we have in London, whilst giving me the freedom to adapt the business accordingly to support our clients in the South West. If you are looking for a company that sees potential and is focused on growing talent from its consultants, than look no further than Venquis!

Cons

I really cannot fault anything about Venquis' approach. This is an ambitious company which has the right tools and the right people to convert these ideas into reality.

Feb 25, 2019 – Head of Talent Acquisition

Your feedback is greatly appreciated and it's great to see our regional offices going from strength to strength.

Our flat structure and agile business allows us to develop as our client base... More

8. "Couldn't have asked for a better start to my professional career!"

Former Employee - Marketing Assistant in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Marketing Assistant in London, England (UK)

I worked at Venquis full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have worked at Venquis for nearly 3 years and one of the things that I have appreciated the most is the culture. Venquis has worked hard to build a great internal brand and strong culture. The company has a flat structure, which means the environment is very open and honest. Operations and Sales work very closely together meaning that everyone is always offering help and support, enabling everyone to do their jobs to the best of their abilities.

The hard-working culture at Venquis means that not only are you rewarded throughout the year through various incentives and team nights out but an annual company weekend away is organised.

Cons

Sales consultants are encouraged to be out of the office meeting candidates and clients, so sometime the office can feel quiet.

Advice to Management

Top-level internal communication could definitely be improved.

Feb 25, 2019 – Head of Talent Acquisition

It's great to hear we've helped you spring-board your graduate career and we really appreciate you taking the time out to review our business.

We are proud to offer an annual company trip that... More

"Venquis Recruitment"

Current Employee - Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Venquis full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My journey so far at Venquis has been the most productive 6 months I’ve had in my career.

I had been advised by friends (who already have a career in recruitment) for a few years to join to the industry and finally made the jump.

I have a sales background and was already in a job but I was just cruising and probably quite bored, I was looking for a fast paced sales environment where I could learn quickly through extensive training and support, and that is exactly what I got.

From the day I joined the 13 week academy I have been supported every day and guided on how to progress. Even after passing the academy the training continues with the Sales Director, putting on hourly sessions teaching our consultants how to become better recruiters.

To anyone considering a career in recruit you need to have a good work ethic, but just as importantly you need to be trained and guided on how to get the most out of that hard work. You will find this a Venquis.

Pros:

Training
    Guidance
    Great Culture

Cons

The feeling of missing out on a placement

"Growing fast"

I have been working at Venquis full-time

Pros

- New structure of the business
    - Flexible working hours
    - Office dog

Cons

Nothing notable that I can think of.