Vera Whole Health Reviews

4.3
Vera Whole Health CEO, Founder and President Ryan Schmid
Ryan Schmid
Pros
Cons
  • "They can improve on the benefits, specially on Health insurance since it's currently High Deductible(in 5 reviews)

• "care center for about one month, then reassigned to a third(in 4 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. Featured Review

"Best Place I've Worked"

I have been working at Vera Whole Health full-time for less than a year

Pros

People are amazing, CEO is incredibly honest and true to his word. I would gladly support any one of these individuals blindly in a battle because of how much I trust them as people.

Cons

None. Best place I've worked.

June 1, 2020Vera Whole Health

We're thrilled to hear of your positive experience with the people at Vera, and so grateful for your commitment to be a part of the health revolution. Thank you for taking the time to share and offer feedback on ways we can continue to improve.

2. "Fast paced, compassionate, flexible"

Current Employee - Clinical Education in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Vera Whole Health full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

compassionate culture and empathetic coworkers; flexible scheduling; interesting, challenging, and meaningful work;

Cons

rapid changes can be overwhelming, but also exciting!

November 30, 2020Vera Whole Health

Wonderful to hear of your positive experience at Vera, and that you find the work both challenging and meaningful. Really appreciate you taking the time to share!

3. "high turnover and poor management"

2.0
    Current Employee - PSR I

I have been working at Vera Whole Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nice coworkers, providers seem to care about the patients

Cons

poor management, company does not live their values

4. "Great Vision"

Former Employee - Certified Clinical Medical Assistant

I worked at Vera Whole Health full-time

Pros

great vision, great values, great moto

Cons

Needs better Preceptors for training

5. "Solid company with good benefits and a great mission"

Current Employee - Whole Health Coach in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Vera Whole Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

their mission of a health resolutions is great, transparency and support at all levels, competitive pay with good benefits

Cons

limited locations which require you to live in the area where their care centers are located

October 12, 2020Vera Whole Health

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience at Vera. We're so grateful for your partnership in transforming healthcare!

6. "This is a great company!"

Current Employee - Clinical Educator in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Vera Whole Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

I can honestly say that I'm very happy to be an employee here. I've never been employed with a company who invests so much into making sure I'm ok and have what I need to fulfill my duties. For example the concept of mindfulness, Vera makes sure we are allowed to have mindful moments and creates space for self care, even if it is in the middle of the day. It is also so refreshing to work for a company that actually listens to its employees. The CEO all the way down are very transparent and keeps the entire company up to speed on important company information. It is a breathe of fresh air and make me want to work harder to help Vera with their continued success. The hardest part of working here is trying to train yourself to be more mindful and not be rushed or feel the need to rush. The work load is manageable and the culture is amazing!

Cons

Some limited benefit options available

October 12, 2020Vera Whole Health

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. It's great to hear of your experience, and especially hearing that you feel supported through mindfulness exercises and transparency. It's important to us to know how we can continue to help you do what you do best!

7. "A Mission and Culture that Make a Difference"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Vera Whole Health full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

CEO is the real deal. Visionary, Empathetic, Open to Ideas and Change Culture is paramount and drives people and business decisions consistently. If it's not for you, don't take the job Colleagues want to be there, are sincerely kind, and walk the talk (or they don't last) The Mission matters and makes a difference, one client at a time and with proven results Benefits are solid for a healthcare company that doesn't attract and waste stupid levels of investor funding and then flame out like many tech companies do. Tremendous sharing of information from the CEO, it's unprecedented.

Cons

It's an organization that is evolving, with growing pains, periodic ambiguity, and systems and business processes in development. If you are at the beginning of your career and need a lot of guidance you may flounder. If you have high self-accountability and are proactive, you can succeed. It’s still a small org so career growth comes from personal initiative to take on new challenges and skills.

8. "Great Company!"

Current Employee - Medical Assistant in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Vera Whole Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

Competitive pay and generous PTO

Cons

Minimal options for medical, dental, and vision benefits.

November 30, 2020Vera Whole Health

Thanks for sharing your experience at Vera! We're happy to hear that it's been a positive one, and appreciate you taking the time to share opportunities for us to consider as we grow.

"Sinking Ship"

1.0
    Former Employee - Family Nurse Practitioner in Seattle, WA

I worked at Vera Whole Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great team of coworkers, competitive pay

Cons

TERRIBLE management; they roll things out/implement changes without any plan on execution or awareness of how it will impact the people on the ground actually treating patients. Very top heavy organization with a lot of people who don't actually practice medicine telling practitioners how to practice medicine. The values/vision used to resonate but over time eroded to be just like any other money obsessed company that cares more about VC dollars than people (and they're still massively in the red). I would be very surprised if they make it through the fiscal year.

September 23, 2020Vera Whole Health

We’re really sorry to hear of your poor experience at Vera. It sounds discouraging and like you felt things weren’t operating the way they should be. If you’re open to it, we’d like to follow-up personally to discuss your feedback and how we could do better. Given this forum is anonymous, we invite you to email our team directly at peoplestrategy@verawholehealth.com so that we may reach out personally.

10. "A company with a heart"

Current Employee - Family Nurse Practitioner in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Vera Whole Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company genuinely cares about people and go above and beyond to express it.

Cons

Contracts with employers can be challenging

August 10, 2020Vera Whole Health

Thank you for your review! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience working at Vera. We're thrilled to hear it's been a positive one and are so grateful for your partnership in changing the face of healthcare.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 76 English Reviews