Verbal Behavior Center for Autism Reviews | Glassdoor

Verbal Behavior Center for Autism Reviews

Updated Dec 7, 2016

Found 2 reviews

2.2
  1. "Great for newly grads who can't find a job"

Behavior Interventionist in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Verbal Behavior Center for Autism for less than a year

Pros

Friendly employees, small company with opportunity for growth, job is for a good cause, you get to see improvement of clients over time, $0.45/ mi from client to client, willingness to give insurance even at 30 hr/wk, paid training

Cons

Low starting wage ($16 for direct service, $15 for everything else), low hours (contract only guarantees hours for the first three months- currently offers 20-40 hrs/wk), a lot of office work that is mind-numbing (finding pictures, cutting, laminating, putting papers in binders, organizing), pretty much have to become rBT (which they don't offer compensation for), a ton of driving (upwards of 2.5 hr/day, 300... mi/week), requires a lot of patients (a lot of noncompliance seen with clients), uncomfortable client settings (you are guaranteed to sweat during summer because they don't put on AC)

Advice to Management

Don't mislead employees to thinking they can get full time. They seemed happy that I wanted to be full time but gave me 30 hours a week for the first three months and then cut my hours afterwards (I wanted 40 hours, which no employees has now)

Verbal Behavior Center for Autism2016-07-26
  2. "No Good"

I worked at Verbal Behavior Center for Autism

Pros

Great clients, great coworkers, time off good

Cons

Bad managers, bad training, bad network

Verbal Behavior Center for Autism2016-12-07