Venterra Realty Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated August 16, 2018

Full-timePart-time

4.6

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "We also promote from within and I feel that is something people look for" (in 20 reviews)

• "If you are looking for a company deep-rooted in their Core Values who values YOU on a professional and personal level, look no further" (in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • "I have found NO cons to working for Venterra" (in 20 reviews)

• "I don't have anything negative to say about Venterra" (in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"The sky is the limit with Venterra"

Current Employee - Community Manager in Stafford, TX
    Current Employee - Community Manager in Stafford, TX

I have been working at Venterra Realty full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I could never imagine working for a company other than Venterra! If you are looking for a company deep-rooted in their Core Values who values YOU on a professional and personal level, look no further! I have been with Venterra for 2 years and the opportunities that I have been given in my short tenure are unbelievable! I do not feel that I am an employee working for a company, I feel that I am part of a family, the Venterra family! We work very hard but ALWAYS make time to have fun! I feel supported on a daily basis and am given the autonomy to make decisions. Venterra has made me a better person. We have education assistance to allow us to continue our journey in our growth and development. We are given the day off to volunteer through Venterra Cares, by helping others and enriching our own lives simultaneously. We have Fun Fridays allowing us to dress up in specified themes and have a blast at work with our team! Birthdays are celebrated with a paid day off, company anniversaries are celebrated, all milestones are celebrated! We have bring your dog to work day! The list goes on and on.... Health benefits, 401K...The money is great! We bonus quarterly and have the opportunity to earn commissions daily! The sky is the limit with Venterra, I believe that with my whole heart!

Cons

I didn't find Venterra sooner!

May 29, 2018 – Chief Operating Officer

We appreciate you taking the time to provide the review! I’m happy to read that you’re continuing to enjoy our people-centered approach to business and the unique perks and programs that we feel make... More

2. "Great work environment! Good energy is infectious!"

Current Employee - Blc in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Blc in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Venterra Realty full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay is great, especially compared to other communities I've considered.
    I'm a full time college student and yesterday my school schedule changed abruptly. I was afraid of getting fired because it would disrupt the entire office schedule. My amazing manager adjusted the schedule and told me that they know that I care about my education, so they will work with me. I was so touched. I've never had a workplace inconvenience themselves to help an employee. Venterra is special because they take the time to care and invest into their employees.. I'll never forget this!
    Awesome work culture
    You get paid for going above and beyond to do a great job, hard work is rewarded
    Able to see constant promotions within the company after only a month of being employed here.
    They openly take advice from employees on how to do things better whether they are hourly or salaried employees.

Cons

None! It has been great!

Advice to Management

Ya'll are great!

3. "More than just a job... it is a family!"

Current Employee - Community Manager in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Community Manager in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Venterra Realty full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Venterra is the best company I have had the pleasure of joining. I have an abundance of support, resources, and educational opportunities to perform to the best of my ability! Not only does the company stay progressive with modern innovations, but Venterra really “Cares” about their employees and work hard to maintain a culture of like-minded individuals with a strong work ethic and morals. One of the biggest differences that comes to mind, compared to my previous property management companies, is the contact with corporate superiors, including the CEO and COO. They are easily accessible, personable, get to know you as individuals, (despite the hundreds of employees across different regions) they value your opinions, and provide you with exceptional resources and training to run a property to its fullest potential to create a community where residents feel respected and cared for. I attribute this to the employees feeling respected and cared for, which reflects strongly in everyday operations. I had the option of transferring to another company because my property is selling, but made the easy choice to remain loyal to Venterra! The Dallas Regional Manager is the best I have ever worked with, the properties in the region function as a team, constantly helping and supporting other locations, lending staff members to aid in heavy work load situations, sharing tips, experiences, etc. - ultimately contributing even more to a GREAT PLACE TO WORK!

Cons

Orange is my least favorite color... ;)

Advice to Management

Keep up the contact with the individual property staff members, acknowledge their achievements, no matter how small, WOWEE’s, etc - it helps fuel us to continue to thrive and feel proud of our work, knowing we are a direct reflection of the big picture and what Venterra stands for!

Aug 11, 2018 – Chief Operating Officer

Thank you for leaving the review! Our goal is to create a positive experience for every employee. This means having the right leaders in place, receiving and acting on feedback from our team members... More

4. "Assistant Maintenance Manager"

I have been working at Venterra Realty full-time

Pros

Best place I have ever worked; hands down.

Cons

So far, I've had nothing bad to say.

Advice to Management

Everyone here actually listens to my wants, needs, and concerns.

Aug 7, 2018 – Chief Operating Officer

We appreciate your review and I’m happy to know your time at Venterra has been so positive! Creating a great employee experience requires listening to our team members and acting on the information... More

5. "Great Culture"

Current Employee - Maintenance Manager in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Maintenance Manager in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Venterra Realty full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

If you have strong values and truly want to make a difference in people's lives then you want to work for Venterra Realty. Venterra employees are given the opportunity and encouraged to do what we feel is necessary to provide great customer service. Yes we do work hard but the praise given by residents and upper Management makes the hard work that much more rewarding. Before I joined Venterra I thought I was pretty good at being a Maintenance Manager but now after five years with Venterra and the Mentor-ship shown to me by my RMM I have learned so much more about the apartment industry and myself which has now instilled a daily desire for me to be a better Manager than I was the day before. The Venterra culture is work hard and do better than you think can while having fun at the same time.

Cons

There are no cons for me to list, Venterra has accommodated any request I have had over my past five years.

