Verathon Reviews

Updated Jul 8, 2020

4.4
Verathon President and CEO Earl Thompson
Earl Thompson
Pros
  • "I enjoyed a great work life balance, great culture, great people and the earning potential was more than I ever thought possible(in 12 reviews)

• "Really good work culture, great people, awesome environment for learning(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "With any changes, even good ones, there are some growing pains and adjustments especially with a company that has been around as long as Verathon(in 5 reviews)

• "Leadership team came up with 7 values that do not mean anything to anybody in Verathon(in 4 reviews)

1. "5 years and counting!"

Current Employee - Territory Manager in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I have been working at Verathon full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

-Work from home/create own schedule -Great work/life balance -No micromanaging-everyone handles their own business -Great communication from upper management/transparent

Cons

Some overnight travel required, but not a problem.

June 22, 2020Recruiter

Thank you for your review! We are happy to hear you have the flexibility to balance your work schedule with the demands of daily life. If you have any additional areas of feedback or suggestions please email us at: humanresources@verathon.com.

"A solid choice"

4.0
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Bothell, WA

I worked at Verathon full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people. Interesting, useful products. Free parking!

Cons

Seemed to be lots of turnover. Marketing structure was not well defined - resulting in extra work on projects.

"Stagnation and complacency"

2.0
    Former Employee - Employee

I worked at Verathon full-time

Pros

Laid back atmosphere Work life balance

Cons

Leadership lacks decision making abilities Non-industry people getting hired to management roles- need to hire the right people to provide guidance and fully understands the regulations and standards related to med device. No career growth potential within company Attrition is very high outside the manufacturing side of the business

Continue reading
  4. "long term sales destination"

Current Employee - Territory Manager

I have been working at Verathon full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

a growing list of industry leading airway products that end users trust, work life balance, total compensation package including stock options and 401k, clinical specialist additions added locally to help drive usage and support sales team

Cons

speed of internal communications to field

June 8, 2020Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback! In addition to producing innovative products that drive the industry, we also strive to create an environment that provides long-term professional and personal support for our employees. We also appreciate your feedback regarding the speed of our internal communication as we are continually looking for areas of improvement. If you have any additional areas of feedback or suggestions please email us at: humanresources@verathon.com.

5. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Senior Commission Analyst in Bothell, WA

I have been working at Verathon full-time for less than a year

Pros

Peers and Mgmt are all very smart and driven! Executive Leadership seems to genuinely care about the employees and their well being.

Cons

Not really any big issues. It's a smaller company and has some smaller company bumps but everything is worked through fairly quickly. Because the company is smaller there are less open positions than other places.

June 1, 2020Recruiter

Thank you for your feedback! "Winning Together" is a core Verathon value and our leadership recognizes the importance of giving our employees the support and resources need for long-term success in work and life. While it is true that we do not always have open opportunities for advancement, we strive to give employees resources for professional development through LinkedIn Learning and tuition reimbursement that will give them the skills necessary for the next step in their career. If you have any further feedback to share please email us at: humanresources@verathon.com.

6. "A great place to GROW!"

5.0
    Current Employee - Senior Customer Care Representative/Customer Care Supervisor in Bothell, WA

I have been working at Verathon full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Verathon has been a true joy to be a part of! The people and the culture create a great work environment. The entire Verathon team is committed to the company values and ensure these are felt throughout the value stream and passed along to our customers. They value their people and invest in their growth which has been the most important to me. I can't wait to see what the future holds here at Verathon. I look forward to continued growth within the company!

Cons

PTO accrual is less than previous employers

March 23, 2020Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to talk about your experience here at Verathon! We value giving our employees the opportunity for growth and development by promoting internally when opportunities arise, tuition reimbursement, and providing educational courses though Verathon University. We understand that growth and improvement as an organization is best achieved through continual development at an individual level. If you have any further feedback to share please email us at: humanresources@verathon.com.

7. "Good"

Current Employee - Buyer

I have been working at Verathon full-time

Pros

Good, great, amazing, outstanding, cool

Cons

None. Nada. Zip. Zero. Goose egg

March 23, 2020Recruiter

We love your descriptors for working at Verathon! If you have any further feedback to share please email us at: humanresources@verathon.com.

8. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Cost Accountant in Bothell, WA

I have been working at Verathon full-time for less than a year

Pros

New facility and the people are great!

Cons

No cons I can see

March 23, 2020Recruiter

Thank you for sharing your experience. We are thrilled to hear that you are enjoying the new remodel! If you have any further feedback to share please email us at: humanresources@verathon.com.

"Great Position and Great Culture!"

Former Employee - Territory Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Verathon full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Verathon truly was a great place to work. I enjoyed a great work life balance, great culture, great people and the earning potential was more than I ever thought possible. I would definitely recommend Verathon for any rep looking to break into medical sales or someone with years of experience.

Cons

Advancement opportunities are limited, as a smaller company.

February 19, 2020Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience working here at Verathon in an Outside Sales role. It looks like you really enjoyed your time with us. We do understand that the advancement opportunities may be limited, since we are a smaller company, but one of our Core Values is “Continuous Improvement Creates Competitive Advantage.” As we continue to grow and evolve, we are always focused on getting better and one of the initiatives is to help make our employees feel like they have opportunity to grow and develop. One of the changes we made in recent years was implementing the Field Sales Trainer Program and Accelerate to help advance our sales reps. Verathon does prefer to promote from within whenever possible. With that being said and the fact you are no longer with our company, we do also look at previous employees for opportunities and will reach out if we feel it is a good match. Definitely continue to keep an eye on our website for potential future opportunities and feel free to reach out to any one of us in the future. If you have any additional suggestions or feedback you would like to share, please email us at humanresources@verathon.com.

"BEST company to work for!"

Current Employee - Territory Manager

I have been working at Verathon full-time for less than a year

Pros

Verathon has a great culture from the executives all the way down. Both products within critical and patient care are top of the line industry leaders resulting in as easy sell. Verathon's emphazies R&D, employee experience, ethical values, and having fun! I can't imagine ever leaving Verathon.

Cons

Not a lot of turnover (in my region at least) therefore, the opportunity for a promotion might be smaller than normal.

February 11, 2020Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We are so happy you decided to join us and can’t imagine ever leaving. We definitely value our employees and believe in our Core Verathon 7 Values. As you may be aware, one of our core Verathon Values is “Continuous Improvement Creates Competitive Advantage.” As we continue to grow and evolve, we are always focused on getting better and one of the initiatives is to help make our employees feel like they have opportunity to grow and develop. One of the changes we made in recent years was implementing the Field Sales Trainer Program and Accelerate to help advance our sales reps. We will definitely look more into varying levels for our Reps. Thanks so much for your suggestion, if you have any additional suggestions or feedback you would like to share, please email us at humanresources@verathon.com.

Found 98 reviews