Venquis Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated April 6, 2017

5.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Barnaby Parker

"Genuinely amazing business who invest in their people in a market where plenty don't"

Former Employee - Manager Insurance Contract in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Manager Insurance Contract in London, England (UK)

I worked at Venquis full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I recently left Venquis having spent 4.5 amazing years working with the business! I started there as a Consultant in 2012 with 1.5 yrs experience in Australia thinking I knew what recruitment was all about! Little did I know that I had just joined a small team of outstanding practitioners with a vision of global growth and expansion!

Over my time I was promoted almost every year, supported by my manager and directors, had some great friends and earned more money than I ever thought possible!

The one stand out aspect about Venquis I would like to share is the purely entrepreneurial spirit... In all my time there i was NEVER told 'no' to an idea and was encouraged to write business plans, support my ideas and RUN WITH THEM!

When I left to set up my own business, I was given a handshake and told that if I ever need support then it is there (this was from the owners and the whole team of consultants too)

Cons

As any business grows it is 100% certain that people will come and go and not everyone is happy all of the time! It is a real shame that some people have written poor reviews however I think it is fair to say that none of these people had the right attitude needed to compete with a company built on a high performance culture!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and you will know doubt achieve the vision to be the worlds #1 in Business Transformation.

Apr 25, 2017 – CEO

Thank you for all your hard work and effort over the years. You have played a massive part in the Venquis success story so far and also left plenty in the tank for the next person. Everyone here ... More

"Team Leader"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I worked at Venquis full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I joined VQ 2.5 years ago and was provided with a unique opportunity to build and grow a new division from the very beginning. If you're looking for a company that allows you to be creative, ambitious and in control of your own career path, then VQ is the company for you. I was given a great platform to build a great team and was lucky enough to have great support along the way. A balance of competitive and talented consultants with a sharp and knowledgable Board. I left to start my own journey, but very aware that this wouldn't have been a possibility without my time here.

Cons

As the previous review mentions 'This is recruitment, you need to be able to put in the hard work to get the rewards, like everywhere else! there is no entitlement to success...but the rewards & environment are great here' - Couldn't agree more!

Advice to Management

Keep driving your vision forwards!

Apr 25, 2017 – CEO

Thank you for the excellent (and honest!) review. We have no doubt that you will continue to be successful in the new direction you have chosen and wish you the very best of luck. Keep in touch!

3. "Reviews are about helping others make decisions about companies..."

I have been working at Venquis full-time

Pros

Reviews are about helping others make decisions about jobs and companies not a platform for lies or a tool for personal vendetta.

I don't usually write reviews, but in light of the recent negative ones I've read about Venquis, I've decided to share my experience.

To those genuinely interested in knowing more about Venquis, I have been working here for the last few years. Venquis offers a platform for success for anyone with the right Will, Attitude and Mindset!

In the past years, I have watched consultants, both with or without experience, joining and making the most out of the opportunity, having a real impact on the business as well as their personal career & earnings. It doesn't matter how long you've been here, everyone have the same opportunity, it's all about who wants it the most.

The CEO & MD are very much involved & hands on unlike other businesses I know of. They do care about people & have a strong vision for the business and a growth plan in place which means plenty of opportunities are available in sales, Management, setting up & owning new areas from scratch...

Having worked for different companies in the past, my criteria to benchmark an employer are:

- The company (Vision, growth plans, culture, Leadership, people)
    - The opportunity (clients, reputation)
    - Potential earnings / commission scheme
    - Clear career paths
    - Success stories
    - Fun

So far, Venquis have been ticking all the boxes for me !

Cons

Advice to Management

We are on a Journey, some will make it and some others won't...focus on the ones (good majority) who believe in our Vision & Hire People who share our values and are looking to be part of our success

5. "1st class development opportunities"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Munich, Bayern (Germany)
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Munich, Bayern (Germany)

I have been working at Venquis full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Strong investment in employees
    - international development opportunities
    - training
    - commission scheme
    - no hire & fire culture

Cons

Still trying to find one...

Advice to Management

1st class

6. "Brilliant dynamic firm!"

Current Employee - Advisor in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Advisor in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Venquis part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great training
    Visionary leadership
    Fantastic rewards for those who contribute to business
    Supportive environment
    Ethical standards that are rare in recruitment

Cons

A couple of individuals with negative mindsets who have thankfully left and probably wrote the negative review that stands out on Glassdoor. Not really any other cons to working here.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

"I love it"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Venquis full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Inspiring people, worthwhile vision and some awesome clients. Everyone works hard and is well rewarded.

Cons

Who wouldn't want a bit more money! In all seriousness I feel really well looked after at Venquis and i trust the management (how many companies take every single employee away for an all expenses paid weekend every year?)

Advice to Management

Ignore the negative reviews!

Feb 20, 2017 – CEO

Thanks for your positive review - we do welcome any suggestions that you have to keep improving everything we do.

8. "Great Place to work for"

Current Employee - Consultant in Munich, Bayern (Germany)
    Current Employee - Consultant in Munich, Bayern (Germany)

I have been working at Venquis full-time

Pros

iam glad i got the chance to work for Venquis. Coming from another Recruitment agency i learned what it means to be a recruiter here.
    Great, hardworking culture! Everybody is contributing to the big picture, Venquis as a company that is, and to earn money ofcourse. Everybody is on the same page and you can feel that every day you walk into the office.
    The academy, as one of the best on the market and a good commission sheme sealed the deal for me.

Cons

Working hours and a thought business environment!
    Totally worth if youre able to work on yourself .

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what youre doing! Its great and i love to be a part of it.

"Venquis Academy review"

Current Employee - Resoucer/Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Resoucer/Consultant in London, England (UK)

Pros

Great training and support
    Good culture and atmosphere
    Good career prospects if you work hard
    Good social aspect

Cons

Quite argumentative at times

10. "Great place to work - amazing incentives!"

Current Employee - Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Venquis full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Top training, amazing incentives, great culture, top clients, specialists in the field - a place for success!

Cons

long hours and hard work but totally worth it!!

"Great Company, Amazing Incentives, Positive Enviroment"

Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Venquis full-time

Pros

You are always supported, everyone is helpful and knowledgeable and the training programme is comprehensive.

Cons

We have grown very quickly