Ver-A-Fast Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "CSR"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Rocky River, OH
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Rocky River, OH

I worked at Ver-A-Fast part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Loved the position and the flexibility

Cons

Independent contractor as a 1099

Advice to Management

All of the management that I was working under has always been very helpful and pleasant to work for

2. "No long term benefits"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative Representative in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative Representative in Houston, TX

I worked at Ver-A-Fast part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The job is usually part time
    You can pick your hours
    You can use your cell phone
    Paid through direct deposit
    Job is super easy to complete
    Keeps you busy
    Work from home

Cons

You're calling about ads and coupons
    Clients are rude
    Scripts are extremely long, usually get hung up on; don't get paid for those calls
    You go through so many calls and not even half of those you get paid for
    If they choose to continue subscribing to coupons and ads you get a successful call and then you get a reflection in your pay
    Alot of calls drop before connecting
    Have to know time zone differences before calling

Advice to Management

Don't reprimand employees without helping them in terms of how to make a call go through smoothly. Have a better solution of how to respond to an irate caller who doesn't want to be put on the DNC list. Since we cannot just offer up that option.

"seen better days"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Ver-A-Fast full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

there are not that many

Cons

all of the upper management lies to you

Advice to Management

go back two years and start over from there

4. "Awesome contracting job."

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Youngstown, OH
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Youngstown, OH

I have been working at Ver-A-Fast as a contractor (More than 5 years)

Pros

Verafast has helped me stay at home and raise my kids. I have been here for 5 years plus and have advanced many times in the company. I am able to be a work at home mother and make a great life out of working here. You must have dedication to ...More Ver-a-fast has helped me stay at home and raise my kids. I have been here for 5 years plus and have advanced many times in the company. I am able to be a work at home mother and make a great life out of working here. You must have dedication to your hours. Working from home is not a easy task. You must have self motivation and discipline . If you don't falsify work and you are hard working and honest you can make money. Reading the review from others I find it very funny considering that those who post negative reviews were either not meeting hours or stealing from the same company who supplies me with a Awesome job opportunity.... Sorry you will get let go if you want to try to bite the hand that feeds you. I am but beyond happy with how far I have come with this company

Cons

If you can not manage your time with your family or keep a professional work environment this would not be for you.

Advice to Management

I believe the management team does a wonderful job with the independent contractors that contract. It is not a easy job dealing with such negativity all the time and it's not only stressful on the contractors but also the AC's of each crew.

5. "Not bad for a work from home job"

Former Employee - Telemarketer in Saint Augustine, FL
    Former Employee - Telemarketer in Saint Augustine, FL

Pros

Hired easily,easy training and flexible scheduling loved to be at home

Cons

Pay could be better nothing else great job

6. "Not bad actually"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chillicothe, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chillicothe, OH

Pros

yea, you get hang ups and some cranky people, but most have been very nice. You have to have a 16hr min a week schedule, but you can work more if the line is open. There are also bonuses available! I'm also on an excellent team that I absolutely love!!

Cons

Sometimes campaigns won't be available because of a downturn, but it is usually short lived

Advice to Management

Always stick up for your employees. I've heard bad things from others that have gotten on bad teams. My team lead sticks up for her employees and never ever puts us down in anyway and doesn't push us.

"Completely not worth the time and headache!"

Former Contractor - Call Center Agent in Chillicothe, OH
    Former Contractor - Call Center Agent in Chillicothe, OH

I worked at Ver-A-Fast as a contractor

Pros

There are no good reasons to work at this company. You are required to work at least 16 hrs per week with 8 being on nights and weekends. You're supposed to be able to work the hours you want, but that's conpletely not true. You have to schedule times that you will be online. And if you don't, you cannot get a campaign to work on. You have anything going on in your life like illness, vacation (even if you notify them, and they say it's ok), or pretty much anything that could keep you from working your scheduled hours, you're out of luck. You can try to make up the hours, but that's next to impossible. I worked 14 of my 16 hours one week because my father was in the hospital, and literally made $19.26 for that week. You also only get to change your scheduled hours once every 30 days. You read directly from the script and are told not to deviate from it. The scripts are way too long, and people don't want to hear it all. It's also trying to see if people want a newspaper! Paper newspapers that almost no one get anymore unless they don't have a computer. You do occasionally get campaigns to thank people for something like donating blood, but they are rare and short-lived. The commission makes no sense, and I was told I could make anywhere from $200-$300 per week. The most I made was $53 in one week because you have so many people that hang up on you, people demanding to be put on the DNC list, dead air, and many that don't speak English. They try everything to make sure you don't get your commission. If you don't get to your rebuttal for someone who says "no", you get nothing but an email complaining how you didn't use your rebuttal. I tried to tell them that's it's not the agents' fault. It's because nobody wants the stupid newspaper! You start out making calls to see if they receive a certain newspaper in their area. And if not, you have to try to get them to sign up to receive a packet of ads. Then I started to get campaigns where I had to try to get people to accept a free trial of the newspaper, and then pay so much after it's over. The trial doesn't stop on it's own. And if I didn't get hung up on before that point in the script, I did then. They make it sound so easy and so good, but it is not! Do not apply! Do not bother with this company!

