KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Venquis

Is this your company?

Venquis

Add a Review

Venquis Employee Reviews about "training academy"

Updated Jul 4, 2019

Found 10 of over 80 reviews

4.4
Venquis Group MD  Steve Garner (no image)
Steve Garner
Pros
  • "The training academy is fantastic, it gives you all the tools you need but encourages you to interpret and utilise them in your own way(in 10 reviews)

• "The hard work is paying off and now we are heading into a new era(in 9 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Long hours are common but that is recruitment as a whole(in 9 reviews)

• "As the previous review mentions 'This is recruitment, you need to be able to put in the hard work to get the rewards, like everywhere else(in 6 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Reviews about "training academy"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Forward Thinking, Supportive, Collaborative and Fun!

Jul 4, 2019 - Client Solutions Consultant in Bristol, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I joined the company just over 3 months ago as a complete newbie to the world of recruitment. The training academy is fantastic, it gives you all the tools you need but encourages you to interpret and utilise them in your own way. Venquis is one of the friendliest places I have been fortunate enough to work at. No question is silly, there are no wrong answers. Everyone is on board to help and wants you to be a success! There are so many opportunities to really make your role your own, put in the work and you will see the results!

Cons

None from my side. If you are given the opportunity to become part of the team, take it!

Venquis Response

Since we started, we've always known that fostering a strong collaborative environment is key. It's this that helps make us stand out from other recruitment companies and gives our consultants the confidence to ask questions, be brave and ultimately succeed.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Amazing progression

Feb 8, 2019 - Team Leader in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- From having no recruitment experience and coming straight out of uni, I couldn't have landed at a better company. Venquis offer all new joiners a 13-week training academy where you are taught how to recruit properly, both candidate and client side. - Clear criteria for progression / promotion. With only 2 1/2 years' experience, I am now trusted to manage a team. - Excellent commission structure - you have the opportunity to earn an unlimited amount of money, something none of my friends coming out of uni had the option of doing in their jobs. I've been able to save for a flat deposit because of this, and so have others in the company! - Great culture - monthly/quarterly incentives, annual company trip (whole company goes). - Open door policy when it comes to senior leadership team. - Excellent client base - working with some of the biggest companies across financial services, insurance and retail. - Internal moves are encouraged and progression is there for whoever wants it.

Cons

- Long working day - Technology / Laptops slow to be updated, equipment a bit outdated.

Head of Talent Acquisition

Your feedback is greatly appreciated, thanks for taking the time out to let us know your thoughts. We're always proud to take our Academy from Trainee's to Leaders and it's good to hear we've helped you achieve your personal goals along the way, with our market leading commission structure. We are working to up-grade all laptops across the sales floor and we will be trialing new mobile technology to keep you better connected when you're working remotely too. This tech upgrade will aid in better work from home options.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Best firm in the market

Apr 21, 2016 - Recruitment Consultant in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Can't say enough good things about the business. Great culture, awesome leadership team, cutting edge technology (incl everyone on laptops), supporting and challenging training academy, inspiring colleagues, fab rewards and most of all, a huge load of fun. Everything i wanted from my employer and then some...

Cons

Business is growing so fast that you need to be as equally ambitious and driven. No room for wall flowers here!

2 people found this review helpful
    4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work!

Feb 2, 2016 - Senior Recruiter in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

They really invest in their staff. The high performance manager provides a 6 weeks training academy as you start, but also provides training at all levels. Good incentives in place for high performers, and good commission structure.

Cons

You've got to put the hours in to do well but this is recruitment at the end of the day.

5. 5.0

High Performance Culture

Oct 14, 2015 - Consultant in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

After finishing my degree I chose to follow a career in recruitment because I always wanted to work in a fast-paced environment, where the challenges I faced enabled me to grow both personally and professionally and where your hard-work is really acknowledged. I chose to work for Venquis because the 13 week training academy, run by a true expert, enabled me to experience an accelerated development to a 360 consultant and become an expert in my field. I have been provided with continuous support every step of the way, and am confident this will continue. The atmosphere is great, and my team is the best I've ever worked in. Becoming a force to be reckoned with in the Business change and transformation space Venquis is the company to work for.

