Verafast Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.3
Verafast

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "I made good money and the company you call for isn't bad. Made about 16$ an hour but the drive was too far"

Former Employee - Energy Sales in Rocky River, OH
    Former Employee - Energy Sales in Rocky River, OH

I worked at Verafast part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good commissions on Sperian project. Manager knows his stuff and makes sure we got treated well. Flexible hours. Wish it was closer to home

Cons

There S a lady who sits in her office and yells at you if you're having fun. No one knows what she do. The other lady next to her only writes you up for attendance and she pretends she's a manager but she only tries to stir the pot. GROW UP AND LET THE PEOPLE WHO RUN THAT PLACE RUN IT. QUIT TRYING TO DRIVE THE CONTROVERSY. Let real managers tell us what to do! They want us to have fun and make money. Dont be so rude when we dont even know who u are! There a reason everyone wants to be on the sperian project

Advice to Management

Let the speriN guys run the place!! At least they know what they're doing. Get agents benefits! Let employees have fun when they doing good.

"Good job"

I have been working at Verafast part-time

Pros

Very good job I love it.

Cons

However I hate how the paper work is set up I wish it could be online

Advice to Management

Try harder

"WASTE OF TIME"

Current Employee - Verifier in Abilene, TX
    Current Employee - Verifier in Abilene, TX

Pros

Hands off management, you have a few meetings every so often. They keep you up to date in the agent portal. Staff is very friendly when you do communicate with them. VERY easy work. Great if you are only looking for something to do to pass the time, or just make a few extra dollars a week.

Cons

The pay is not great. It is based of a credit system. This is more like pocket change or lunch money, not something you would do to pay the bills. Last few checks have been in the 20-30.00 range. You're basically providing them free service to answer their calls, but only getting paid if the call is successful -someone says yes or no. Which let me tell you...can be few and far in between sometimes. When I first started in a week I would average 90-110.00 that was for about three weeks, after that the work decreased dramatically and it's been 20 -30.00 every since then.

Advice to Management

Pay your workers hourly. We are reserving time out of our day to dedicate to YOUR company answering your calls. It is not much of an incentive to stick around if you show up everyday and do what you are asked to be given a pittance in return.

"Lots of witk"

Pros

You can set your own schedule, as long as it's 16 hours a week. Management is really nice and helpful. You get a whole support team to help you deal with calls and maximize your time on the lines. NO LANDLINE PHONE OR WIRED IBTERNET NECESSARY! so it's great for people with multiple computers in their home and/or they don't own traditional landline service (and don't want to buy it). Plus they have a sweet bonus system, promote their workers, and give out rewards for great work.

Cons

The pay is really, really bad at first. You're paid based on how the customer answers but half the time you get answering machines.You don't get paid until you can get the customer to say yes or no. And it's a credit based system. Each type of a wet is worth only so many points. The first week was only about $64 total, for w whole 16 hour work week. Not good. You really have to stick to it and work it like a full time job to get enough credits to make it worth all 16 hours. definitely not for a part timer that needs substantial cash.

Advice to Management

Make this hourly contract work! It's not worth sitting on the phones for a whole work day, and not making even $40. But other than that, great job!

"Part time customer service"

Pros

Can work from home and somewhat flexible, although you have to pick from their reserved hours and send your schedule in to them and it can't be changed for 30 days

Cons

Don't waste your time with this company! You can make more money working a minimum wage job! You are suppose to get at least 16 hours in a week, but you can't because they will tell you they ran out of work for that day. This position is based on performance & hours worked. No hours no pay!

Advice to Management

Get management that truly care and that will return calls! Get management that will tell you the truth about this company!

"Awful, awful, awful."

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

Pros

Working from home and you can choose to use a cell, landline, or VoIP to make calls.

Cons

You're literally paid cents for the work you do and the credits you earn during a shift. There is no hourly pay. You could spend 7 hours talking to potential customers and you would only end up earning 30 to 40 credits. And that may seem like a lot of credits, but remember that they pay in cents, not dollars, so at the end of a 7 hour work day, you've just barely managed to make $10-$15. I don't know about you, but I wouldn't like to work at a job where your only miniscule pay is determined by whatever mood your customer may be in. If you don't get a sale, you get no points. During the interview process, Ver-A-Fast also tells potential employees that they'll be able to make $200-$350 a week, which is a complete and utter lie. Unless an employee is faking the outcome of calls to get more credits or working 100 hours a week, it's impossible.

Ps - The interviewers/AC's tell you that you won't be making any outbound sales calls, but that's also a lie. The AC's lie to you about everything from your pay, to how "easy" the job is. Because having angry people you don't know curse you out daily is sooooo easy.

Advice to Management

Don't pay your workers such low wages. We do hard, menial work and get so much daily abuse from irate customers only to be paid such little money, it may as well be free labor. Either pay an hourly wage, or increase the earning potential for each credit earned. You have unhappy workers, and that makes for a horrible company.

