Venterra Realty Reviews

Updated Apr 21, 2021

4.6
Venterra Realty Co-Founder, CEO & Director John Foresi
John Foresi
Pros
  • "AMAZING culture and core values - the best company to work for(in 34 reviews)

• "They love to promote from within and really want their employees to learn and grow(in 24 reviews)

• Cons
  • "There are so many different property management companies out there that claim they are a "great place to work" but honestly(in 6 reviews)

• "I really cannot think of anything(in 5 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Featured Review

BEST COMPANY EVER!

Apr 14, 2021 - Better Living Consultant in Newnan, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have worked for Venterra Realty for 1 Year and this is my first time working in property management and let me tell you this has been the best year of my working life. I am excited to wake up and come to work everyday. I love that Venterra sticks to their core values, helps each employee reach their goals, and that they make sure that every employee feels appreciated. Venterra Realty is hands down the best company I have ever worked for.

Cons

There is no cons in my opinion.

Chief Operating Officer

The review is much appreciated and I’m glad to hear that your first year on the team has been as great as it has! We want to make sure the trend continues and are always looking for ways to further improve the experience of our team members, so please be sure to keep the feedback coming as you continue to grow with us. Thank you again for sharing your experience!

2. 5.0

A True Career

Mar 31, 2021 - Maintenance Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Ethical & Positive vibes are frequently cycling through the properties with trainings, events, paid days off, etc. -Comradery is a huge factor at play. Everyone has your back. You're protected, and you're mentored. If you make a mistake, the only one ever mad is yourself. Everyone around you will help and guide you. -You are respected at an unmatched level by superiors and your team. Everyone looks at you as an equal and valuable asset whether you bring an idea, a statement, or an opinion. -The pay is fantastic. The benefits are fantastic. Education, Health, Dental, Vision, 3rd party packages, etc. -20% off rent at any Venterra property is very nice and makes it all the more a profitable career to pursue. Venterra properties are extremely nice compared to other competitors, so you're living in good quality housing.

Cons

-On Call shifts can become hectic. I speak for those around me who've confided their feelings about being on call, I am very passionate and loving of my job and will take the calls all day and night happily. But summer time, and extreme weather events tend to rake in the hours at unusual times making your week on call a very exhausting and stretched out week. (The OT makes up for this once you see your paycheck, but sometimes everyone would rather the sleep than $20-$30 for a quick repair.)

Chief Operating Officer

Thanks so much for taking the time to reflect on your time with us. It’s our goal to create a great experience for all of our team members, so I’m happy to hear that you’re enjoying our perks, programs, people, and culture. Thank you also for the feedback regarding on-call responsibilities. Given the nature of our industry, it’s likely that the need for on-call shifts will remain, but we certainly can still work to ease the stress involved with after hour emergency response. We’ll definitely take your comments to heart as we make any changes in this area down the road, but, if you haven’t already, I’d encourage you to connect with your Community Manager and/or Regional Maintenance Manager to discuss the situation specific to your community in more detail. This will help open a dialogue on the topic so we can identify the best setup for your community and your team’s specific needs. Thank you again for sharing the review!

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

**4 years later and I still love it here**

Feb 26, 2021 - Property Manager in Houston, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have been with Venterra now for 4 years and I am so thankful to be a part of this team. My direct manager makes me feel valued, gives constant feedback so I always know what is expected of me, and she values my input. One of the things I love most about working here is the lack of cattiness, I know it seems crazy, but if you have ever worked in a negative environment, you really appreciate it when you no longer deal with that. Venterra values their people and when they say "Team First" they mean it. The benefits are wonderful, I was recently out on FMLA while having bilateral knee replacement, and my supervisor was super supportive, she never made me fear for my job and often checked in on me asking me to rest and take time to recover. My coworkers, supported me by helping out with my community and my team, I never feared for my job, I knew they had it in hand! I get 3 weeks of paid vacation, life insurance, medical, dental, 401K, vision, discount program through several vendors and retailers, and have 2 vacation sites available to me for free through the company! This is truly a great place to work!

Cons

We are a small property management company, and employees are happy and don't leave, this makes it hard to get a promotion. I am a manager and will likely remain so, unless I leave, which will be one of the hardest decisions I have to make, when its time.

Chief Operating Officer

Thank you for taking the time to share your review here. It's great to know your four years with us have been as positive as they have, and that you've felt the full support of your team and Venterra throughout! We certainly want to retain our dedicated team members by creating a great employee experience, and seeing a pathway for career growth is definitely a big part of that experience. As our portfolio continues to expand, we fully expect to see more opportunities for employee advancement and will continue making good on our Employer Promise to strive to promote from within. To best prepare you for the next step, please be sure to continue having regular conversations with your Regional Manager about your ideal career trajectory, and keep the feedback coming. Thank you, again, for sharing the feedback!

