Vera Whole Health Reviews | Glassdoor

4.7
Vera Whole Health CEO Ryan Schmid
Ryan Schmid
  1. Featured Review

"Authentic and genuine company trying their best to provide a better healthcare option"

Current Employee - Trainer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Vera Whole Health full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Stays focused on their mission as well as their values. Really invests in their employees personal and professional development. Genuinely cares about their people and their clients. Job benefits and pay are getting better every year. Lots of opportunity for growth. Flexible work environment for non clinical roles. Very supportive and fun work environment.

Cons

Fast paced and can feel unorganized sometimes. It requires a type of person who loves being self motivated, innovative and adaptable. It's not a perfect company but one of the best I've seen for sure! And they are CONSTANTLY doing everything they can to grow and improve.

Vera Whole Health2019-08-19

August 29, 2019Vera Whole Health

We sincerely thank you for sharing your experience at Vera. Hearing that you feel cared for and supported in your work means the world to us. It's hard work you're doing and we're honored to partner with employees like you who are dedicated to changing healthcare.

2. "Great mission, great people"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Vera Whole Health part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I've been working with Vera for some time now, and I can honestly say that the organization has stayed true to their mission since day one. Founded on health coaching principles, the model is unique in that it ensures time-rich appointments and a space for patients to build relationships with their care team, empowering them to achieve real behavior change. And it's the people here that live and breathe that mission..., and create the culture that makes Vera so unique. It's challenging work, too, so it's pretty cool to share that journey with a team committed to serving others and changing lives in a big way.

Cons

Like any company experiencing rapid growth, there have definitely been growing pains. No denying that. But I'd argue that's true for anything worth fighting for. If you're not adaptable or open to change, it may not be the place for you. On the other hand, if you're up for the challenge and seeking opportunity for personal and professional growth, it's an exciting ride.

Advice to Management

Continue to maintain transparency and emphasize communication across the organization through initiatives like 'Let's Get Curious' Q&As with Ryan, our CEO, and monthly organization-wide Team Esteem meetings. And hone in on clear communication at the team level too, especially during periods of rapid growth.

Vera Whole Health2019-10-16
  3. "Changing Primary Care"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Vera Whole Health full-time for less than a year

Pros

Vera's team from top to bottom has unified goals. As a lower level employee I felt like my opinion and skills were valued by everyone I interacted with. I applied for Vera due to their mission but felt it was too good to be true. The interview and training process confirmed that they actually care about their mission and are following through with it - which is atypical to healthcare.

Cons

Probably common for a growing company but I feel ownership of certain tasks is hard to determine.

Vera Whole Health2019-10-08
  4. "Passionate people motivated by a mission to create a better health care experience"

Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Vera Whole Health full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Opportunity to work with smart, fun people that care about trying to do the right thing. Culture that assumes positive intent and supports rapid improvement through taking risks. Ability to make a big impact if you invest your skills and energy.

Cons

Competing priorities and frequent change can leave people feeling pulled in multiple directions or stretched thin.

Vera Whole Health2019-09-17

September 30, 2019Vera Whole Health

Thanks for taking the time to share your honest feedback. It's hard work you're doing and we're so happy to hear that you enjoy the people you're doing it with -- and feel empowered to make an impact. You surely are, and we couldn't do what we're doing without you.

5. "Creating a health revolution."

Current Employee - CMA in Lees Summit, MO

I have been working at Vera Whole Health full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people I work with are amazing. Corporate is open to listen to the employees. The company is growing fast and there are opportunities to grow within. Corporate wants employees to uphold their values and mission so they have created an 8 hour “training “ session to instill it into employees with the hope that each one will make a difference and spread the joy per se. I love that. The benefits are great.

Cons

They are working out “cons” as they grow. I’m confident that corporate is listening and doing their best to tackle cons along the way.

Advice to Management

Give gratitude where it is due. People who feel valued will always do more. Please listen to your employees feedback with ongoing issues, to help resolve them. Communication is key.

Vera Whole Health2019-09-05

September 30, 2019Vera Whole Health

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. It's nice to hear that you enjoy your team and feel listened to across all levels of the organization. That's really important to us and we'll keep working to optimize our communication channels to ensure employees are both heard and informed. We're really grateful to partner with you on this journey to transform healthcare.

