Venquis Reviews | Glassdoor

Venquis Reviews

Updated Oct 23, 2019

4.7
Venquis CEO Steve Garner (no image)
Steve Garner

"Growing fast"

I have been working at Venquis full-time

Pros

- New structure of the business - Flexible working hours - Office dog

Cons

Nothing notable that I can think of.

Venquis2019-01-23
  2. "Growing company"

I have been working at Venquis full-time

Pros

- I have been at Venquis for several years and although I’ve had a little bit of a rocky road with changing roles throughout my time here, I have always had support and training along the way. -If you have the will and the want to do well Venquis will help develop and support you in whatever role you want to do. -A real sense of teamwork and team effort at Venquis, probably more than ever due to recent... organisational changes but still keeping the good competitive nature recruitment needs. -Good incentives for top billers whether you are in delivery or 360, rewarding those who are at the top of their game wherever you sit in the business. -Constant training continues with your 121's each week with either your Team Leader or Sales Director, to really age any concerns you’ve had in the week but also go through what went well and how to maximise this for the following week. I started at venquis with no recruitment experience at all and highly recommend the company to someone who is looking for a career change or next step in development within recruitment.

Cons

If you are looking for everything to be given to you on a plate then Venquis is not the place for you. However if you are proactive and put yourself out there then Venquis has a great culture for growth and development and will provide whatever help/support/development/training you need to be successful.

Venquis2019-01-25

"excellent opportunities"

I have been working at Venquis full-time

Pros

Recent structure changes feel really positive and have given everyone a clear idea of the part they play in successfully growing the company. - I have felt challenged and supported throughout my journey at Venquis. - Good training opportunities - Good bunch of people that I enjoy working with - Clear commission structure

Cons

The hours can be demanding but what you put in, you get rewarded for

Advice to Management

Stick with the strategy, it feels like an exciting time to be at Venquis

Venquis2019-01-27

"Last Role"

Former Employee - Recruiter in London, England

I worked at Venquis full-time for less than a year

Pros

Seems like a lot of structure, you will come to find this is extremely false, very unfortunate being my first role as a Recruiter

Cons

Poor management Narcissistic environment which unfortunately encourages sexism and racism Bad comission structure also Personally would not recommend for a Recruiter looking to break the industry. I have moved to another Recruitment firm offering so much more for a trainee

Advice to Management

None. Good luck

Venquis2019-01-13
  5. "Unpleasant"

I have been working at Venquis

Pros

Social environment Incentives on a monthly basis

Cons

Poor management Expect 60hr weeks with no lunch breaks You're only supported when you're bringing in money

Venquis2018-12-20

"Absolute car crash of a company!"

Consultant

I worked at Venquis for less than a year

Pros

They have some good consultants. They usually don't take people from a recruitment background, probably so they won't ask questions and the company can get away with paying them peanuts.

Cons

- They are all over the place in terms of their structure They will sell you a role that does not exist in reality - They don't incentivise their delivery team - They pay terrible commission - The company has a forever changing structure with people leaving all the time - Your goals/targets will be changed on a regular basis - The Directors don't have a handle on what's going on from one day to the next If you are... good at your job and want to progress, don't bother with these guys. They are all over the show.

Advice to Management

You need some structure, measurable targets and to value your staff.

Venquis2018-11-09

"Only work for these guys if you want to bankroll the Tory Party!"

I worked at Venquis for more than 3 years

Pros

Company trip for everyone (including non-performers!) each year.

Cons

CEO funds the Tory Party with proceeds he makes from your work. When I found this out I left and joined a bigger, better firm which has less egos.

Advice to Management

Change the strategy of the business to focus more on core markets

Venquis2018-11-05

"Great Brand, Vision, Culture and People"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England

I worked at Venquis full-time for less than a year

Pros

The training at Venquis was the most important starting block when joining as i was not from recruitment. They not only spend a great deal of money on training which shows, but also they spend a great amount of time in training individuals to go from good to great. The Brand and Vision is fantastic. The company knows exactly who they want to be and exactly where it wants to be. This gives a hug platform for... individuals to grown and reach personal goals, by supporting said growth and given the opportunity to use the platform to their advantage. The people at Venquis are all amazing and was sad to see them go. The floor is open with access to everyone of all seniority. The team leaders and directors really do want you to progress and give you all the support needed to get there and achieve anything you want, as long as you are willing to put the effort in. The socials are great, there is a huge team spirit and its a lot of fun. Put in the work and the rewards will come.

Cons

On busy times it can be long hours but this is expected and you get out what you put in.

Advice to Management

Stick to the Vision and keep the culture thriving

Venquis2018-08-22

"Team Leader"

Current Employee - Team Leader in London, England

I have been working at Venquis full-time for more than a year

Pros

Organic Growth - good at spotting talent and growing internally Strong future Vision - every member of the company is aware of the companies vision and updated on any changes Open door policy with management- flat hierarchy and approachable Training and Development - strong 13 week academy training followed by continuous training sessions to develop further

Cons

As with any recruitment role you are rewarded for what you put in so there is a hardworking culture and longer hours but you are very well rewarded for this!

Advice to Management

Continue the culture and rewarding us for what we do! I have Venquis a breath of fresh air in recruitment and look forward to being a part of the future vision.

Venquis2018-05-14

"Good company..."

I have been working at Venquis for more than a year

Pros

Customer Focused - Making sure that the client is treated well Ambitious workforce and leadership team - growth mentality Good commission scheme Company holiday for all employees is a great touch.

Cons

None really - a big part of the roles at Venquis is sales - will not suit all.

Advice to Management

Keep the ambitious growth plans and focus on hiring great people :-)

Venquis2018-05-14