Venteon Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.2
Cedric Corera

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Extremely organized Agency with great talent!"

Current Employee - Staffing Pracgice Manager in Troy, MI
    Current Employee - Staffing Pracgice Manager in Troy, MI

I have been working at Venteon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people really care about providing quality talent to clients. Good tools offered to get your job done. Expectations are set and measured, but you are not micromanaged to get your job done. They try hard to provide a good work environment. Some of the most senior talent I have ever met in Recruitment work here. Good rewards provided for good work!

Cons

None I can say at this point

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

2. "Horrible CEO and Leadership - Recruiting at its worst"

I have been working at Venteon full-time

Pros

When unemployment is this low, its not hard to be successful in recruiting.

Cons

You are a number only and at the disposal of the CEOs incapable hands.

Advice to Management

Focus more on building long-term relationships opposed to short term wins.

"Not to Big or to Small"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Troy, MI
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Troy, MI

I have been working at Venteon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to work. Very much a team environment with room to grow. Many people have been there for a long time. Some very successful people that are willing to teach and help you out.

Cons

Recruiting takes a lot of work and time to get good at. If recruiting is for you, this is a decent place to do it.

4. "Great place"

Current Employee - Quality Technician in Auburn Hills, MI
    Current Employee - Quality Technician in Auburn Hills, MI

I have been working at Venteon full-time

Pros

Venteon is a great place to work for. They take care of there employees pay and benefits. I've been with them for over two years.

Cons

Contract job with potential for direct.

Advice to Management

You guys need to have a better insurance policy. The policy I was offered was an outrageous price monthly for what was offered so I declined. I then took a third party insurance that was even worse! I'd recommend you guys get great insurance if you want to keep employees who have family's and keep them as contract working for you. The insurance offered is not good for a family man.

5. "Awesome, very easy to work for"

Former Employee - Regional DTS Coordinator-Temp Assignment in Wixom, MI
    Former Employee - Regional DTS Coordinator-Temp Assignment in Wixom, MI

I worked at Venteon (Less than a year)

Pros

easy to report time keeping and dependable pay every friday

Cons

no further opportunities to work from

"Not the greatest & not the worst place to work"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Troy, MI

I worked at Venteon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They provide you a laptop, the cubicle desk areas are decent, and they aren't on the top floor so it's easy to get down to your car when you want to hurry up and get home

Cons

It's very segregated, they provide the most useless new hire training program, they are nazi driven when it comes to metrics, and the management was terrible.

"Great place to grow"

I have been working at Venteon full-time

Pros

Company ownership provides great support to middle-management, allowing each recruiting specialization the flexibility to train and run individual employee desks in a way that recognizes each individual's strengths and seeks to nurture and capitalize on those strengths. Incentive bonuses (quarterly gift cards for production leaders, annual all-expenses paid trip, cash bonuses for top producers) have achievable goals.

Cons

Because of the smaller size, there is not a lot of room for advancement. The nature of the industry generally turns employees over faster than other industries, which can be tough on morale.

Advice to Management

Continue empowering middle management do what works for their teams. Recognize and reward success early and often.

"Great small company to prove your recruiting skills"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

I have been working at Venteon full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I've worked for a few other staffing agencies and the environment at Venteon offers so much more flexibility in my schedule to allow for a decent work/life balance. The salaries are decent, probably average with other staffing agencies. Although management says we're metrics-driven, there's no one confronting you on a daily basis which provides a good working environment. Each group - accounting/finance, IT, engineering, administrative - work together as a team and most try to help each other with clients and candidates. I like the office environment - each employee has their own, somewhat secluded, cubicle or office. It's not a huge open pit like some other agencies where you can't even hear yourself think. The employees also do a lot of things together - baseball game, happy hours, boat cruise, volunteering at a soup kitchen in Detroit. The owners also donate a bunch of money to various charities and families that the employees refer at Christmas. It's not a perfect company but it's a great company to start or continue your career in recruiting.

Cons

The medical benefits are a little expensive and it would be great if they offered vision insurance. There has been some turnover over the last two years but I think it has to do with us hiring entry-level recruiters. Some of the people that have left just didn't like recruiting. I do think there needs to be a better process to evaluate employees, give raises, and offer some perks. I'd also like to see our family picnic or trip to the zoo return this year.

Advice to Management

My advice to the owners would be to focus on what we're best at. They tried to branch out into other things like mobile app development that just didn't work and I'm sure cost our company a lot of money.

"fair company, work hard and do your job, they leave you alone."

Current Employee - Sales in Troy, MI
    Current Employee - Sales in Troy, MI

I have been working at Venteon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

management is fair
    and let's you do your job.

Cons

not a lot of flexibility.
    benefits are expensive

"Disappointed with my experience"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Troy, MI

I worked at Venteon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fellow employees are very nice, really do try to represent a family atmosphere. Supervisors do try to help out their employees and get them to succeed.

Cons

Employee morale dropped considerably during the almost two years I was there. Hiring philosophy did change from hiring experienced recruiters to fresh out of college kids. They can pay them nothing, let them bring on some accounts then either let them go or they leave due to low pay. Meanwhile the company keeps the relationship and commission dollars.
    Benefits are extremely expensive, company pays little to no part of the employee contribution.

Advice to Management

Increase pay, lower benefit costs, and most importantly build employee morale.