Verde Valley Medical Center Reviews | Glassdoor

CEO

"PCT- Yavapai"

Current Employee - Pct in Cottonwood, AZ
    Current Employee - Pct in Cottonwood, AZ

I have been working at Verde Valley Medical Center full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

PCTs work together as a team
    Pay is decent for area
    12 hours shifts and 4 days off is nice
    Can transfer after 6 months if not happy in position.

Cons

-Poor Management its based on who you know, not because your capable of leading.
    -Favoritism and Gossip among staff especially the long-term employees, they do not welcome new comers easily.
    -Unfriendly
    - Nurses do not answer the call lights, leaving it PCTS to work double time.

Advice to Management

Treat staff equally, Hire equipped leaders not based on years of service or "who you know", hire based on actual qualities of a leader.

"Employees, beware!"

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Cottonwood, AZ
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Cottonwood, AZ

I worked at Verde Valley Medical Center full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

There is great nursing staff cohesiveness.

Cons

If you are eligible for a retirement pension, WATCH YOUR BACK! This administration is self-serving and cares only about maximizing their own bottom line. Patient care is not a priority here. The new VP eliminated many positions, including her own former director position, and filled the management positions with "yes men" who will not dare oppose her. If you are injured on the job, you will likely lose your position to be replaced by a new grad. Corrective action is used for no-harm trivialities and has become a tool that is used for denying staff members a yearly bonus and merit increases. Time clock glitches are used to their advantage, and false tardies are prevalent. Do not expect to be treated fairly, especially if you make >$30/H. The idea is to anger those who make higher wages so they will quit. If they do not quit, they hunt for dirt. Another money-saving tactic is to terminate your healthcare benefits without your knowledge, and this is often not discovered until you try to pick up your much-needed medications, as experienced by myself and several others. Beware!

Advice to Management

Don't think your employees can't see what's going on.

"Great experience at beginning of employment, not so the second half"

Former Employee - Director in Cottonwood, AZ
    Former Employee - Director in Cottonwood, AZ

I worked at Verde Valley Medical Center full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Used to be a great place to work: friendly staff, departments worked well together and primary focus on delivering excellent patient care.

Cons

Revolving door of CEO's, each wanting to try their management theory. Incrediable amount of time wasted for managers and staff and huge disruptions in patient care. if you weren't in the last CEO's inner circle, watch your back.

Advice to Management

Way too much politics for a 99 bed hospital. If you cannot give managers any resources, then control the amount of projects. Stick to the mission.

5. "ER"

Pros

great staff, fun place to work

Cons

nothing bad to say about the company

"RN"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Verde Valley Medical Center as a contractor

Pros

Clean Hospital in Nice area

Cons

I did not have the correct resources for my orientation which was frustrating but I did my best.
    I know Hospitals have different polices. I'm used to a 5 to 1 ratios in taking care of patients I also have taken care of 6 to 1 ratio. I'm a hard working nurse.

Advice to Management

They need to communicate with the employees and not listen to gossip.

"former staff"

Pros

Offer sign on and relocation. Beautiful area!

Cons

After arriving I see why there was a sign on, Horrible atmosphere, team work, management, huge staff turn over and I was never so glad to leave. They do not tell you until after you hire that overtime is expected because they can not keep enough happy staff members to staff the place. It is a crying shame though because Verde valley is a beautiful area.

Advice to Management

Listen to staff whom are the back bone of the hospital. I tried to address issues with HR and nothing ever done! Clean house and start fresh! Hope someday it turns around for the community!

"I worked as the Medical Lab Technologist on the night shift in this 100 bed hospital."

Pros

The company has good benefits, offer an opportunity for CEUs, and has excellent equipment to insure accurate results for the patients.

Cons

My only reason for not still being there is the fact that I needed to return to my home state and my family. The main con was the lab director's management style which precluded the staff feeling that she had our backs. She was asked for her resignation and no longer works there.

Advice to Management

There is little advice that I feel I can give management. Many times I felt that the bottom line was considered more than patient care. I also am aware of one physician who caused harm to many patients by making mistakes in both surgeries and treatment. He was too old to be practicing as a surgeon and, yet, they allowed him to remain.