Advice to Management

Keep striving for excellence, it makes good employees want to be better.

Aug 7, 2018 – Chief Operating Officer

We appreciate you providing the review! It’s great to know your time at Venterra has been as enjoyable as it has. As you mentioned, we certainly do expect a lot from our employees but also love... More

6. "Best in Class!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Venterra Realty full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I've worked for Venterra for 15+ years and have thoroughly enjoyed every moment. Our company believes in growing and developing our people through Lifelong Learning efforts and provides an education and assistance program. We are all about promoting from within and do so regularly. We have so many perks and benefits that even Venterra family members get to enjoy! Next week is our Family Fun Day where all employees get to bring their families to the venue we chose to have lunch, ride rides and have blast at the Adventure Park. We also enjoy a paid day off for our birthday every year. If you are looking for a company that works hard, makes time for fun and recognizes their people for their efforts then this is place for you! I truly believe Venterra is the best in the industry.

Cons

I do not have any cons.

Aug 7, 2018 – Chief Operating Officer

Thank you for taking a few minutes to share your experience on the Venterra Team here! I’m so happy to hear that your ten plus years with us have been as positive as they have and that you’ve enjoyed... More

7. "Another work anniversary"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Venterra Realty full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I'm celebrating another year with Venterra. Multiple years in and this is still, by far, one of the best companies I have worked for. There is very little company politics, (almost non-existent), everyone has a voice, the leaders are of high character, pay is good, policies are fair and there is an incredible amount of focus on employees, ensuring they are happy. The people I work with are amazing. I'm blessed to have found such an amazing company some many years ago.

Cons

The cons are normal...it's work. Keep playing Lotto.

Advice to Management

Don't lose that special quality as we continue to get bigger. The quality is that everyone matters. Every company experiences growing pains. The thing that sets Venterra apart is that there is a good amount of focus and attention on the employees. As leaders we need to make sure we never lose sight of this. This is what makes us great.

Jul 25, 2018 – Chief Operating Officer

Thanks for the review! We’re also happy that you found us when you did, and it’s great reading that another work anniversary marks another positive year for you at Venterra. We wouldn’t be where we... More

8. "I'm a Venterra Fan!"

I have been working at Venterra Realty full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Venterra truly cares about their team members. We have executives and senior leaders who listen to the employees. Majority of the changes that have taken place within our organization came from our Better Way Program. To add to this, our leaders and the company are surveyed annually. Feedback provided is taken seriously and good things have come from them. For instance, salaries are constantly reviewed and benchmarked. This resulted in salary adjustments outside of the evaluation period. Birthdays off was introduced approximately three years ago. Team Members get to take a free day off to give back to their community (Venterra Cares Program). The list goes on.

More reasons why I love working for Venterra:
    1) Venterra takes fun seriously! Fun Fridays are days our teams look forward to. We get paid to have a good time!
    2) Our WOW and WOWee Programs are celebrated at every property and big winners are recognized during Kick-Off where we get to celebrate successes.
    3) We take our employee experience seriously. In fact, we have an Employee Experience Manager who hosts classes each year all for the sake of improving our work environment.
    4) We have a Better Living Program that encourages employees to set their personal and professional goals.
    5) Venterra promotes from within. The opportunity is there if you work smart and work hard.
    6) Family Fun Days! Everyone gets to enjoy time with their family c/o Venterra!
    7)Venterra offers a summer vacation suite at one of our Orlando Properties- and yes, it's free!!!
    8) We have a great Mentor Program- every position has one Mentor. Talk about giving employees an opportunity for professional growth!
    9) We love our fur babies so Venterra has a Bring Your Pet to Work Day. How awesome is this?!?
    10.) Our Core Values are taken very seriously. It's always brought up during Kick Off, Leadership Conference, Interviews, basically....often!

There's more to this list but I hope this gives anyone reading this a glimpse of what our world with Venterra looks like.

Cons

New initiatives are constantly rolled which is a great thing. Just need to keep up with them.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your people. It's what we love about this company.

Jul 25, 2018 – Chief Operating Officer

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your review and a few of the initiatives you feel make us a great place to work. I’m happy that your years on the team have been so positive and am looking... More

9. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Corporate in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Corporate in Houston, TX

I have been working at Venterra Realty full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Growing company with lots of room for growth. Fast paced and challenging work environment. Everyone has a lot of responsibility and there is never a boring day. This is definitely a work hard/play hard environment. The culture is amazing and senior management invests a lot of time making sure each hire has the necessary skills for the role and is also a culture fit. I am hoping to spend many more years with Venterra!

Cons

I don't have any cons.

Jul 11, 2018 – Chief Operating Officer

We appreciate your review and the hard work (and play!) you’ve put in during your time at Venterra so far. We’re looking forward to the years to come with you on the team, too! If you do spot areas... More

10. "Community Manager"

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Venterra Realty full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I love Venterra and the support I receive from all my colleagues. It is like a family and if you ever need anything you have that support to lean on. They recognize your hard work which is not something that you can easily find in a company and they promote from within. I respect Venterra and feel proud working for this company!

Cons

This is not a con but could be for some--They are constantly enrolling out new stuff but this only helps you grow and keeps you out of your comfort zone!

Advice to Management

Conducting reviews is key and absolutely beneficial to all employees. However, every 3 months is excessive. I wish we could extend this to every 6 months.

Jul 4, 2018 – Chief Operating Officer

Thanks for the feedback! I’m happy reading that your three years with us have been good ones and am looking forward to many more to come. As you mention, change is something that’s required for our... More