Ver-A-Fast Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "CSR"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Rocky River, OH
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Rocky River, OH

I worked at Ver-A-Fast part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Loved the position and the flexibility

Cons

Independent contractor as a 1099

Advice to Management

All of the management that I was working under has always been very helpful and pleasant to work for

2. "Good place to work"

I have been working at Ver-A-Fast full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have been with the company for many years. I started out on the phones and was promoted up. They prefer to hire from within. Their hours are flexible and they are willing to work with you if you are willing to work with them. The people here are nice. It has been under new ownership for a few years now and the new owners have been making a lot of positive changes and I am looking forward to seeing how this company continues to change.

Cons

Sometimes there is communication issues and things are not clear to understand.

3. "No long term benefits"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative Representative in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative Representative in Houston, TX

I worked at Ver-A-Fast part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The job is usually part time
    You can pick your hours
    You can use your cell phone
    Paid through direct deposit
    Job is super easy to complete
    Keeps you busy
    Work from home

Cons

You're calling about ads and coupons
    Clients are rude
    Scripts are extremely long, usually get hung up on; don't get paid for those calls
    You go through so many calls and not even half of those you get paid for
    If they choose to continue subscribing to coupons and ads you get a successful call and then you get a reflection in your pay
    Alot of calls drop before connecting
    Have to know time zone differences before calling

Advice to Management

Don't reprimand employees without helping them in terms of how to make a call go through smoothly. Have a better solution of how to respond to an irate caller who doesn't want to be put on the DNC list. Since we cannot just offer up that option.

"seen better days"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Ver-A-Fast full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

there are not that many

Cons

all of the upper management lies to you

Advice to Management

go back two years and start over from there

5. "Not bad for a work from home job"

Former Employee - Telemarketer in Saint Augustine, FL
    Former Employee - Telemarketer in Saint Augustine, FL

Pros

Hired easily,easy training and flexible scheduling loved to be at home

Cons

Pay could be better nothing else great job

6. "Not bad actually"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chillicothe, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chillicothe, OH

Pros

yea, you get hang ups and some cranky people, but most have been very nice. You have to have a 16hr min a week schedule, but you can work more if the line is open. There are also bonuses available! I'm also on an excellent team that I absolutely love!!

Cons

Sometimes campaigns won't be available because of a downturn, but it is usually short lived

Advice to Management

Always stick up for your employees. I've heard bad things from others that have gotten on bad teams. My team lead sticks up for her employees and never ever puts us down in anyway and doesn't push us.

"OMG!!! RUN, DON;T WALK, AWAY FROM THIS JOB/COMPANY"

Current Employee - TSR in Rocky River, OH
    Current Employee - TSR in Rocky River, OH

I have been working at Ver-A-Fast part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Slightly flexible schedule. Scripts for all calls – no need to ad lib a conversation.

Cons

You are basically trying to convince people to accept delivery of the ads and coupons [some might call it junk mail] from the local Sunday paper to non-subscribers. You earn credits based on the results of that phone call. Your pay is based on how many credits you earn for each project. Credit values change weekly so you are never able to earn the same credits each week for the same project. The commission structure is too secretive and subjective to the whims of the reviewers who are ALWAYS trying to find ways to take credits [your hourly pay] from you; plus, you are never told how your pay for the week was determined only how many credits you earned for the paycheck. The scripts are too long and confusing and are created so that you earn fewer credits. If you make a mistake in your coding, you get non-qualified; if you write the wrong comment, you get non-qualified; if you don’t choose the correct gender, you get non-qualified; all of which takes credits [money] away from you. The rules of the office are right out of the 80’s!!! This is a call center [not open to the public] paying minimum wage, yet you are expected to wear BUSINESS casual clothes. VER-A-FAST DOESN’T PAY A WAGE THAT IS WORTHY OF WEARING BUSINESS CASUAL CLOTHES!!! The products that we “sell” are old fashioned and not sustainable [printed newspapers and junk mail]. The normal 6 hour shifts have now been reduced to 3 to 4 hours!!! And the commission structure is based on a 20 hour work week, so such a reduction in shift hours means not possibility of making a good hourly wage [another way to pay their TSRs less money]. Their idea of training is to give you a 4 page document with WAY TOO MUCH unnecessary information that we are expected to read and then accurately code the calls. If you don’t put in the right comments for the codes, you are NQ’d. Of course, the reading material NEVER contains what the correct comments should be for each code so, of course, you are NQ’d!!!

Advice to Management

Wake Up!!! It’s the 21st century!!! Start living in the 21st century! The dress code is too old fashioned; the commission structure is too old fashioned; the rules of the floor are too old fashioned; the products are too old fashioned and unsustainable; the employee recognition program [bobby bucks] is too old fashioned;

"Independent Contractor"

Current Employee - Independent Contractor
    Current Employee - Independent Contractor

I have been working at Ver-A-Fast part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Can work from home with some flexible hours, although you have to work within their reserved hours

Cons

Don't waste your time with this lying company! You can make more money working for minimum wage! I'm fixing to quit because if you don't get your 16 hours in a week, your pay is practically nothing! I am having trouble getting my hours in because when I log in to work, they will be out of work for the day. Don't waste your time with Verafast unless you want to work for low low pay!

Advice to Management

Get management that does not lie!

"RUN"

Pros

Work from home, flexible schedule somewhat

Cons

Make no money. Got my first check today and made 14.52. Literally putting 16 hours a week in for pennies. Not worth wasting your time.

"If you like long hours for no money, this job is for you!"

I worked at Ver-A-Fast part-time (More than a year)

Pros

You "only" had to commit to 15 hours a week, with various time slots being mandatory. The calls were easy and usually went pretty fast.

Cons

You don't get paid for wrong numbers or disconnected phone numbers. (Basically any number that didn't give you a PERSON at a residence). Told you can work extra shifts, and then are told to sign out 10 minutes into said shift.

Advice to Management

Get a clue.