Verge Mobile Reviews | Glassdoor

1. "vergemobile review"

Current Employee - RSM in Knoxville, TN
    Current Employee - RSM in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at Verge Mobile full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people I work with are tremendous and the atmosphere is good. The store manager are hardworking people and carry the brunt of the store

Cons

Lot of turnover due to promises not being kept and upper management expecting 24/7 from the managers. Pay structure not very good

Advice to Management

Keep your word to your managers and employees.If your dm tells a manager that you will be compensated then as a comapny you should honor that word

2. "Unappretiated, Under-valued, Under-developed, Under-paid"

Current Employee - Retail Store Manager
    Current Employee - Retail Store Manager

I have been working at Verge Mobile full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Verge Mobile, LLC is an authorized premium retailer for T-Mobile. T-Mobile is arguably one of the best companies to work for in the country. So good, that even while working for an authorized dealer you "bleed magenta" as we T-Mobile warriors would say. Epic is almost an understatement when it comes to the energy, culture, and aggressive dynamic that is T-Mobile. Undoubtedly the unprecedented king of wireless; it's hard to not quickly fall in love with the seriously fun, and upbeat company pulse.

Cons

The same can not be said in my eyes for the authorized dealer; Verge Mobile, LLC. In my experience, as a veteran with this company, and someone who's performance results have become Best in Class. I see results of hard work and strong performance undervalued and underappreciated. I have seen myself and others with a track record of success be under-valued as external hires are brought on board to fill roles that were earned (not deserved) by internal employees who have shown unwavering dedication to the organization.

As if that's not insult to injury enough; external hires who have proven nothing to the organization thus far are not only brought on to take up the roles of those internals who have earned it, but they have even been offered higher pay rates than those who have devoted years of their time to the organization. Keep in mind here that I am putting emphasis on employees with strong results getting pushed aside only to find that external candidates are being recruited and offered higher rates of pay. There are plenty of under-performing individuals in any industry that could cry this plea (which I am sure is common) and it would hold no weight.

Furthermore, I have seen candidates move upward through promotions while being out performed by their peers. Unfortunately, there is a public knowledge of preference and favoritism toward the individuals that magically move their way up the ladder despite being outperformed by their peers.

Advice to Management

• Dont higher external candidates into your organization offering higher rates of pay than your tenured employees whom have not only shown loyalty, but have shown a track record of success. It destroys loyalty, buy in, and creates merited frustration.

• No professional development above and beyond the store manager role. You have to spell out the fact that you want it in order to receive any additional professional development aimed at continuing career growth. This should be a given, and pursued with urgency from District leadership and above. Without development of your team; especially leadership people get stagnant and lose interest in the bigger picture.

• Don't ask employees to take on job responsibilities above and beyond their roles if you are simply going to pay the rewards to someone with less effort put in and inferior performance results. Even further above and beyond that; I have witnessed individuals be offered compensation for stepping out of their roles to assist with additional responsibilities only to find that the promised compensation would not be honored.

• Don't promote people into upward positions when they have a lower track record of success within the organization compared to other candidates that are applying for the position. Especially if the individual being promoted does not have peers backing their campaign. That person is being set up for failure while at the same time causing deeper future problems; such as the loss of loyalty and buy-in to the organization's leadership as a result of the decision made with said candidate.

• When district leadership fails to properly staff stores don't pull team members from another store leaving it in a worse state than it was prior to the "strategic" move. You're taking from one hand to feed the other.

3. "Needs improvement"

Former Employee - Sales in Jersey Village, Harris, TX
    Former Employee - Sales in Jersey Village, Harris, TX

I worked at Verge Mobile full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There were no pros.

Cons

They really try to be like corporate tmobile, by creating many meetings and (low pay) incentives. Even though it is a commission job, it is really up to your locations store traffic. You COULD earn a lot, by working VERY hard. Or you could just go work for corporate and get a lot of benefits and earn MORE while working LESS.

Advice to Management

If high roles, like store manager or team lead, paid how it should be.. employees would WANT to go higher within the company. That way you wouldnt hire an outside person that knows nothing about the way the company works.

4. "Fantastic Quality of Life!"

Current Employee - Retail Store Manager in Valley Forge, PA
    Current Employee - Retail Store Manager in Valley Forge, PA

I have been working at Verge Mobile full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The interview process was very timely and in depth which made me feel like the company really focuses on making sure they hire the right people. Leadership is very real and genuinely cares about people and making the business successful as a team. The pay is good and everyone I work with just seems genuinely happy. So am I!

