Cover image for Vera Whole Health

Healthcare

14h

a

HIM

I'm a RN by title but left the profession to pursue other things. I'm currently in HIM dept at our local hospital, I'm tossing around becoming a coder. Has anyone on here ever switch gears and branched of their nursing education and go to coding or something in healthcare? Please share your experiences or suggestions.

24 Comments

Healthcare

125.6K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/medicine-2/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Vera Whole Health~926125
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about Vera Whole Health? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Vera Whole Health employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great culture, supports employee growth in areas of personal development, mindfulness(in 6 reviews)
  • "The people I work with are amazing.(in 5 reviews)
  • "Commute benefits are good enough(in 5 reviews)
  • "Vera offers 4 weeks of PTO to full(in 4 reviews)
  • "Also, if you are working with a great team, you have the opportunity to do a lot of learning and growing with your team.(in 4 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Veteran Status

This rating reflects the overall rating of Vera Whole Health and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years
    Featured Review

High growth company

Aug 10, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great new leadership team that is driving two organizations together. Great business model that will grow significantly.

Cons

Fast paced and quickly changing environment.

Vera Whole Health

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts, we’re excited about the opportunities for learning and growth at Vera these days too! Change takes a certain amount of tolerance for ambiguity, so we encourage you to do all you can to avoid burnout along the way; thank you for your years of service at Vera – may there be many more to come!

2. 5.0

Great employer!!

Jun 2, 2022 - Medical Assistant in Kansas City, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing company to work for!

Cons

Benefits not as affordable as some.

Vera Whole Health

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! We are so happy to hear that your time at Vera has been a positive one. We listen carefully to feedback from our employees, especially as it relates to employee satisfaction, and your feedback is important for our continued growth and transformation. Please feel free to share your experiences and suggestions with your direct manager and the People Strategy team, and thank you for all you do!

3. Join the Vera Whole Health team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 3.0

It’s Fine

Nov 18, 2022 - Field Support
    Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent flexibility and work life balance.

Cons

The very first virtual happy hour I joined they said “we check out your social media to make sure we knew who you voted for and that we like what you like.” Which is not only illegal but made me vastly uncomfortable. This was just the start of the “inclusion” that was exemplified in my time there. I heard multiple jokes regarding religion and people’s personal beliefs. There were countless meetings where I felt so uncomfortable by the conversation that I wanted to just log off. The trajectory of your career is disregarded and you are told over and over that the mission is Vera.

1 person found this review helpful
  5. 4.0

Amazing Vision and People, Terrible Execution

Mar 25, 2022 - Medical Assistant/Preceptor in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I had the opportunity to work in one of their new markets. With the exception of a few people, almost everyone I worked with both laterally and above me were incredible, intelligent, kind people. The health insurance was INSANELY good, and there are other benefits that made me feel extremely valued and made my life outside of work nice/comfortable. 2 Company wide meetings every week that were always extremely transparent from the top-down, and these meetings helped keep everyone on the same page. They are a very tech-forward company and really like to use tech smartly. CEO is passionate, very caring, and works extremely hard to foster an environment that is inclusive and is in alignment with the values of the company, never did I feel he was fake or that his talk was "cheap".

Cons

The absolute worst EMR I have ever used in my entire career. Upper management refuses to manage providers that are rude/hostile. When bringing up issues regarding providers/management there was a lot of retaliation from these managers/providers after the fact. Regional management plays favorites, and if you are not the favorite it is very clear. Favorited employees aren't held accountable for their actions and instead management and those employees blame everyone else.

3 people found this review helpful

Vera Whole Health

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate your openness to share your experience in such detail. This feedback is critical to better understand where we are excelling and where there are opportunities for us to improve. That said, privacy is at the forefront of our minds when it comes to employee concerns and we are disappointed to hear that you felt that was not the case in your experience. We would appreciate learning more about your perspective if you are willing to share. Given this feedback forum is anonymous, please reach out to peoplestrategy@verawholehealth.com.

6. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great coaching job

Dec 9, 2022 - Whole Health Coach in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Being a health coach at one of the medical clinics gave me insight into the medical field. Also, if you are working with a great team, you have the opportunity to do a lot of learning and growing with your team. The sessions are 30 minutes with patients and that is just enough time to get some decent goals for most patients.

Cons

If you are having trouble with your team and your clinic, and can be hard to go to a different clinic. A great experience could depend on your manager (which is true for most jobs).

7. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Could be great but it's not

Aug 2, 2022 - Patient Service Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

The culture is supposed to be great, but we were not included in anything. Working from home is great. Benefits are good.

Cons

There are no downsides to Vera, but the call center at Vera is awful. Was not treated well.

Vera Whole Health

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, we appreciate your candor about your experiences as a Vera employee. We are happy you were able to experience the Vera “vibe” from some of our employee meetings, and we take your comments to heart as we work to deepen our company culture of “Do Well and Do Good.” Thank you again for sharing your thoughts.

8. 4.0

Vera

Jul 6, 2022 - Medical Assistant in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits Health-focused culture PTO Positive work environment

Cons

Pay Little growth opportunities in the clinical setting

Vera Whole Health

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, and for tagging so many things about Vera that you like! We recognize your concerns about pay and professional growth and applaud your desire to progress; Vera is committed to helping our employees continuously learn and grow, as we are to keeping wages competitive in the markets we serve. We encourage you to take advantage of our tuition reimbursement program, explore the broad range of learning opportunities in Bridge, and keep an eye on open positions of interest, as we prioritize conversations with employees when they apply (even if not fully qualified for the role). Also, don’t wait for the next review period to speak with your manager about your goals for professional development. Finally, remember that our People Strategy team is here to support your professional growth in any way we can. Thank you for all that you do at Vera!

9. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Not what it was cracked up to be

Aug 16, 2022 - Certified Medical Assistant in Spokane, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Some good ideas and concepts of what they ***wanted*** to try to deliver.

Cons

Management at the clinic level had no idea what was actually going on. They could give corporate responses all day, and knowing that it was not right.

Vera Whole Health

Thank you for taking time to leave your review, your honest feedback is welcomed. We would love to learn more about your experience and your suggestions for improving manager skills; if you would like to have that conversation confidentially, please contact our People Strategy Team at peoplestrategy@verawholehealth.com . Thank you!

10. 1.0
    Current Employee

Was great but not anymore!

Jun 27, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good mission and stated values

Cons

Headquarters and management does not care about clinic staff, just trying to wring every last drop out of people doing actual patient care. The quality of people hired has tanked, especially in clinic managers. They care more about hiring people focused on numbers and metrics than hiring people that are smart, competent and caring. Also zero opportunities for any type of career advancement!

1 person found this review helpful

Vera Whole Health

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, and for considering Vera’s mission & values as a positive aspect of working here; we think it is, too! We also want to acknowledge your frustrations and thank you for your honesty in telling us about your personal experience. Your perspective is important and one we’d like to learn more about; please consider reaching out to our people strategy team at peoplestrategy@verawholehealth.com to continue the conversation in confidence. We appreciate you and thank you for all you do!

11. 1.0
    Former Employee

In theory a good place to work... in theory.

Apr 14, 2022 - Medical Assistant
    Business Outlook

Pros

- They do their best to make sure the patients are taken care of. - Offer a holistic approach to health.

Cons

- Always under staffed. - Little to no communication- when there is, answers are not direct, or are "corporate responses". - Zero transparency with almost anything staff related - Staff have literally quit without giving notice - Management is not readily available. - Staffed used software is seriously out of date. When you bring it to attention of the higher ups, you get told that they cannot afford to improve. - Despite the fact that they offer a great deal of PTO, it takes a lot to get it approved. - Management positions are given to people who have never worked in the field and have zero experience.

4 people found this review helpful

Vera Whole Health

Thank you for taking the time to write review. We’re sorry to hear about your experiences and appreciate your willingness to share your concerns. If you would like to tell us more or offer thoughts about how we can improve, please reach out to People Strategy (peoplestrategy@verawholehealth.com). We would appreciate the chance to better understand your experience.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 114 Reviews
</>Embed

Vera Whole Health Reviews FAQs

Vera Whole Health has an overall rating of 3.2 out of 5, based on over 114 reviews left anonymously by employees. 54% of employees would recommend working at Vera Whole Health to a friend and 51% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -18% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Vera Whole Health employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.3 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Vera Whole Health. This rating has decreased by -13% over the last 12 months.

54% of Vera Whole Health employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Vera Whole Health 3.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.2 for culture and values and 2.6 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Vera Whole Health to be senior leadership, career development, benefits and the cons to be compensation, management.

Popular Careers with Vera Whole Health Job Seekers