Cons

Its an very hard industry to work in, but the rewards are definitely worth it.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee

Employee/ Consultant - Germany

Oct 7, 2015 - Venquis Consultant Germany in Munich, Bavaria
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have never regretted my choice to join Venquis. I knew from the start that they are different to other recruitment companies - and I was right! Recruitment can be a challenging and though environment so being trained, motivated, and supported along the way is vital. Venquis provides exactly this. My 3 month training (academy) along with other recent new starters was being taken care of by a performance manager with a wealth of experience and great teaching skills. The overall atmosphere here is very professional but personal, which also reflects in the fact that people tend to stay on - one even knows the CEO's. I believe that Venquis' success is an outcome of all the hard work and a sound and thought through vision. I am really excited about my future at Venquis - who offered me a great career opportunity just after I completed the academy> a relocation to their office in Munich (Germany)

Cons

Long working hours but at least you are all in this together - plus it does pay off.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee

Intern review

Sep 30, 2015 - Graduate Recruitment Consultant in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

As part of my degree I have to undergo a 1 year work placement – I chose to work for Venquis as I wanted to work within, a high performance and fast paced environment where I could be responsible of my own earning potential. After the 13 week training academy with one of the best recruitment experts in the industry, I felt as though I had worked in recruitment for over a year with all the scenarios and example situations I have been put through. I was told at the start that everyone at Venquis was famous in the market for what they do and now I fully understand why. We are such specialists at Venquis that each individual here focusses within their own market and spend all of their time developing and improving their knowledge. I would consider myself famous now for knowing the best developers in the investment management space.

Cons

My placement has to come to an end :(

8. 5.0

Great training academy

Feb 6, 2015 - Recruitment Consultant in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I had no prior experience of recruitment before joining Venquis but by the time I finished the training Academy I felt fully prepared to be a 360 consultant. I had clear goals and areas to become an expert in, beginning with candidate sourcing and then focusing on client engagement. The weekly reviews with my Team Leader made me feel very well supported and helped me develop quickly. I particularly liked the focus on becoming an expert in my market and the sustained emphasis on reading about transformation projects in Retail so that I could add real value to our clients.

Cons

They work you hard but you reap the rewards!

9. 5.0

Training Course

Nov 11, 2014 - Consultant in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Prior to joining Venquis I had no experience in the recruitment sector. After completing the 13 week training program I felt that I was well and truly prepared for anything that could be thrown my way. The academy was structured in such a way that I was able to constantly put into practice everything that I was learning as the course progressed, as it merged both one-on-one teaching with on the job training. The expertise and passion of the trainer inspired me to constantly deliver on my targets and gave me an exciting yet realistic picture of what it takes to be successful in a competitive environment such as recruitment. The training academy was without a doubt the perfect springboard for me to build a career in recruitment on and I highly recommend to any potential candidates!

Cons

No cons at this time.

CEO

Thank you for posting your review. As a fast growing company with a high performance culture, ongoing training (at every level of the organisation) is crucially important. Needless to say we will continue to improve the training & coaching whenever we can and welcome all feedback.

10. 5.0

Invest in their talent

Jun 20, 2014 - Consultant in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

One to one and group coaching is given to all new recruiters in the 'Venquis Training Academy' with training on how to become a specialist in your market, and become a full 360 recruiter. Lots of team spirit, supportive and positive atmosphere, always pushing to succeed and be the best. Hard work is not only rewarded, but also respected. Everyone is interesting, has their own style, and something about them.

Cons

Relatively new company (around 3 years old) - growing quickly, which makes the future uncertain

Viewing 1 - 10 of 10 English Reviews