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

A company with a genuine culture, that's in growth mode, and offers many opportunities to have an impact

Feb 11, 2021 - Customer Experience Manager in Houston, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

* Genuine Culture - The values are not just writings on the wall. Everyone here genuinely represents the company's values and the leadership team regularly use the values as a North-star for the decisions they're making. * The service we offer is a home, it's where people live. Every decision made can have a profound effect in someone's life. * The industry is outdated and going through a critical phase where everyone is trying to catch-up to modern tools, standards, and processes. This provides many opportunities for each employee to have a big impact in the company's success. * It's just as common to encounter employees that have been with the company since near its inception as it is to encounter new employees. There is strong tenure, people are happy here so they stay.

Cons

* Leadership team has embraced change a bit too much and is trying to become the first to adopt unproven technology. The pace at which things are implemented or change can sometimes be overwhelming. * The expected pace of progress makes it difficult to make objective and empirically-sound decisions. Analytical minds that are not comfortable making decisions based primarily on intuition and experience may feel frustrated at times.

Chief Operating Officer

Thanks so much for taking the time to detail your thoughts and provide the review. We've worked to create a company culture that attracts individuals who want to make a difference in the lives of others, so I'm happy you've seen this during your time on the team. An additional part of our culture is continuously striving for excellence with the goal of getting better, faster. As a result, we definitely do embrace new and improved ways of operating. That said, it is also important that we're moving in the right direction by carefully considering changes we make and ensuring they aren't rolled out at a pace that creates unnecessary obstacles, so your candor in this area is much appreciated. We'll absolutely keep your feedback in mind as we move forward, but if you have any specific areas where you feel we should take a closer look, now or in the future, please be sure to speak up. Thank you again for sharing!

5. 5.0

Getting Better and Better

Jan 26, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

They really put a lot of effort into their culture and creating a fair and healthy environment for all employees through compensation reviews, management surveys, company-wide conferences, employee education stipends, flexible hours for personal needs, paid volunteer time, etc. They are constantly working to improve their culture, as opposed to the 'set it and forget it' culture I have seen elsewhere. In the few years I have been here, Venterra has only gotten more collaborative, more caring, and more inclusive, which is pretty impressive given the fact that the company hit its 20 years very recently.

Cons

Venterra is always ready for technological adaptation but struggles with adapting to unforeseen (especially personnel) changes. The last few staffing changes in our office were unexpected and created pretty massive waves in the work-life balance and workload of many others in the group, lasting many months after the event. This likely could have been avoided with redundancy planning. This can make their goal setting structure quite difficult to adhere to.

Chief Operating Officer

Thank you for the feedback! We're constantly looking to get better, faster, so I'm happy to hear that you've seen and appreciated this approach during your time on the team. It is important that we make an effort to minimize negative effects unforeseen events might cause, so thank you for your thoughts on us planning for the unexpected. Given that every situation is different, I'd love to hear any additional details about the specific circumstances at your office to see where we could have better anticipated and responded to the change. Please feel free to reach out to me directly by phone or email to discuss further. Thanks so much again for taking the time to share the review!

6. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Venterra Experience

Mar 9, 2021 - Leasing Professional in Sandy Springs, Fulton, GA, Optional[GA]
      Business Outlook

Pros

Their training guide’s are amazing to grow with the company.

Cons

The biggest downfall is when you use to love coming to work or loving work whenever your community manger is not in the office. Venterra it self is not a over all bad company to work for it’s really not. It’s always and always have been the person that is placed in a certain position, Micromanaging, very very bad energy, it’s very toxic. I love the company it self and the people are great there, but I refuse for a company with toxic vibes and being divided based on positions of titles. But other then that I wish my team the best wishes!!!!

1 person found this review helpful

Chief Operating Officer

Thank you for taking the time to reflect on your experience with us and share it here. I’m sorry to hear that your experience with your direct team wasn’t up to the standard we aim to achieve. We rely on amazing leaders to create amazing employee experiences, and it sounds like that doesn’t align with your observations. Encouraging team members to provide candid, anonymous feedback on our annual Leadership Survey and through third-party provider, EthicsPoint, helps bring our attention to employee concerns, but we’re aware there are times when we may not have a full understanding of a situation. For this reason, I’d like to encourage you to follow up with me directly or utilize EthicsPoint (https://bit.ly/1NPNZHS), which remains available as a resource for former employees. Thank you in advance for providing a quick follow-up with additional details and, again, for sharing your feedback here.

