Venterra Realty Reviews

4.6
Venterra Realty Co-Founder, CEO & Director John Foresi
John Foresi
Pros
Cons
  • "No cons great place to work friendly management(in 24 reviews)

• "There are so many different property management companies out there that claim they are a "great place to work" but honestly(in 6 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Couldn't wish for a better company!"

Current Employee - Regional Trainer in Houston, TX

I have been working at Venterra Realty full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The way they are taking care of the employees through COVID-19 is something that all companies should take note of how much Venterra cares and how much consideration is being made for the employees and their families during this time. When my loved ones are being put through the ringer with their employers during this time, I feel blessed beyond measaure to be part of the team that I am on, and part of the company that I am with! All of the little things that Venterra does to really prove that the people are so important really snowball into such a wonderful company. Listening to friends and loved ones discuss how they are being treated during this time, I find myself feeling guilty for working for such a pro-employee company that is really considering all aspects of the employee experience, and not just the bottom dollar.

Cons

None that I can think of!

Venterra Realty2020-04-28

May 1, 2020Chief Operating Officer

Thank you for the feedback and for all your hard work and dedication over the years! I also want to thank you for your patience, flexibility, and dedication during these trying times. We’re fortunate to have an amazing group of individuals like yourself at Venterra. We certainly wouldn’t be able to effectively respond to or weather the challenges that CV-19 has presented without all of you. Given the novelty of the situation, it’s even more critical that we maintain open communications at all levels of the organization, so please be sure to keep providing insights and let us know if you spot any areas where we can further improve or streamline our processes. Thanks so much again for taking a few minutes to share your thoughts!

2. "Company Review"

Current Employee - Better Living Consultant in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Venterra Realty part-time for more than a year

Pros

The pros of the company are the following : -Good pay/commission -Mileage compensation -Flights are paid -Free merchandise -Always up to date on technology

Cons

The cons of the company are the following : -Stressful environment -Fast pace -Busy workload ( a lot of meetings/call and emails )

Venterra Realty2020-05-26
  3. "It was great"

Former Employee - Assistant

I worked at Venterra Realty full-time

Pros

They ready care about residents

Cons

The pay is not so great

Venterra Realty2020-05-19

May 22, 2020Chief Operating Officer

We appreciate the review and I’m glad to know you enjoyed being part of the Venterra company culture! While we utilize industry benchmarking studies to adjust pay ranges and make informed compensation decisions, there are times where a team member’s expectation of pay might not align with current compensation. To help ensure employees and managers are on the same page, we encourage open conversations on the topic between an employee and their manager. That said, we’ll absolutely take this feedback into account as we continue working to enhance the Venterra employee experience. Thank you again for the feedback!

4. "Company Culture and Flexibility is Unmathched!"

Current Employee - Regional Trainer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Venterra Realty full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good benefits, fun at work is promoted to all, employee feedback is heavily considered, flexibility is great, the executive team makes business decisions with care, and people really care about you.

Cons

Career growth is limited and unclear.

Venterra Realty2020-05-18

May 22, 2020Chief Operating Officer

Thanks for your review! It’s great reading that your years on the team have been so positive and that you’ve seen us taking a fun and people-oriented approach to business during your time at Venterra. While we’ll continue making good on our Employer Promise to strive to promote from within, it can sometimes be difficult to predict when a new promotion opportunity might arise for an employee ready for advancement. The flexibility and communication you mention are important factors here, as we want our employees to grow in the direction in which they’re most passionate. In order to be as prepared as possible for promotions, we encourage candid dialogues about growth both during and outside of evaluations. These conversations are a launching pad for additional communications within our team and allow us to start taking the steps needed to make growth a reality. Thanks so much again for sharing your thoughts here, and please be sure to keep the feedback coming!

5. "Great Company with a Great Culture!"

Former Employee - Assistant Community Manager in League City, TX

I worked at Venterra Realty full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great culture, tons of help available, phenomenal mentoring program very much felt the family feeling.

Cons

Slow at promoting current employees.

Venterra Realty2020-05-13

May 19, 2020Chief Operating Officer

Thanks so much for taking the time to reflect on your experiences at Venterra and sharing your feedback! I’m happy to know that our training, company culture, and employee resources helped create such a positive atmosphere while you were on the team. Working to retain and promote employees who have the proven skills and culture fit to thrive on our team is a critical part of ensuring our success as an organization. With this in mind, we’re constantly exploring ways to streamline the promotion process and enhance communication around the topic. While we always look within our own ranks before and during external recruiting efforts, it can sometimes be difficult to align the right opportunity with an employee who is ready for advancement in a timeframe that works for them. That said, we’ll absolutely keep this feedback in mind as we work to further improve the experience of our employees. Thank you again for providing the review!

