Ventiv Technology Reviews | Glassdoor

2.9
Bill Diaz

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"CEO"

I have been working at Ventiv Technology full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have worked for Ventiv for the past 3 years and I have never seen the level of excitement generated by the CEO and his team. Over the past 6 months the shift is palatable. Teams are working together, the culture is fantastic, creating game changing products and we are winning deals at a record pace. All in all, I am glad I am pumped I stayed with Ventiv during the leadership change.

Cons

None since the leadership change.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and continue hiring great team members.

"Professional Service"

I have been working at Ventiv Technology full-time

Pros

People are friendly, smart, and good at what they do.

Cons

No clear vision of product and service strategy. Too much smoke and mirrors.

Advice to Management

Stop having affairs with subordinates.

"Heavy in Technical Debt"

I worked at Ventiv Technology full-time

Pros

They have a decent self-hosted claims administration. But in the risk business, they're in big trouble.

Cons

Think technical debt. HEAVY with it.

Advice to Management

Maybe skip all the smoke and mirrors, skip taking absurd shortcuts, and perhaps think about providing actual value to your clients. You know. The basics.

"Dysfunction at the highest levels"

I worked at Ventiv Technology full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The originals that are left are great people. Have lost massive talent in the last year.

Cons

Bad management, poor moral compass, terrible results, bad customer satisfaction, losing major accounts every month and hiding it from staff. Poor form blaming everyone that leaves as the reason for the poor performance and clients know it’s the current leadership and approach that’s making them want to leave. Tough to weather the lack of direction and their past experience is an indicator of future performance we are all in trouble.

Advice to Management

Too far gone

"Highly Dysfunctional"

I have been working at Ventiv Technology full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Smart people at the staff and field level. Some great clients remaining. Decent pay and benefits

Cons

The threatening culture should stop. Clients are leaving. Narcissistic behavior by Exec Management. Disrespectful to staff and our intelligence about the senior leadership dysfunction and bad behavior with staff. The data breach , poor results, worst client satisfaction scores and really lack of attention to clients is going hurt. if we did so great with this team why did the bonuses suffer so badly? doesn't make sense.

Definitely a lack of respect for the staff that works hard to make things right for the clients.
    culture is toxic and you have to be a part of the club or risk being alienated, dismissed, disregarded, etc.

Advice to Management

we see things

"It doesn't matter what I say here"

I worked at Ventiv Technology full-time

Pros

Smart, talented people who work hard to service clients in spite of a lack of investment in training.

Cons

It doesn't matter what I say here as Glassdoor will take down the review after a complaint from Ventiv but a recent data breach exposed the names and at least SSNs of a large number of employees, both past and present. This lack of discipline in basic employee relations reflects Ventiv's attitude in recent years. Anybody up for a sale?

Advice to Management

Maybe let this review stand? Yeah, nevermind.

"A great addition"

I have been working at Ventiv Technology full-time

Pros

There is one Executive in particular that has made Ventiv a great place to work. He is: Brainy, Respectful, Energetic, Thoughtful.

Cons

i wish I could spend more time learning from his vast wisdom.

"I'm a boomerang employee, and IMO, Ventiv's new leadership team is having a very, very positive impact"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Ventiv Technology full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I was RIFed in December 2015 and returned to Ventiv in March 2017, following the arrival of the new CEO, Bill Diaz, in January 2017. It's my strong opinion that things are really looking up and moving in the right direction under Bill's leadership. But it's not just looking forward: things are much better and greatly improved RIGHT NOW. The progress I've seen in six months (to say nothing of comparing it to my previous tenure with the company) is remarkable and very encouraging for even greater future growth. Bill has refocused the company's attention on the most important priorities--I find it very refreshing that Bill knows risk management, claims administration, and EH&S inside and out, and he has an amazing insurtech background to tie everything together. Client delivery and support has been completely revamped and is delivering great results: client retention is improving dramatically. We have three truly great products to go into battle with, as Bill puts it: one brand new, two completely rebuilt. I feel great about where we are and about the direction of the company. I'm in the Atlanta HQ office, and I try to talk to as many of my colleagues as I can about what they think, and I get the strong impression that people here have bought into Bill's vision and leadership. We're seeing results that are really reassuring to me and to others: really strong year-over-year sales growth in the first half of this year (strongest in the company's history, actually); numerous new client wins with numerous verbal commitments for more; we've hired lots of new people and will have a higher headcount next year than we do this year. I'm really bullish on Ventiv now and in the future and am really glad that I came back as a "boomerang" employee.

Cons

I know that no job is perfect, and there are challenges everywhere, but honestly, at this point, any cons I would offer are so minor that they don't merit being written up here. The Pros I've written above far outweigh anything that I would see as a con at this time.

"Turning company around...finally!"

I have been working at Ventiv Technology full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The new CEO has been very open about company's past performance and has communicated a plan to get us back as the best in the market. I believe in where the company is headed. After a long time in development, we’ve started releasing new products. They look great and seem to be really good. I’m excited to get my clients on the new platform.

We’ve had some really big new client wins recently which is going put us at a good position. Overall, Ventiv has pretty good benefits and work/life balance is improving with addition of new hires. Everyone at company is really nice and great to work with. Things just seem better now than last year.

Cons

Some areas are a still a bit bureaucratic stemming from the Aon days. The company launched new company culture program a while ago and while it sounds good, I haven’t really seen it embraced throughout company yet.

Advice to Management

As Ventiv continues to rebound and grow, figure out how we can get additional products to market more quickly and provide training on new products quicker.

"Long time employee"

I have been working at Ventiv Technology full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Ventiv's leadership has fostered an environment of energy and innovation. Product development has made huge strides resulting in the absolute best solutions on the market. The excitement is truly amazing and our culture is one of encouragement, personal development and empowerment. I am very proud to be a member of the Ventiv team working with first class colleagues and clients!

Cons

None! The recent changes in leadership and org structure are great! Very happy to be here and part of this team!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!