KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Veracode

Engaged Employer

Veracode

Add a Review

Veracode Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Oct 7, 2020

Found 17 of over 255 reviews

3.2
Veracode CEO Sam King
Sam King
Pros
  • "Great work life balance and the team spirit is awesome(in 14 reviews)

• "Interesting work, energetic employees, bi-annual 3-day hackathons, social events(in 13 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Nothing really can be said, growing pains(in 10 reviews)

• "PM (Product management) while getting better is still WAAAAY behind in talent compared to PM at most other companies(in 6 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great people, strong leadership

Oct 7, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Solid work-life balance Strong upper management Lot's of opportunity for taking on impactful workRecognizes people who get stuff done

Cons

- Competitive app security market

2 people found this review helpful
    2. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to work.

Feb 26, 2020 - Support Engineer in Burlington, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Team orientated from management down. The culture here is great. Good work-life balance. Everyone has a great attitude.

Cons

Working in a support environment it could be loud at times.

2 people found this review helpful

Current Employee, less than 1 year

Associate Security Program Manager

Apr 1, 2019 - Associate Security Program Manager in Burlington, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible, team atmosphere, culture, training structure, opportunities for advancement, benefits, work life balance

Cons

nothing yet, recent hire. Thank you.

3 people found this review helpful
    5. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Innovative technology / losing it's culture

Aug 9, 2018 - Manager in Burlington, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

* Talented people - *Some of the technology is really great * Fair pay for some * Overall Benefits (at or above average)

Cons

* Work - Life Balance * Loss of Culture * Terrible at internal promotions * Gossiping deep at all levels * HR has completely gone by the wayside * Lack of care around current / internal employees

33 people found this review helpful
    6. 1.0

overworked uncertainty

Sep 22, 2018 - Solutions Architect
      Business Outlook

Pros

Working directly with customers and working from home. Being able to use my deep technical / industry knowledge The senior leadership people in sales (RVP,'s etc) are outstanding, they help kind of take away the negative that we feel directly from the AE's or other sales people.

Cons

Work / Life balance. We are at the disposal of the sales staff. Our resource model doesn't work, we are overworked, pay is fair to good but the load that is put on us especially from certain AE's can be unbearable. It is very easy for a sales person to push all their sales activities as the "experts" and give really really unrealistic timelines that completely disrupt our personal lives. While working remotely is a pro, it can at the same time be a con especially in the way of required travel to HQ or in feeling connected.

17 people found this review helpful
    7. 5.0
      Current Employee

Business Development

Nov 13, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great work life balance and the team spirit is awesome

Cons

Nothing really can be said, growing pains

8. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Best Company I ever worked

May 22, 2017 - UI Developer Intern in Burlington, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent work life balance. Flexible working hours, Helpful colleagues, and very nice working environment.

Cons

No Cons so for. I just felt interns are being payed a bit low.

9. 5.0

Great Place to Work, Bring Your A Game

Nov 8, 2016 - Associate Program Manager in Burlington, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Growing field - Lots of opportunity for internal mobility/growth - Vibrant culture - Great work/life balance

Cons

- Still has some "start-up" problems - Management can be good or bad - Demanding when "on-the-clock"

Manager, Global Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to write this very thoughtful review and we do appreciate the comments. We are always looking to improve and we value the opinions of our employees. Thank you.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

It's what you make of it

Oct 13, 2016 - Senior Software Engineer in Burlington, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company culture, events, and amenities are amazing. Some of the highlights: Hackathons/parties, free food/drink/gadgets, and great office facilities. Virtually anywhere in the company, you'll find yourself surrounded by passionate and competent coworkers. It's an exciting field to work in, and Veracode provides ample opportunities for advancement and change -- both vertically and interdepartmentally.

Cons

Employees often get enough autonomy to cause problems for themselves. While management doesn't ask for anything impossible, overachievers and perfectionists can easily find themselves working late nights and weekends. Management isn't going to keep a pulse on you to be sure you don't burn yourself out. If you struggle with the self-enforcement of a work/life balance at all, this company can bring out the worst of it.

Manager, Global Talent Acquisition

Thank you for the time spent writing this review. We value our company culture and feel it is one of the many aspects that makes our company great. We are glad you feel the culture is commendable and we appreciate your candidness and responses.

11. 4.0

Between 'good' and 'great.' We are catching up with our aspirations, though

Jul 7, 2016 - Senior Software Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

A lot of really great people. Interesting problems. Ongoing positive change. (More bottom-up decisions from engineering, so it's finally getting balanced compared to how 'top-heavy' it has been in the past.) Fairly agile, in the sense of iterative (though not really in the sense of lean/fast). I really do feel good about the future here. Luckily my own manager and team are really excellent. Other teams I interact with often also seem optimistic and motivated. And many of us are given great trust and opportunity. Also, there's some very fun things, such as Hackathons; and a lot of good culture. I am able to achieve great work/life balance. However not everyone is so fortunate. I can't tell exactly what determines this. This a problem to some extent in every company. OVERALL I think we are 'pretty good' in this respect.

Cons

Enterprise problems? It could certainly be worse, far worse. But there's a gap between where we are, and where we need to be to achieve our ambitious goals (and then the next goals after that, and the next goals after that). I'm about to lay into 'some' managers and such, but first let me point out: my direct manager is AWESOME, honestly the best I could imagine. This is a big part of what keeps me here through frustrating patches. I really care about the success of the company, so I get disappointed when I see signs that not all teams are so lucky. (And I know first hand: I've been on one unlucky team for a span... I got really burned out. But thankfully I'm away from it now.) Sometimes of course, corners are cut to get something shipped "faster." Caution quotes, because if it's even "faster" it's only "faster" momentarily. Techdebt compounds, more and more failures happen. Net effect: we are forced to go artificially slow, even *if* we keep cutting corners. God forbid we invest some time to make things better. This then grinds up against the pressure. Familiar stories to many I'm sure, but we also all know it doesn't have to be this way. And I personally think it's not sustainable for a SaaS business to stay that way. On some teams it's a lot better than others. Overall, there are some really great initiatives, and AWESOME cross-team collaboration happening to fix these cons, and get better at getting better. Despite the cons, I'm optimistic.

Manager, Global Talent Acquisition

Thank you for this very insightful review and feedback. We certainly appreciate the time you spent and the comments and we will do our best to evaluate all of your thoughts with the appropriate leadership.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 17 Reviews