Verathon Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Earl Thompson

Pros
  • Great people across the organization (in 5 reviews)

• Heavily dependent on the US sales team success, yet investing wisely for global growth opportunity (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • The company is growing and with that come some growing pains (in 2 reviews)

• Some growing pains in terms of processes and tools that need to be matured a little more, often these causes unnecessary roadblocks and delays (in 2 reviews)

1. "Excellent Growth Opportunity"

I have been working at Verathon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Growth opportunity. Great people. Smaller company, so your work really makes a difference. Recognizes it's employees.

Cons

Manual processes; dated decor in the headquarters

Advice to Management

Needs a remodel to the corporate headquarters

2. "New Hire 2017"

Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer in Bothell, WA
    Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer in Bothell, WA

I have been working at Verathon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This company is on the upswing, big-time. While it has experienced a low in the recent past, upper management realized this and responded to it appropriately, and phenomenally. We have a whole new management structure dedicated to customer satisfaction, product excellence, and employee appreciation. A recipe for success!

Cons

Some temporary teething pains in the onboarding process that will be resolved shortly, I believe. HR is very responsive to feedback and is actively improving the process.

Advice to Management

Keep the momentum of the upswing going. We have discovered the formula for success; let's continue with it. I believe it will show up in the bottom line very soon!

3. "Contractor"

Former Employee - Contractor in Bothell, WA
    Former Employee - Contractor in Bothell, WA

I worked at Verathon (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice, friendly people. Flexible, open environment. Premium level medical devices.

Cons

Outdated office furniture and equipment.

5. "IT Contractor"

Former Employee - IT Consultant in Bothell, WA
    Former Employee - IT Consultant in Bothell, WA

I worked at Verathon (Less than a year)

Pros

I worked with many teams at Verathon as a contractor and everyone was wonderful to work with.

Cons

The pay was lower than market average.

6. "Good Company/Great Leadership"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bothell, WA

Pros

I have been employed at Verathon for less than 2 years now and have been able to witness positive operational changes in the way the business is managed. It has been exceptionally successful with year over year revenue growth producing medical devices that truly make a difference in peoples lives which is what attracted me in wanting to become a member of the team. Change, or rather evolution has also resulted in the recent addition of some new senior leadership who appear invested in ensuring that Verathon is also recognized as a great place to work and have fun. I'm in!

Cons

Growth pains with processes that have been recognized as needing updating.

7. "Great company, motivated coworkers and management"

Current Employee - QA/RA in Bothell, WA
    Current Employee - QA/RA in Bothell, WA

I have been working at Verathon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

+ competitive pay
    + decent intetdepartmental engagement--I feel like my manager/adjacent departments play an active role in my day-to-day projects
    + nice facility, casual atmosphere
    + actively growing company
    + solid product catalog

I had never heard of the company pre-hire; they are petty big players in the med device scene and have a great reputation. They have a solid global presence and are committed to dumping time and resources into keeping talent on board and happy.

Cons

- environment can be a little high-pressure
    - upper management has seen a ton of turnaround in the past 2 years
    - classic "hire because we're busy, but too busy to train" syndrome--be prepared to do a lot of self-instruction
    - benefits could be better (no home/auto ins, so-so med ins)

"Corrupt"

Former Employee - Accounting in Bothell, WA
    Former Employee - Accounting in Bothell, WA

I worked at Verathon full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

-life-saving devices
    -great relationship with Sales Reps and between departments

Cons

-systems are extremely archaic
    -unable to automate invoicing/collections/reporting
    -don't complain to HR about anything negative you've experienced: it will be turned against you and you'll be the bad guy.
    -if you're effective, you'll be given too much to do in not enough time
    -don't expect any of management to defend you- you'll be thrown under the bus for any shortcomings
    -don't expect management to help you or listen to your concerns, they don't care about your red flags, and don't care about helping at all, but also don't have any solutions. This is all the way from your supervisor to VP. They're focused so much on the little things that they can't see the big problems coming down the road, even if you tell them exactly what it is. They'll bend over a dollar to pick up a dime, so don't expect anything more than that.
    -don't expect any internal promotions- you're stuck where you are hired.

Advice to Management

Learn your teams jobs, and listen to concerns if more than one person is saying it. Don't take just the advice from your direct report, listen to everyone and make your own judgements.

Above all, care about your people! Acknowledge them when they pass by you, and get to know them! After all, they can either make you look good, or horribly bad.

"Material Handler II"

Current Employee - Material Handler II in Puyallup, WA
    Current Employee - Material Handler II in Puyallup, WA

I have been working at Verathon (More than a year)

Pros

Fast Paced, lots to learn

Cons

too sensitive, long hours not so great pay, under staffed

Advice to Management

allow more room for growth, too sensitive, favoritism based on sex of employee

10. "Stable"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bothell, WA

I have been working at Verathon (Less than a year)

Pros

Verathon is a great company with a great product, it's stable and has a solid reputation. Everyone in the company is truly passionate for the products and performance.

Cons

The company is growing and with that come some growing pains.

Advice to Management

Invest in the people and the company.

"Yes and No"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bothell, WA

I have been working at Verathon full-time

Pros

What makes many employees stay with this company is the inspiring product lines. The devices designed and built here save lives and improve patient life. Testimonials from doctors, EMTs and military medics make people proud to be a part of this team.
    There is also great potential for employee advancement to the right candidate. Those who are ambitious enough and have little in the way of a home life can take advantage of a talent hungry company.

Cons

For the last few years, Verathon has had to make changes to up the level of quality of the products. With this change has come a change in the culture of the company which has adversely affected the employees. By concentrating everything on "fixing the business" Verathon has lost that in which it was built upon, being a company that people enjoyed coming to work every day.
    To "fix the business" the business leaders here require too much from each employee and work their people to the bone. Employee turnover ensues do to overworking and then even more pressure is put on the remaining employees.

Advice to Management

Appreciate your hard working employees and don't make EVERYTHING about the bottom line! Your employees are people and their hard work needs to be rewarded and not dismissed as the new norm.

What happened to recognizing employees that have worked at the company for milestones? That seemed to stop a few years ago. Nothing like reaching your 10 year mark with no recognition.

Please find a way to end the employee turnover problem (yes it is a problem) so that we can actually start building talented teams to deliver on deadlines more easily.