6. "Walks the talk"

Current Employee - Proposal Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Vera Whole Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

Coworkers, mission, values, flexibility, empathy is the core of the company and I've experienced it first-hand. A lot of growth and opportunity to move to new roles or create a new role to use your skills. On a personal note, I had some health issues in 2018 that required me to be out of work for 4 months and they were beyond accommodating to me - my back to work schedule was flexible, eased back into full time... over many months, allowed me to work on easier projects until I was up to speed, very supportive of a remote work culture. The way a company treats its employees says a lot. The most supportive company I've ever worked for and I cant say how appreciative I am for their flexibility during this time. Thank you!

Cons

Not a con, but a lot of growth and change happening now. Vera is doing everything it can to be open, transparent and communicate changes to employees. All companies experience growing pains, which some employees cant manage well and may be better suited working for a smaller org. I'm excited about the growth.

Advice to Management

Communicate, communicate, communicate. Over communicate if needed as changes are happening quickly and while leadership may be aware of the details, front line employees need to be kept in the loop as much as feasibly and responsibly possible.

Vera Whole Health2019-09-11

September 30, 2019Vera Whole Health

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Vera. It's really nice to hear that you feel supported in an environment that puts empathy first and meets our employees where they are, personally and professionally. We're grateful for employees like you and will keep working to optimize organization-wide communication to best support you. We know it's really important, especially as we scale.

7. "outstanding team"

Current Employee - Accountant in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Vera Whole Health full-time

Pros

Great management, communication is outstanding and the direction of the company strategy is clear and straightforward.

Cons

None encountered so far, all the issues are resolved in a timely manner

Advice to Management

Keep on doing the good work, the results speak for themselves.

Vera Whole Health2019-08-14

August 19, 2019Vera Whole Health

Thanks for sharing your feedback. It's good hearing that you feel communication is a differentiator at Vera. It's important to us to keep our employees informed of who we are and where we're going, especially as we scale.

8. "Growing opportunity w great staff"

Former Employee - Health Coach in Seattle, WA

I worked at Vera Whole Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

Variety of populations, challenging and fun work flow, great fellow coaches

Cons

Ridgid scheduling, needed more autonomy

Advice to Management

Allow coaches to determine own schedules and work from jome

Vera Whole Health2019-08-14

August 19, 2019Vera Whole Health

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. It's really great to hear that you found your work at Vera both challenging and enjoyable. We acknowledge what we're doing isn't easy and are beyond grateful to work with people like you who make it fun.

9. "Best place I ever worked"

Current Employee - Whole Health Coach in Flagstaff, AZ

I have been working at Vera Whole Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company is very transparent and truly cares what their employees think and want. Great leadership. Best salary I've made as a Coach. I love their philosophy.

Cons

They are working on better benefits. At least we are now able to utilize our own health centers for most health care.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing! I feel heard and cared for!

Vera Whole Health2019-08-10

August 13, 2019Vera Whole Health

Wow, truly an honor to hear that Vera is the best place you've worked. And that you feel valued and cared for as an employee. This means the world to us and we'll keep it up. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

10. "Meaningful Work and Mission"

Current Employee - Clinical Educator in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Vera Whole Health full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Vera's core values of mindfulness, continuous learning and innovation promotes a creative work-space for self starters. The company provides an environment that fosters growth, both personally and professionally. The heath coaching benefit given to employees and the clients they serve is excellent. Vera values their people and that is evident with how thoughtful the people development and recognition programs are.

Cons

With growth comes change, that can be uncomfortable at times. If you don't enjoy leaning into discomfort and growing from it, Vera won't be the right fit for you. If that sounds exciting, come along for the ride!

Advice to Management

Keep our company culture alive and thriving, it is powerful and deeply meaningful. Keep welcoming feedback and growing from it.

Vera Whole Health2019-08-10

August 13, 2019Vera Whole Health

Thank you for sharing this thoughtful review. We're thrilled to hear you feel that Vera creates a space for continuous learning and provides opportunity for growth personally and professionally. Taking care of our people has always been and will continue to be a priority for us. It's hard work we're doing and we couldn't do it without you.

Found 46 reviews