Cons

Everything! There is nothing good about this company.

Advice to Management

Quit lying to people about how much they could make and how easy it is to make that money. Quit lying about working when you want. Get up with the times! You do realize it's 2016 right? My 80 year old mother is the only person I know that still gets a paper newspaper. And if you're going to stick with what you do, at least pay people something better than what you do for what they have to put up with.

"OMG!!! RUN, DON;T WALK, AWAY FROM THIS JOB/COMPANY"

Current Employee - TSR in Rocky River, OH
    Current Employee - TSR in Rocky River, OH

I have been working at Ver-A-Fast part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Slightly flexible schedule. Scripts for all calls – no need to ad lib a conversation.

Cons

You are basically trying to convince people to accept delivery of the ads and coupons [some might call it junk mail] from the local Sunday paper to non-subscribers. You earn credits based on the results of that phone call. Your pay is based on how many credits you earn for each project. Credit values change weekly so you are never able to earn the same credits each week for the same project. The commission structure is too secretive and subjective to the whims of the reviewers who are ALWAYS trying to find ways to take credits [your hourly pay] from you; plus, you are never told how your pay for the week was determined only how many credits you earned for the paycheck. The scripts are too long and confusing and are created so that you earn fewer credits. If you make a mistake in your coding, you get non-qualified; if you write the wrong comment, you get non-qualified; if you don’t choose the correct gender, you get non-qualified; all of which takes credits [money] away from you. The rules of the office are right out of the 80’s!!! This is a call center [not open to the public] paying minimum wage, yet you are expected to wear BUSINESS casual clothes. VER-A-FAST DOESN’T PAY A WAGE THAT IS WORTHY OF WEARING BUSINESS CASUAL CLOTHES!!! The products that we “sell” are old fashioned and not sustainable [printed newspapers and junk mail]. The normal 6 hour shifts have now been reduced to 3 to 4 hours!!! And the commission structure is based on a 20 hour work week, so such a reduction in shift hours means not possibility of making a good hourly wage [another way to pay their TSRs less money]. Their idea of training is to give you a 4 page document with WAY TOO MUCH unnecessary information that we are expected to read and then accurately code the calls. If you don’t put in the right comments for the codes, you are NQ’d. Of course, the reading material NEVER contains what the correct comments should be for each code so, of course, you are NQ’d!!!

Advice to Management

Wake Up!!! It’s the 21st century!!! Start living in the 21st century! The dress code is too old fashioned; the commission structure is too old fashioned; the rules of the floor are too old fashioned; the products are too old fashioned and unsustainable; the employee recognition program [bobby bucks] is too old fashioned;

"Independent Contractor"

Current Employee - Independent Contractor
    Current Employee - Independent Contractor

I have been working at Ver-A-Fast part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Can work from home with some flexible hours, although you have to work within their reserved hours

Cons

Don't waste your time with this lying company! You can make more money working for minimum wage! I'm fixing to quit because if you don't get your 16 hours in a week, your pay is practically nothing! I am having trouble getting my hours in because when I log in to work, they will be out of work for the day. Don't waste your time with Verafast unless you want to work for low low pay!

Advice to Management

Get management that does not lie!

"I wish I had listened."

Former Freelancer - Independent Contractor
    Former Freelancer - Independent Contractor

I worked at Ver-A-Fast (Less than a year)

Pros

Working from home is about the only pro this company has as a whole.

Cons

I wish I had heeded the reviews on here before accept a contract with Ver-A-Fast. I saw the reviews, but I thought they were slightly exaggerated. I mean no company would treat their workers so horribly or pay them so little for that much work, right? Wrong. Ver-A-Fast is that company. I worked an entirety of 16 hours my first shift after training, because my liar of an AC told me that I'd be able to make $200-$300 for working that long. And I was excited, I mean, who wouldn't be. My check came in the mail, and I'd only managed to make $20 for the 16 hours of work I did. Work that had me calling people that sometimes got angry enough to crap on your life, because you called them because you were just doing your job. I quit so fast, it wasn't even funny. I'd rather work 16 hours in a real life setting and make decent money, than work for this parasitic company. I honestly don't know how they've managed to stay in business this long without their Independent Contractors going on strike or starting a virtual riot. But I guess there will always be new suckers (me) that they can lie to and get to work for literally pennies. My advice to anyone wanting to contract with this company is, don't. But if you still feel the need to test out the waters for yourself, I advise you to block out everything you interviewer and AC tell you about the company. They will lure you into feeling comfortable with them, by being nice and complementing you, then they will lie to you. They'll tell you that they were promoted to being an AC because they were so good at being a caller, and that'll give you hope, but it's one of the biggest lies they'll tell you. Only second to the lies about make up to $300 in one week and how easy the job is. Run away from this company and save yourself, because if you work for them, you probably won't even make back the amount of money they asked you to use to send in your contract.

Advice to Management

Dissolve your company or pay your workers an hourly wage, because I'm aware that the companies you contract for pay a lot of money for the work we do. Except that the workers only get a fraction of that money and the rest is pocketed by executives, while the IC's work for next to nothing. That's despicable.