Veredus Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

4.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Dan Rodriguez

Pros
  • I hope they continue to provide me with assignments as they are a great company to work for (in 10 reviews)

• This is the best staffing company around to work for (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance depends on the client more than Veredus (in 8 reviews)

• So since my managers are reading this I have to say there are no cons, lol (in 11 reviews)

"Fantastic Company - Great Leadership & Support!"

Current Employee - Sales in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Sales in Denver, CO

I have been working at Veredus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Training and Development is great!
    -Lots of Transparency with Leadership
    -Clear picture of what is expected in your role
    -Leadership is open-minded to your ideas and wants to see you succeed
    -Overall Entrepreneurial Spirit inside of the company--lots of growth happening, which equals lots of opportunity for those who want to chase it down.

Cons

No real cons that I've experienced in regards to my role.
    Would love to see the company adopt better internal employee benefits.

Advice to Management

Keep up the open-door policy-

"FAMILY FIRST Environment-Denver/Veredus"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Denver, CO

I have been working at Veredus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

* Great training program; excellent support and structure(from Corporate & entire office)
    * Challenging and supportive culture with the ability to lead and grow
    * Excellent management and "team-oriented culture"
    * We all have a voice and the ability to shape the office culture through leading different initiatives
    * Constant positive feedback and contests rewarding hard work and effort
    * "Family first" environment; flexible and accomodating
    * If you work hard, you will be rewarded, make good money, earn trips and extra bonuses

Cons

* Benefits/healthcare-expensive and the deductibles are high

Advice to Management

Continue the "Family-first" environment and keep helping us grow and reach our fullest potential and goals!

3. "I love this company!! Best in the business!"

Current Employee - Sales and Recruiting in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Sales and Recruiting in Denver, CO

I have been working at Veredus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Love love love this company! #1 in the business and I've been in this business for a very long time...over a decade. I've worked for big national/global companies and nothing holds a candle to Veredus/Hays. especially when it comes to culture. They nurture those who truly want to work..especially in the Denver operation. If you don't want to work..and are not honest...move on.

Cons

Working in a start up operation always has its challenges but it's very rewarding as well. It's also a challenge hiring the right sales and recruiting individuals in a new market as there isn't a strong referral base like our more established operations have. It becomes more of a "hit and miss" process but many lessons have been learned to date.

Advice to Management

Excellent executive leadership support and empowerment.

5. "Sales"

I have been working at Veredus full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Ethical, well-run staffing organization. Competitive compensation. Good leadership team.

Cons

Not a lot of work-life balance. Staffing in general is highly competitive.

Advice to Management

Continue to solicit feedback from employees and provide opportunities to grow for long-tenured employees.

6. "operations"

I have been working at Veredus full-time

Pros

a lot of growth occurring presently

Cons

management changes that are changing the culture of the company. Making things less team oriented.

Advice to Management

Don't change things for the sake of change, take the time to learn what is being done before making decisions. Speak to the people who actually do the work in order to understand the why behind it. Changes after that that have value are good

Veredus Response

Feb 27, 2017 – Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback about working for Veredus. Your feedback will be sent to the management team for further actions. Kind Regards.

"5 Star is an Understatement"

Current Employee - IT Technical Recruiter in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - IT Technical Recruiter in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Veredus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I never write reviews, good or bad, but this is the very least I can do to thank this amazing company for everything they have done for my family and I.
    I started at Veredus with no recruiting experience, but yet the managers have always treated me with the respect of a seasoned Vet. I felt an incredible level of support and the 100% confidence that everyone wanted me to succeed. Shortly after I started, my only brother passed away suddenly. Without the blink of an eye my management agreed for me to go up north to be with my family. Besides words of encouragement and sincerity, I never felt the pressure to hurry back or that my job was in jeopardy.
    Coming back to work was extremely difficult, and I felt like I had lost all of the training that I had done and it was like my first day all over again. Again, not once did my management falter. Not one of the many, many questions I would ask on a daily basis was sneered at or ridiculed.
    As ridiculous as this is going to sound, shortly after I was finally getting back up and running and placing a bunch of candidates, disaster hits again and I get diagnosed with a brain tumor. Without any warning, I needed to go in for emergency surgery. My coworkers had my back immediately and helped me with my current candidates, and my managers were there again with the consistent support and well wishes. My Vice President somehow got flowers delivered to the ICU where flowers are not allowed, and shortly after I get a visit from my CEO. Yes really !!
    Well, I've already written a novel and I'm sure I'm running out of space, so I will end with this. If you are a candidate yourself deciding between Veredus and any other recruiting firm, I hope this will sway you. This company really does care, they care about every single employee and their success, as well as every single candidate we place and their success.

Cons

Since there's no one else on this planet that could share my story, I'm obviously not anonymous. So since my managers are reading this I have to say there are no cons, lol. But in all honesty there really aren't so far.

Advice to Management

My advice to management would have been to run from me awhile ago since I'm cursed, but since they decided to keep me, my only advice would be to make next years annual trip somewhere fantastic because I'm going to be back on top soon !!

8. "Great team who provides excellent support!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I worked at Veredus (More than a year)

Pros

Team members are very supportive and respond to your questions very quickly. Felt comfortable reaching out to account manager Mark with any concerns. Started with a contract position which eventually turned into a perm position.

Cons

Nothing major that couldn't be worked out.

"IT recruiter"

Former Employee - IT Recruiter
    Former Employee - IT Recruiter

Pros

Good benefits; CEO seems to care a lot and is accessible, the management at my site on the other hand was not helpful in any way.

Cons

Absolutely no worklife balance. I was working 7-7 as a salaried employee so my hourly pay ended up being very low. I needed to take my pet to the vet and was told that I was not able to take any time off during the day for the first 6 months, even though I was working 60 hours a week, I couldn't take a couple hours during business hours to go to a vet appointment.
    No job security - must work constantly and live in constant state of stress to not be let go

Advice to Management

I previously reviewed working with Veredus and my review was removed along with a few other reviews I remember seeing that were posted around the same time. It's very deceptive to remove reviews.

Veredus Response

Jan 31, 2017 – Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback about working for Veredus. We are constantly improving our benefits to provide our employees a better quality of life and a balance between work and personal life. We ... More

10. "Contract jobs"

Former Employee - Tech Support in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Tech Support in Houston, TX

I worked at Veredus full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Web apps for pay review

Cons

Insurance is high cost

"The company changed over the years....."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I worked at Veredus full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company had great culture and opportunity to grow professionally. Commission structure was pretty good in comparison to most staffing companies.

Cons

They sold out. and that is when it all changed.They changed their CRM when they sold out and no one was ready so it completely messed up the flow up business. But of course...it wasn't their fault, but that of the employees. Executives used to be very involved and hands on from top to bottom, but with change came the separation and distance. Overall, pretty standard changes when a small company sells to a larger company.

Advice to Management

Don't allow new employees to be chased away by existing employees who don't follow the rules and do what they want.