KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Technical Account Manager

60 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Most importantly, people are fun to work with, and they are always there to help you.(in 4 reviews)
Cons
    There are no cons to display at this time.
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Rapid Growth with Great Small Company Vibe

Jan 21, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Though Verato has grown rapidly, they have retained a small company feel. There is the opportunity to work with cutting edge technology and to do work that matters - helping improve healthcare. Before the pandemic there was a great culture at the HQ office in McLean, VA with group outings for happy hour or for sports events. I'm looking forward to getting back to that as covid eases up. Our office in Merida, Mexico also has a lot of group activities.

Cons

Occasionally the teams are siloed with less communication than there should be.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Amazing place to work

Dec 30, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

This is one of the best place to work, people in the company are more like your extended family. The company is on a growth path, the vision is spot on for next few years. Latest technology suite, fully SaaS standard and fully deployed on AWS, its an amazing place to work. With latest management changes the company is more focused and on a rapid growth path. It a best place to work for people who wants to use latest tech suite, who are customer focused and want to make real difference in healthcare industry.

Cons

Nothing I can think of, best place to work. Would recommend it completely.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company, people and products!

Nov 16, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Clear mission with award-winning products/solutions. - Company has an unrelenting passion for customer success and the different departments (CX, Sales, Product, Marketing, etc) work together to ensure our customers get value and are successful. It's a breath of fresh air to work in an organization that truly cares about customers. - A lot of diversity and I feel that as a minority my voice is heard. - Startup in hypergrowth phase where you have a lot of opportunities for growth and career advancement.

Cons

Not a con for me, but if you join, keep in mind this is a fast-paced environment that requires flexibility, not everything is figured out since it is a start-up. You also need to be a quick learner and highly collaborative to deliver value to customers at speed.

4. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Tough Place To Work

Apr 21, 2022 - Business Development Representative in McLean, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good healthcare product. Beneficial to healthcare organizations

Cons

Outreach to potential clients extremely difficult

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Company, Market Leader, Awesome Work Experience

Dec 28, 2021 - Vice President
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company is built on people, and we have the best team environment where everyone works together. This is why we have had continued growth at a fast rate.

Cons

None really, if you want to be successful at Verato come to work in partnership with the team, and own your role.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Collaborative and Supporting Environment

Nov 16, 2021 - Employee in McLean, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

A great and growing company that strongly values work/life balance. PTO policy is unbeatable. Management encourages employees to take courses and additional education training- not only for the company's growth, but for the sake of the employee's personal growth. Direct team members and colleagues are very supportive and always happy to help.

Cons

There is constant change in organization structure but this is expected with a company that is still growing.

7. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Only for college Grads, not for experienced engineers

Aug 8, 2021 - Senior Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Good learning opportunity on various technologies for out of college grads - People over here are really nice and easy to work with

Cons

- Compensation equivalent to PEANUTS. They might offer equity but that is also PEANUTS, so good luck negotiating that - Only focus on hiring cheap labor and inexperienced engineers - Company has a tight knit circle of favorites whom they prefer over other employees and only keep promoting them, so good luck reasoning out your talent for promotion - Heavy top down management of typical old school corporate style even though they are a startup. - There is no defined raise structure or career path. So good luck with your below average raise or promotion with hollow titles. - Management will lowball and promise great things in the future - Compensation do not match what the industry offers now even though they mention on their careers page. To prove this you can always go with multiple offer and verify for yourself. - A lot of folks are already leaving this company

4 people found this review helpful

Human Resources Manager

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about our company. Your feedback is noted and taken seriously. We are intentional about our compensation strategy and we take great pride in compensating our very high performing employees very competitively, and in giving them technical and management opportunities far earlier in their careers than they would otherwise get at most other companies. Employee retention is very important to us and we strive to work with each employee to develop and further their careers, and to ensure that their career goals are aligned with our business vision. With the anticipated exponential growth of our organization over the next few years, Verato is focused on hiring high performing candidates at all levels. Thus, we will continue to hire candidates with industry-leading skills and experiences, as well as candidates who show great promise and can be future leaders and mentors for our company. We firmly believe in open communication, collaboration, innovation, and courage of conviction. We believe employees come first, and are willing to hear all ideas and feedback. Verato HR is also always available to address any employee concerns.

8. 2.0
    Current Employee

Lousy management, bad compensation.

Oct 19, 2021 - Software Engineer in Tysons Corner, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Leave flexibility: PTO and sick days are good. Work from Office not enforced

Cons

Imbalanced management structure and work load: One person handles multiple responsibilities, making that person underperform between all of them. Unclear product requirements: Requirements are hardly ever polished enough to have them actionable, and yet they expect a product enhancement out of them. Lack of communication between teams (development and product). Under-performing managers: Unexperienced employees take acting as managers, not being able to provide complete feedback to its subordinates. Low compensation and salary increases

5 people found this review helpful

Verato Response

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are very sorry to hear that you are having a less than good experience at Verato. We encourage you to please reach out to your manager to share your feedback, as it’s feedback like this that can help us improve. As you know, our goal at Verato is to build out a world-class product management function so that we can push the envelope on new technology and products that deliver tremendous value for our customers. We are currently in the process of hiring talented product managers and aligning our teams with our expanded product vision, and we will continue to address any ‘growing pains’ during the team expansion. We would love to hear your ideas and work together to create an environment that provides you with more clear requirements, expectations, and support from your manager. Verato HR is always available to listen to and address employee concerns.

9. 1.0
    Former Employee

Do your homework if you are looking at a sales position

Dec 20, 2021 - Sales in Daytona Beach, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Industry average pay Solid technology Mac shop if that's your preference

Cons

Very toxic sales environment, the level of frantic miro management is over the top. You will be bullied and disrespected on a daily basis. Do yourself and your family a favor and query LinkedIn for any of the many former sales exec's and ask for yourself on the experience.

Human Resources Manager

Thank you for your feedback and advice to management. We take all feedback seriously in order to continuously improve ourselves and our culture. In order to uphold our values of being trustworthy and customer obsessed, we must be clear and honest in all interactions, meet deadlines, and hold ourselves accountable to our commitments. As a fast growing company, it is especially important for our sales team to embody these values and have the same, clear message of our products and services. Employees should always feel open to communicate with their managers on their deadlines, roadblocks they may be experiencing, and any feedback about the team dynamic. In addition, Verato HR is always available to listen and work with employees and supervisors.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Growth company with great solution and strong customer base

Sep 3, 2021 - Senior Solution Architect in McLean, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

A) Customer centric culture, with "do the right thing" attitude B) Each employee counts C) Growing company with many career options D) Modern technology and leading brand in the market E) Friendly and fun working environment including company Olympics!

Cons

Not a place for someone who likes be micro managed

Viewing 1 - 10 of 30 Reviews

Verato Reviews FAQs

Verato has an overall rating of 4.3 out of 5, based on over 35 reviews left anonymously by employees. 84% of employees would recommend working at Verato to a friend and 79% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -6% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Verato employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.0 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Verato. This rating has decreased by -4% over the last 12 months.

84% of Verato employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Verato 4.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.4 for culture and values and 4.2 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Verato to be senior leadership, benefits, career development and the cons to be diversity and inclusion, management, compensation.

Popular Careers with Verato Job Seekers