Verdi Consulting Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Good place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Washington, DC

I have been working at Verdi Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get to spend plenty time working at client offices. If you want a career in government accounting, there aren't many better places. It is a typical consulting firm without the long hours. But you will learn , and fast too. The management gives a lot of latitude to the team on how to conduct on-site assignments, which is good. From my short experience i think the company keeps its doors open to people who have left, which is kinda cool. I would definitely recommend.

Cons

Government accounting can be monotonous. The pay can be better, although I am not sure of the industry standard. There also seems to be no clear career paths.

Advice to Management

Management should put a better structure in place. Career paths should be clearly defined. Can the management also look for opportunities outside of government?

2. "Great Experience - Excellent Learning Opportunity"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

I worked at Verdi Consulting full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great teammates, pleasant work environment, compatible salary, good benefits. This company has it all if you are here with the mindset of being a team player. Everyone here is a hard working and intelligent individual. The management genuinely cares about the employees' well being and generously celebrates all important occasions in their lives, be it baby/wedding showers, birthday cakes or company sponsored picnics/holiday feasts. My employment at Verdi had been wonderful and I wanted to take this opportunity to give my positive feedback and express my gratitude.

Cons

Life is too short, if you have the long commute/work days, it can get stressful and can make it hard to take care of the family needs.

Advice to Management

Take it easy, stop and smell the roses, enjoy the beautiful life and family moments.

3. "response to COO"

I worked at Verdi Consulting full-time

Pros

pay was good and the co-workers were nice

Cons

The owner responded to the lawsuit for the hours paid. However, I know the person personally who was paid and I can tell you how much. This is not a lie! I was provided the person name to contact if i wanted to file. So trust me, at any time I can do the same. So please stop the lies. I have no reason to lie it doesn't hurt me one way or the other.

Advice to Management

Be truthful and handle business matters professionally!!!

4. "Accounting Clerk"

I worked at Verdi Consulting full-time

Pros

Worked in the Denver office. Great team, great location, Good work,

Cons

PTO after a year is the only negative.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

Mar 2, 2017 – COO

We agree with PTO issue, unfortunately it is the law per SCA contracts, which this one is. However, we allow employees to go negative on pto so as to not have to wait a year for vacation.

5. "Great Learning Experience"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

I have been working at Verdi Consulting full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been with the company for 4 years and it has been a great learning experience. The managment takes good care of the employees and they are very generous. Everyone works hard and gets stuff done. I would recommend this Company to anyone looking to learn and grow professionally.

Cons

There are no cons to working here. Everyone is super friendly and respectful.

Advice to Management

Keep showing the staff your trust and respect, its a major accomplishment for most of us to have earned the credibility after years of hard work.

6. "Small Company/Big Ideas"

Current Employee - Support Staff in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Support Staff in McLean, VA

I have been working at Verdi Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

HR is incredible to work with. Management has an open door policy, and will work around appointments and family. I enjoy working here and my co-workers are incredible. Everyone is given a taste of every aspect of the company, from proposal writing start through to the wins.

Cons

wish there was a lunch room

7. "Great Opportunity"

Current Employee - Accounting Associate in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Accounting Associate in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Verdi Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There's a lot to do so the day goes by quickly. Everyone is very friendly and professional.
    Great place to learn new skills and take on new responsibilities.

Cons

Climate Control in the office is a little bit of a problem. There's no lunch room

8. "Small Company"

I have been working at Verdi Consulting full-time

Pros

Because it is a small company, you are able to meet all employees and bounce ideas off everyone from Management down. Senior Management is very hands on, and willing to assist in all aspects

Cons

Small company means less opportunity for growth

"BEWARE"

I worked at Verdi Consulting full-time

Pros

There's nothing positive to say this place is a nightmare.

Cons

Horrible management of employees. They don't care about their staff. You can be fired for something small and there are inadequate performance descriptions/metrics to support employees.
    The positive reviews are from the senior management please don't believe those reviews. All negatives reviews for this company are true. The senior management proves how unprofessional they are just read their responses to the reviewers.
    Please BEWARE - don't accept the offer, if you are at a miserable job and want to leave stay where you are. Trust me if you accept the offer with Verdi you will beg the job you left to hire you back. If you are unemployed please continue to search or accept a volunteering opportunity until you find something. It’s not worth accepting the offer.

Advice to Management

Learn how to treat your staff and most important please learn how to be professional. You are in charge of government projects you must be more professional.

Dec 12, 2016 – COO

a lot of vitriol, with no examples or recommendations.

"ACCEPT THE TRUTH"

I worked at Verdi Consulting (Less than a year)

Pros

co-workers were great people to work with

Cons

The responses from Mr Levy shows what you be dealing with. You hear the anger and attitude in the response. Instead of trying to improve in the area of the high turnover you get these types of responses. It's s shame for a business owner to respond line this. If they are all lies you have nothing to prove to no one. Let them write their comments and do your business. I've worked here before and trust me the things the people are saying here is true. They did have at least one project I know that was some source which is ok. The problem it was managed very poorly. There were lawsuits filed for all the hours worked over through the dept of labor and Verdi had to pay out. I guess this is another lie. If this is your last resort n you need akin then work here but only temporary till u find something else. They do pay well hahaha!!!

Jul 25, 2017 – COO

The DOL lawsuit assertion is 100% false.