Ventiv Technology Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2
Bill Diaz

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"CEO"

I have been working at Ventiv Technology full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have worked for Ventiv for the past 3 years and I have never seen the level of excitement generated by the CEO and his team. Over the past 6 months the shift is palatable. Teams are working together, the culture is fantastic, creating game changing products and we are winning deals at a record pace. All in all, I am glad I am pumped I stayed with Ventiv during the leadership change.

Cons

None since the leadership change.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and continue hiring great team members.

"Not such a great place"

I worked at Ventiv Technology full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits are really competitive, and fair. Pay is pretty good relative to the market.
    Staff members are pretty good to work with and depends where you are.

Cons

Hard to articulate exactly but its clearly tiring having reviews edited or dropped bc of the monitoring of glassdoor. In addition, the culture was in the midst of change and change for the better, but bad mouthing of employees is poor form.

"A great addition"

I have been working at Ventiv Technology full-time

Pros

There is one Executive in particular that has made Ventiv a great place to work. He is: Brainy, Respectful, Energetic, Thoughtful.

Cons

i wish I could spend more time learning from his vast wisdom.

"I'm a boomerang employee, and IMO, Ventiv's new leadership team is having a very, very positive impact"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Ventiv Technology full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I was RIFed in December 2015 and returned to Ventiv in March 2017, following the arrival of the new CEO, Bill Diaz, in January 2017. It's my strong opinion that things are really looking up and moving in the right direction under Bill's leadership. But it's not just looking forward: things are much better and greatly improved RIGHT NOW. The progress I've seen in six months (to say nothing of comparing it to my previous tenure with the company) is remarkable and very encouraging for even greater future growth. Bill has refocused the company's attention on the most important priorities--I find it very refreshing that Bill knows risk management, claims administration, and EH&S inside and out, and he has an amazing insurtech background to tie everything together. Client delivery and support has been completely revamped and is delivering great results: client retention is improving dramatically. We have three truly great products to go into battle with, as Bill puts it: one brand new, two completely rebuilt. I feel great about where we are and about the direction of the company. I'm in the Atlanta HQ office, and I try to talk to as many of my colleagues as I can about what they think, and I get the strong impression that people here have bought into Bill's vision and leadership. We're seeing results that are really reassuring to me and to others: really strong year-over-year sales growth in the first half of this year (strongest in the company's history, actually); numerous new client wins with numerous verbal commitments for more; we've hired lots of new people and will have a higher headcount next year than we do this year. I'm really bullish on Ventiv now and in the future and am really glad that I came back as a "boomerang" employee.

Cons

I know that no job is perfect, and there are challenges everywhere, but honestly, at this point, any cons I would offer are so minor that they don't merit being written up here. The Pros I've written above far outweigh anything that I would see as a con at this time.

"Turning company around...finally!"

I have been working at Ventiv Technology full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The new CEO has been very open about company's past performance and has communicated a plan to get us back as the best in the market. I believe in where the company is headed. After a long time in development, we’ve started releasing new products. They look great and seem to be really good. I’m excited to get my clients on the new platform.

We’ve had some really big new client wins recently which is going put us at a good position. Overall, Ventiv has pretty good benefits and work/life balance is improving with addition of new hires. Everyone at company is really nice and great to work with. Things just seem better now than last year.

Cons

Some areas are a still a bit bureaucratic stemming from the Aon days. The company launched new company culture program a while ago and while it sounds good, I haven’t really seen it embraced throughout company yet.

Advice to Management

As Ventiv continues to rebound and grow, figure out how we can get additional products to market more quickly and provide training on new products quicker.

"Long time employee"

I have been working at Ventiv Technology full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Ventiv's leadership has fostered an environment of energy and innovation. Product development has made huge strides resulting in the absolute best solutions on the market. The excitement is truly amazing and our culture is one of encouragement, personal development and empowerment. I am very proud to be a member of the Ventiv team working with first class colleagues and clients!

Cons

None! The recent changes in leadership and org structure are great! Very happy to be here and part of this team!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

"Sales"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Ventiv Technology full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great, energetic leadership. Fun laid back atmosphere that values you contributions

Cons

None so far. Worked here for 1 year.

"Big Turnaround"

I have been working at Ventiv Technology full-time

Pros

Lots of positive changes with new management. They've thrown out a bunch of the old guard who are former employees writing bad reviews. Great update from our new CEO showing new sales and hiring.

Cons

Still a few negative people around that need to get out of our way.

Advice to Management

More townhalls like this last one.

"Like 2 separate companies"

I have been working at Ventiv Technology full-time

Pros

These reviews all over the place. Some people are clearly upset and blame it all on current management. Truth is that layoffs had happened for awhile and business was struggling. Now, we are clearly adding to staff with many new hires and some recent wins. The haters need to move on.

Cons

Some areas that are still really thin.

"Turning things around!!!"

Pros

Incredibly hard working and talented staff. Great updated products that need to be rolled out to client base. Fantastic core client base. Making up ground where the lack of investment in the software over the past few years took its toll on the company.
    Large change in the delivery model is allowing staff better access to fix client problems faster.

Cons

Core knowledge base of products needs improvement, as there was a high turnover. Benefits are weak. Senior management needs to find reasons to have people come work for Ventiv. Unlimited sick time and medical benefits are good. Hangover from the last 2 years of not winning.

Advice to Management

Continue to empower workers to make decisions. Trust your incredible staff. Communicate changes with clients proactively.