KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Veracode

Engaged Employer

Veracode

Add a Review

Veracode Employee Reviews about "growing pains"

Updated Aug 6, 2020

Found 10 of over 255 reviews

3.2
Veracode CEO Sam King
Sam King
Pros
  • "Great work life balance and the team spirit is awesome(in 14 reviews)

• "Interesting work, energetic employees, bi-annual 3-day hackathons, social events(in 13 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Nothing really can be said, growing pains(in 10 reviews)

• "PM (Product management) while getting better is still WAAAAY behind in talent compared to PM at most other companies(in 6 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Reviews about "growing pains"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to start and/or grow your career

Aug 6, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great opportunity for career growth. If you work hard and are open to advice, there will be plenty of opportunities to grow.

Cons

Experiences growing pains with cross functional alignment. That said, Veracode is always looking to improve.

2. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Happy to be part of Veracode

Oct 7, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have worked at Veracode for under one year and have had a very positive experience. The company has some great perks and treats their employees very fairly. I would have to disagree with some of the negative reviews here simply because I believe they genuinely do not represent the company as a whole or the department and team I am a proud part of.

Cons

• Some minor issues with general communications • Growing pains related to growth (nothing seriously detrimental though) • Uncertainty with recent acquisitions; however management has been doing the best they can to clarify what they know and answer any questions.

Be the first to find this review helpful
    3. 5.0
      Current Employee

Business Development

Nov 13, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great work life balance and the team spirit is awesome

Cons

Nothing really can be said, growing pains

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Tremendous growth, vibrant and fun culture make this company a gem in a garden of rocks

Jul 27, 2016 - Senior Software Engineer in Burlington, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fun, vibrant energetic culture in a company that just turned 10 years old. The growth is unbelievable and even with the new faces every week, culture remains unchanged and this is what drives the morale and enjoyment of coming to work everyday. Plus there is good career development, training not even seen in large companies. This is a Software Engineers dream hands on with the latest most cutting edge technology in the market today. The environment is entrepreneurial and promotes ideas and free thinking.

Cons

Still some growing pains as expected from a startup but not a company at this stage, but kinks are being worked out for the better. Many layers of somewhat unnecessary management in some areas but this is also being addressed. The old regime of employees have either left or been structured out giving way to new employees coming in from all size companies, bringing in fresh ideas and new ways of doing business.

2 people found this review helpful

Manager, Global Talent Acquisition

Thank you very much for the time spent writing this very nice review. Your comments are appreciated and we will do our best to address any feedback you had in regards to fixing our processes and improving our culture.

5. 5.0

Director

Jul 14, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent culture. The people here are smart, fun, caring individuals that are part of making history in the application security industry. Senior management is laser focused on expanding the business, but at a healthy pace.

Cons

We are experiencing growing pains, but these are the kind of problems you want to have with your company.

Manager, Global Talent Acquisition

Thank you for the time spent writing this review. We value our company culture and feel it is one of the many aspects that makes our company great. We are glad you feel the culture is commendable and we appreciate your candidness and responses.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Making a difference in application security

Jun 11, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Opening up a new market for appsec. Company is market leading in product, marketing, and in the strength of the executive team.

Cons

There's a lot to do and not a lot of time. Grown rapidly so some growing pains as the organization matures.

Manager, Global Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to write this very thoughtful review and we do appreciate the comments. We are always looking to improve and we value the opinions of our employees. Thank you.

7. 5.0

Veracode Review

May 26, 2015 - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Although growing quickly, Veracode values innovation and strong engineering talent. The Sr. Team truly cares about the employee; with engagement surveys every 6 months they continually communicate the uncovered challenges and how they are being addressed. I feel employees are a valuable asset.

Cons

The organization is experiencing the growing pains all face when hiring 150 people per year.

3 people found this review helpful

Manager, Global Talent Acquisition

We appreciate your kind remarks and value your feedback. We continue to strive to improve our culture and general caring for our employee welfare and your comments will help us to reach this next level. Thank you.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Veracode is an amazing company.

May 19, 2015 - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

We have a fantastic culture - collaborative, innovative, fun. The people here are brilliant, passionate, supportive and kind. This company is growing fast and has tremendous opportunities. We are definitely in the right place and the right time with the right technology.

Cons

We experience growing pains like any company at our stage.

3 people found this review helpful

9. 4.0
      Current Employee

Thrilled to be part of a great team!

Nov 15, 2013 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great team of coworkers, all driving towards the same goal - to be the best and to improve security standards to secure our customer's information and raise the bar for all. Not only a world-class team, but generous with their time and help to their fellow Veracoders.

Cons

Growing quickly and some growing pains in procedures, office space, and operations, but management continues to strive towards adjusting as we grow. Internal training needs to be improved for all to ensure each person can grow towards their next career within the company.

Be the first to find this review helpful
    10. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

What you hear about this company is all true, it is the best place to work!

Apr 9, 2013 - Security Consultant in Burlington, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great employee population Flexible, collaborative fun culture Start up feel Strong compensation and benefits package Culture club for parties and celebrations Hackathons Awesome reputation

Cons

Some growing pains to be worked out Very fast moving at times and employee wear many hats Hiring lots of senior leadership

Viewing 1 - 10 of 10 English Reviews