Verax Inc. Reviews | Glassdoor

Sid Thomas

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Verax"

I have been working at Verax Inc. full-time

Pros

Steady, stable and good companie

Cons

Nothing to declare for the moment

2. "Good job"

I have been working at Verax Inc. full-time

Pros

Good used technologies and very warmful employees, the job is mostly Toronto downtown.

Cons

Everything's good so far. No cons for now.

3. "Excellent consulting firm"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Verax Inc. full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I am an ex- employee. I worked at Verax for 7 years. I left for family reasons for work closer to home. In my opinion it is great company to work for if you like consulting with a very professional senior leadership team. I'm shocked at some of the negative comments. My guess is it is probably from Ex employees who were let go.

Cons

Needs to increase training programs.

4. "Racism, Nepotism and inefficienly managed company"

Former Employee - QA TESTER JUNIOR in Halifax, NS (Canada)
    Former Employee - QA TESTER JUNIOR in Halifax, NS (Canada)

I worked at Verax Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

if you are a canadian and wants to get some experience but if a new immigrant then avoid this company or better stay away from them.

Cons

if you are an immigrant specially from india the team leaders and administrators of a different department may call you a garbage or slurs of crazy indian may be for whole year in your tenure until and unless you resign or gets terminated by their falsly accusing of something you never do . They have free hand on you given by the top management to find faults and accuse you and the top management will believe them without an investigation. Even if your performance is good and par with the team leader and other employees but if team leader find fault in you unjustly then Director believes him and insults the employee in front of others in the meeting. Directors plays a nepotist role because he wants to hire his own son in your place because there is no requirement or vacancy in the company and he cannot fire the inefficient team leader who already removed by the client so thats why he removes you from the client eventhough the client still needs you and is happy with you by promising you that the company is getting another project in a month , company needs you there badly and within 15 days of you sitting on the bench waiting to be placed he calls you in close room and takes your punch card and without any reasons of dismissal/ warning letters he offers you a greed of two months pay and also takes your signature that you should not go to the labour court or court of law and says we cannot continue with you and we have communication problem and fires you from the job. This all happened to me i never know they should be some performance warning letters before firing an employee and i stupidly signed the contract in a closed room that i will not go to the court against the company regarding Directors nepotism,the racism and wrong accusations i faced throughout the whole year by the team leaders and employees i got fedup psychologically so thats why i signed the papers that were given to me by the director. If you are an immigrant having a long term permanent job dont get excited and leave your previous job without researching this company otherwise you endup in the situations like me getting bullied by the racist employees or will get unfair dismissal due to racism or nepotism

Advice to Management

Come down from you top management thing instead keeping directors or middle managers who comes once in week to your remote area labs to directly deal with the false or wrongly accused employees. your unjust behavor of unfair dismissal can cause psychological effect on employee which can leads to major health problems to the employee.

5. "Senior Project Manager"

I worked at Verax Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay was good for the position. Other than that there is nothing to talk about. Only typing because of the 20 word minimum.

Cons

Horrible management. Very high turnover which speaks directly to the way people are treated.

"Business Analyst"

I worked at Verax Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Clients include some of the biggest names in Canada

Cons

This is a placement agency and not a consultancy firm

"Consultant"

Current Employee - Consultant in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Consultant in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Verax Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good company to work for. They deal with the hassles of clients, and have your back when you are in trouble. Bad reviews seem to be from years ago and it is much different now. Central downtown location and management has relationships with all the Big Five banks so no problem finding you work. All kinds of work available. Good culture with tech meetings. Good company for intermediate / senior level professionals.

Cons

Body shop model might not be sustainable in 5-10 years. Every consulting company offers its own products and solutions, not just skills and not just people. Create true offerings while the going is good so when the bad times come, you can offer bug free cookie cutter solutions at a fraction of the price of competition. Decide on non-fad, stable technologies like .NET or Java and make a big box solution based around it.

Advice to Management

Develop a framework or libraries or product before it is too late.

"Pros and Cons."

I have been working at Verax Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-gets new immigrants good experience or those fresh from school.
    -decent/competitive pay.

Cons

-body shop. questionable management practices.

9. "Enterprise Quality Professionals and People"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Pros

I really enjoy working with our business technology professionals. It's a great collaborative environment, where folks are all full time employees, all in Canada, and are always willing to help in any way that they can. There's a very strong 'get it right the first time' attitude, ensuring our clients are getting the best value.

Cons

Having a large team who are really talented and in high demand you some times have to allow a couple of hours turnaround before they can assist. However, they always give you their full attention.

Advice to Management

Management is very open and helpful and love rolling up their sleeves to assist. Keep it up!!

"Stay Clear from this one"

I have been working at Verax Inc. full-time

Pros

Good central location downtown Toronto
    Potentially a good place to get some initial experience in the banking environment if you are fresh off the boat or just starting your career until something better comes along. If you already have some Canadian experience do yourself a favour and look elsewhere. There are many other such “shops” downtown that offer a better path for growth.

Cons

Operates mostly as a body shop for banks looking to get IT work done on the “cheap”. Very little in terms of internal process, structure or direction contributing to chaotic project deliveries and timelines. If you land a decent PM it may be tolerable for awhile but the good ones rarely stick around. Absolutely poor management practices all the way from the top. Constipated owner and VPs with very little to offer in terms of leadership and career growth for their employees. You have been warned!

Advice to Management

Not sure this will change anything as the business style is short sighted and focused primarily on squeezing that most out of employees for maximizing profit