7. 1.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Only follows code values when it benefits them

Mar 3, 2021 - Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fun monthly/quarterly initiatives. Offers education assistance.

Cons

No problems asking you to do shady things. Doesn’t put it in writing so they can’t be held accountable. All done by word of mouth. Management will throw you under the bus instead of taking blame. Rolls out something new and sometimes worse almost every week and expect to you to be able to juggle everything changing plus your work load. Do not expect any help from upper management at all. Not held to any type of accountability. Regional maintenance VS regional manager are never on the same page. Does a ranking system so your pitted against everyone in the company constantly. Core values are a joke. It’s something to lure you in then they never follow them. They ask you what you think to help the property then completely ignore you and continue to let you drown.

Chief Operating Officer

We appreciate you taking the time to provide the review and I'm sorry to hear that your employee experience hasn't aligned with what we aim to achieve and most of the feedback that we see here. Although we do have high expectations for all our team members, it's important that employees have a reasonable workload, have the leadership support they need to thrive, and feel they have a voice within their role. Additionally, we won't tolerate any unethical actions within our teams. We've partnered with a third-party provider, EthicsPoint, to allow our current and former employees to report concerns anonymously, so we can take immediate action. Given the observations you've outlined here, I'd strongly encourage you to provide us with additional details through the service (https://bit.ly/1NPNZHS) or directly to myself by phone (905-717-8264) or email (rroos@venterraliving.com). Doing so will allow us to dive further into the specific circumstances, take any action needed to address the issues, turn your experience around, and prevent any other team members from feeling the same way you have. Thank you again for sharing the review and, in advance, for additional information you're able to share.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Best company I ever work for!

Mar 1, 2021 - Rover Maintenance
      Business Outlook

Pros

Family ,Growth , Integrity, guidance

Cons

Unfortunately have not found any

Chief Operating Officer

We appreciate the feedback and I'm happy to hear that your time with us has been as great as it has! Thanks for your advice regarding our approach to tackling onsite projects. While each need is different, it's certainly important that we consider all factors when electing to keep things "in-house" or turn to a third-party vendor. Those decisions rely heavily on input from our team members, so please don't hesitate to share your insights and perspective as new projects pop up down the road. We're looking forward to remaining the best company you've worked for, so be sure to submit a "Better Way" idea or speak up if you spot any areas at all for improvement in the future. Thanks again for the review!

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Such an amazing company!

Feb 22, 2021 - Assistant Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

So many opportunities for growth, competitive compensation, great benefits, innovation, fun culture, diversity, employee recognition

Cons

long hours, mentally draining due to the nature of the industry, hard to balance work/life due to late work nights and weekends

Chief Operating Officer

I'm happy to read that you're enjoying the elements of our culture that make Venterra unique, and appreciate you sharing the review! Our aim to be a leader in an industry that requires creating an amazing customer experience can certainly be demanding, but it's also our responsibility to create an industry-leading employee experience, as well. Work/life balance is definitely an important part of that, so if you feel we might be able to improve in this area at your community or generally, we'd love to hear more. Please feel free to have a conversation with your Community Manager on this topic or reach out to me directly to discuss further. Thank you again for the feedback!

10. 2.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Too much work, little money

Apr 8, 2021 - Blc
      Business Outlook

Pros

The pros are the residents

Cons

Low pay, not compensated for work, short staffed, long hours, and political

Chief Operating Officer

Thank you for sharing the feedback here. While we appreciate the review, I’m sorry to hear that your overall experience hasn’t been up to the standard we aim to achieve. We definitely have high expectations for all of our team members, but it’s important that compensation and staffing is in line with the demands of the role and the community. Although we use industry benchmarking reports to make regular adjustments to offer fair and competitive pay, given that reality and expectations can still sometimes differ, we encourage one-on-one conversations on this topic with a supervisor at any time. Minimizing politics in the workplace is also a big part of creating a positive employee experience, so I’m disappointed this is an issue based on your observations, and would like an opportunity to see if we can remedy the situation. When you have an opportunity, please reach out to me directly by phone (905-717-8264) or email (rroos@venterraliving.com) to provide more details. Alternately, EthicsPoint (https://bit.ly/1NPNZHS) remains a great option to anonymously report any concerns that should be brought to our attention. I’m looking forward to connecting with you to see how we can turn your experience around. Thank you in advance for giving us a chance to do so and, again, for taking the time to share your review here.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 379 Reviews