"It was nice experience but it is not a good fit for a college student in my opinion."

Former Employee - Independent Contractor in Mountain Home, AR
    Former Employee - Independent Contractor in Mountain Home, AR

I worked at Verafast part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Easy to do
    Nice people
    Somewhat flexible hours
    Good pay
    Can learn skills to apply to other customers service jobs
    Okay environment

Cons

Can be a nuisance to get all of your hours
    Pay is hard to understand
    A lot of paperwork and reading are thrown at you

"Currently working from home as CSR"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Dallas, TX

Pros

You make up your own schedule from the availability hours they give you.

Cons

No training (webinars don't count)
    They want you to work on new projects but don't train you, they just type up an email.
    Pressure you to work for good jobs rewards (if someone wants them, trust they will get them)
    When you need them, they can't be reached but when they need you they make sure to call you before any sane person gets their day started.
    No certainty of who's your boss/supervisor etc.
    You're just assigned an 'AC' agent coordinator.
    No ceratinty of when you get paid or if you will get paid.
    You speak to answering machines & rarely live people (mind you everyone at the hours you have to call DO NOT want to be called about newspapers/free coupons..so they are rude)
    Scripts are too long & irritate the callers.
    They randomly threw in sales calls all of a sudden.
    You get paid by credits not the hour.
    Not even sure what we're calling about.
    Was told training was paid but have yet to get paid for it.

All in all I don't think i'll stay long & i just started a month ago.

Advice to Management

Be more interactive with your employees.
    Tell them everything instead of lousy powerpoint like presentations/emails.
    Explain pay rate before anything (no one likes to be unsure/uncomfortable about this)
    Fix your methods of outbound calling.

"Decent paying part-time job with horrible management and atmosphere"

Current Employee - Telemarketer in Rocky River, OH
    Current Employee - Telemarketer in Rocky River, OH

Pros

The pay can be pretty decent for the type of work it is. It is easy, mindless work, and while the pay fluctuates, it sometimes fluctuates to surprisingly great pay weeks.

Cons

Management. I work at the Rocky River location, and the management is cold, heartless, unsympathetic, with a superior attitude. I have come to them in tears telling them of scheduling issues, or medical issues or family deaths, and they very coldly only care about when you are going to make up your hours. I have been there for a very long time, and have never been asked how I am doing (in tough times) or how a surgery went, etc. They love flexing their muscles and do it every chance they get. Also, I feel it to be a hostile work environment. There are days they don't turn the heat on, and you are still expected to come in, hang up your coat, and 'dial with a smile'. They will change the schedule with no notice, and if you are unable to go with the sudden change in flow, they coldly show you to the door. They treat the work environment like you are working for the CIA (Although they are probably more lax). You are not allowed to be away from your desk (including bathroom breaks) for longer than 15 minutes; you are not allowed to check your phone at any time anywhere in the building. You are not allowed to eat or drink anything except water. They never have potlucks or anything to create a fun work environment. You have to dress in your Sunday best to sit on the phones all night interacting with nobody in live person. If someone is due to come into the office, you are to dress in a complete suit if you are a male, (no exaggeration), and if you are a female, you are to dress as formal as possible as well. Even if the visitor is coming during the day shift, the night shift has to dress to the 9's as well. You are not allowed to talk. You are not allowed to ask a question to a peer. They walk up and down the isles like it is a prison. They also change the pay extremely drastically on you with no notice. You can make the same number of sales in one week and make a pretty great pay check, and then the next week have the same number of sales and barely make above minimum wage. They will close for a holiday and you are expected to make it up. If you are unable to, you get written up, no matter what your situation is. Even though they were closed that day. Pretty much everything about the management style is pretty awful. That is probably why there turnover rate is so high.

Advice to Management

People are humans. You should treat them humanely. You act like you are running a prison, and it doesn't make people excited about coming to work. The people right below management are great. All of the coaches, dialers, trainers, etc, are wonderful and try to make it fun. But it is very difficult when management is so cruel and over-the-top. We work for a telemarketing company, not the CIA. If someone has a funeral or a surgery or etc, show some compassion and maybe you shouldn't be so concerned about hos they are going to make that day up. Maybe ask them how they are doing. Maybe have a potluck or something every now and then. I feel like every time I come talk to the person in charge with any issue I am having, I get this smug smirk with anticipation of making me feel even worse. Show appreciation for your workers. It is not a fun job to have, so show appreciation for the people who actually stick it out, rather than making them even more miserable.

"Awesome"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Boise, ID
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Boise, ID

I worked at Verafast full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Insanely easy. It almost seems illegal. You download a computer program and it dials out on your land line.

Cons

It gets pretty repetitive and boring. After a while you feel like freaking out.