6. "Great Culture!"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Houston, TX

I have been working at Venterra Realty full-time for less than a year

Pros

Its always a welcoming place for new employees. Great place to work and Venterra truly cares about their team. Management goes above and beyond, not only for residents but for employees across the company. Working for Venterra has truly been a blessing for myself and my family.

Cons

None that I can think of at the moment, continue doing what you are doing.

Venterra Realty2020-04-29

May 1, 2020Chief Operating Officer

We appreciate you sharing the review, and I’m happy to hear that your time at Venterra has been as positive as it has! Given that Customer Experience and Employee Experience represent two of our four operating pillars, it’s great that you’ve seen our dedication to these individuals during your time on the team. That said, we’re constantly looking for opportunities to better the organization, so If you do identify an area where we could improve in the future, please don’t hesitate to speak up or submit a Better Way suggestion for review. Again, thank you for providing the review here!

7. "What More Could You ask For?"

Current Employee - Program Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Venterra Realty full-time for more than a year

Pros

Upholds to the integrity of their core values, work/life balance, builds a true community,

Cons

Very little downfalls within the company. After 2 years, I have yet to see what has been taught not achieved.

Venterra Realty2020-04-01

April 2, 2020Chief Operating Officer

The review is much appreciated, and it’s great to know that your experience with us has been as positive as it has. Staying true to our values and continuously working to maintain a positive employee experience is critical for our success as an organization, so I’m happy that you’ve seen this approach alive and well in your day-to-day operations. Please don’t hesitate to speak up if you do spot an area where we can improve at any point in the future. Thank you again for taking the time to share your thoughts here!

"Best Property Management Company Hands Down!"

Current Employee - Community Manager in Beaumont, TX

I have been working at Venterra Realty full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Venterra is an amazing company that really lives by its core values! My RM doesn't micromanage me and allows me to do what I do best, my job! They are constantly challenging us to grow and learn, while offering incentives to do so! The really listen to their on-site teams and genuinely care about their team members. I cannot say enough good things!

Cons

I literally can' think of a bad thing to say! I have worked for them for years and because of the level of integrity and professionalism, I don't ever want to work for another property management company.

Venterra Realty2020-03-02

March 3, 2020Chief Operating Officer

Thanks so much for the review! It’s always great to hear positive feedback from our team members when it comes to things like feeling heard, being supported, having opportunities to learn and grow, and feeling trusted to get the job done without being micromanaged. We’re so glad that you’ve chosen to be a part of the Venterra family and we’re looking forward to seeing where the future takes you! There’s still always room to improve, so please be sure to keep the feedback coming. Thank you again for sharing your thoughts here!

9. "Culture is everything with Venterra!"

Community Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Venterra Realty

Pros

I came on board with the company for a short period of time and just a few months I feel as my voice is heard, my experience and opinion are appreciated. I was able to help with some changes that the company was looking for and it feels very rewarding! The regionals are incredibly supportive and communicative to how things are expected to be done, but given all the tools needed to be successful. I feel as my region is a family itself. Anytime i reach out for help, my team members are always happy to. I don’t feel as intimidated being a newbie and I’m allowed to make changes that fit my property. I’m definitely not being micromanaged but respected as a manager. I don’t have to ask permission for every little thing but to make the decision that I feel is right. The last 6 months have been very fun and a learning curve along the way. I have def learned better leadership skills since I’ve been with Venterra. Thank you for valuing your employees.

Cons

Closing at 7 for two days a week and always open on Sundays.

Venterra Realty2020-02-29

March 3, 2020Chief Operating Officer

We appreciate you taking the time to provide the review and share your thoughts! I’m glad to know that you’ve felt heard, respected and supported, have formed a strong bond with your team members, that you’ve seen the impact of your contributions, and that you’ve been positively impacted by our company culture, in turn. While we know that maximizing time spent with family and friends goes a long way in creating an amazing employee experience, it can sometimes be tricky to strike a balance with fully meeting the needs of our residents. Our current holiday schedule, tiered vacation accruals, and paid days off for events such as birthdays, volunteering, and Family Fun Days are aimed at encouraging employees to enjoy well-earned R&R, but we’re always looking for ways to improve, so we’ll absolutely keep your feedback in mind as we re-evaluate our options in this area! Staff size and office hours vary from community to community according to resident demands, so, if you feel we should consider making a change at your office, please be sure to speak up to your Regional Manager. Thank you again for the review and insights!

10. "Great company"

Current Employee - Assistant Maintenance Manager in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Venterra Realty full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great place to work great team as management and higher up

Cons

No cons great place to work friendly management

Venterra Realty2020-02-13

March 30, 2020Chief Operating Officer

We appreciate you leaving the review! I’m glad to know that your experience with us has been so positive. With our Core Value of a “never-ending pursuit of excellence” we’re always on the lookout for ways to do better, so if you do spot any areas for improvement down the road, please be sure to speak up or submit a Better Way suggestion. Thanks again for the feedback!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 326 Reviews