Veracyte Reviews in South San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Veracyte full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- Small company with a lot of talented and motivated employees
    - Great products that really make a difference and save patients from expensive, invasive diagnostic procedures
    - Good work/life balance
    - Management is supportive and receptive

Cons

Professional development and career advancement are the responsibility of the employee. Your manager is your coach but the employee is responsible for identifying their career path and utilizing their manager as a resource. This is not necessarily a con, but may not be the right fit for all job seekers.

Veracyte Response

May 5, 2016 – Sr HR Manager

We appreciate your taking time out to highlight some of the things on which we pride ourselves at Veracyte. Regarding career development: people who see opportunities and make things happen are... More

"Depends on your job"

Former Employee - Functionally Assistant Controller in South San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Functionally Assistant Controller in South San Francisco, CA

I worked at Veracyte full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Interesting product
    Some really nice people

Cons

Unless you're in one of the favored departments, good luck being treated well

Veracyte Response

May 5, 2016 – Sr HR Manager

Thanks for your feedback. So glad you appreciate our product(s) and people.

At Veracyte we value the full diversity of functions and talent it takes to make a successful enterprise. That said... More

"Best Lab Team I've ever worked for"

Current Employee - Clinical Laboratory Scientist in South San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Veracyte (More than 3 years)

Pros

This company finances the lab very well, resourcing good scientists and allowing for the decisions that are made to be a) what is best for the quality of testing and b) what will the actual ground level employees (as described by us). The culture is one of teamwork and the team has grown into a true community of givers. That said- takers need not apply as that type of attitude is not tolerated. Our team really looks out for each other and enjoy spending time with each other.

Veracyte has won "Best of the Bay Area" places to work multiple times, as rated by it's own employees, and that's no accident! We are very proud of our company culture and invest in our teams.

Cons

As with any lab using automated systems, recovery from failures in those systems can be frustrating.

Advice to Management

Management is strong here and effectively communicates company-wide goals to all employees. Direct managers then work with employees to set personal goals that help them realize how they can personally help the company achieve those goals.

4. "Great company to work for"

I have been working at Veracyte full-time

Pros

Smart, motivated people.
    Fast-paced.
    Strong culture of teamwork.

Cons

No good restaurants close by for lunch!

"Great company to work for; not so great customer care department management"

Former Employee - Client Services Specialist in South San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Client Services Specialist in South San Francisco, CA

I worked at Veracyte full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great opportunity to learn and grow with a start-up company and learning a different aspect of the biotech/healthcare industry

Cons

Management for the customer care department is unorganized and unprofessional. Start-up companies are challenging to work with being that changes can occur frequently, therefore management should be more approachable when questions arise. Minimal growth opportunities and lack of support from upper management.

Advice to Management

Evaluate the retention rate to determine a plan of action to keep employees motivated to stay. Manage with professionalism and less emotion and be more respectful when communicating with the department.

6. "Great company culture"

I have been working at Veracyte full-time

Pros

Veracyte's executive team are firm believers that happy, supported employees produce great work. They've spent a lot of time (and money) to create and keep up that culture and it really shows. I came from a culture where stress was the norm, but you see a lot of smiles and hear laughter throughout. Managers take the time to show employees growth and career plans so you don't feel like you're stuck in a rut day in and day out. They also are very open with how the company is doing, where we are going, and show gratitude for each team and the work that they do.

There is a flexible working schedule (for most positions), decent benefits, and free shuttles to and from BART and Caltrain.

They also provide a free coffee with a fancy espresso machine, PB&J sandwiches, fruits, and yogurts.

Cons

As a relatively small company, things can change quickly, so you always need to stay on your toes.

7. "This place ROCKS!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Veracyte full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Our patients truly come first, the thyroid-saving Afirma product line is scientifically sound (see the NEJM et al articles) and it yields significant clinical utility, the management team is top shelf, and this company's culture is positively unlike anything that I have ever experienced - we have a ton of FUN!!!!

Cons

The cummute can be tough depending on where you live - but you can take BART/a shuttle and there is lots of free parking!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

"I have good perception of Veracyte. I enjoyed working with the billing unit from 03/19/12-05/31/13."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

I worked at Veracyte full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The staff was cooperative in daily interaction internally with coworkers.

Cons

Some employees were not highly regarded by management, because of
    favoritism in the billing unit.

Advice to Management

Upper management should be professional in treating employees fairly.