Leadership is always available because they care and love what they do! The support structure in all aspects is really strong here. It makes all the difference in the world to have reliable assistance when you need your leaders!

Cons

The internet in some locations are a little slow but that's not really an ongoing issue.. I couldn't think of anything else lol.

Advice to Management

When the hard times come like the stress of Q4, aggressive product launch goals, and all that other stuff we know comes along with retail.. don't lose focus on the positive relationships with everyone on the team. Stress can effect moods and behaviors which we've all understandably experienced in the at some point.. but some companies are more so than others. I'm confident that Verge Mobile isn't one of those companies. I consistently see the core values actually being real and lived by leadership. Thanks for all the support and guidance!

"Sales lead"

I worked at Verge Mobile full-time

Pros

Good environment laid back and easy to make money

Cons

Bad management structure and like to throw ppl under the bus

"Know what your getting yourself into"

Former Employee - Store Manager in Phila, PA
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Phila, PA

I worked at Verge Mobile full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It is a job, and they offer benefits.

Cons

This company makes promises they have no intention on keeping. My employees were told they would be paid for travel 1 week later they were told they weren't. Some of my employees had to travel 2 hours to help out at other stores and were not paid. Pay is low when compared to other wireless companies and T-Mobile TPR's. I was not paid my final bonus and told that I forfeited my bonus due to resignation. This is a bonus I earned, now I have to seek an attorney to be paid what I am owed. Morale is bad in the Philadelphia Market.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees, you don't know everything. Do not make promises you do not intend to keep. Do not pay lip service to your people when we know the truth. You will continue to have high turnover until you value your employees, and their opinions.

7. "Great culture!!"

I have been working at Verge Mobile full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The culture is fantastic! You can feel the energy when you walk into one of the stores and it's infectious. The team thrives on fun, competition, and results. Come here if you want to work hard, play hard, and get rewarded for your efforts!!

Cons

It's a small, young company, so it might not be for everyone, especially folks that might struggle with ambiguity. I love being able to create and contribute, so it isn't a con for me!!

"Initially impressed. Ultimately dissapointed."

I have been working at Verge Mobile full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's not a difficult job, meaning that it's not difficult to understand the responsibilities of your job and how to perform them. You aren't exactly laboring under the sun (know what I mean?)

Cons

However, with that being said, it is a very stressful at times. Expectations are unrealistic and difficult to meet if you're at a low volume store like I am.

You are expected to cold call customers and drive traffic to your location (because don't you just love it when telemarketers cold call you?)

You are expected to simultaneously be proud of being a part of the "uncarrier" while at the same time practice some very shady sales techniques. Deception is encouraged by leadership and they are not shy about .

If you are not comfortable with manipulating people into purchasing accessories and features they do not need or want, you will not have a good time. Expect to be scolded and chewed out by management.

Micromanagent is a problem. Leadership demands daily updates on the number of sales. Sometimes several times a day. This is very annoying and unnecessary.

God forbid a customer walks because you will be scolded. Leadership expects "no one walks." It's ridiculous, and as I said earlier, unrealistic.

Training is a joke. It's very long and consists of online modules which cover policy and material which is hardly relevant to your job. Most of our group discussions were about how great T-Mobile is and how lucky we were to work for such a great company like Verge Mobile and how much money we were going to make. This should have been a red flag for me. It felt like sitting through a MLM presentation.

Advice to Management

Develop some integrity. Train to sell honestly and develop realistic quotas.

May 26, 2017 – HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback! We are sorry to hear that your current employment experience with us has not been very positive. I suggest speaking to your store manager or district manager about the... More

"I do not give this company enough credit."

I have been working at Verge Mobile full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Extremely welcoming, willing to teach you ways to be successful among the company and t-mobile community. Flexible schedules, great management and decent work culture.

Cons

Annually 10,000 less a year in pay, in comparison to a T-mobile corporate store and a little more hands on work with inventory duties.

Advice to Management

Hire a operations team so your sells team can focus on making more money for the company.

May 26, 2017 – HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback! We are currently in the process of increasing our Field Operations team so we can better support the stores with operational processes.

10. "R2BA"

Current Employee - R2BA in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - R2BA in Houston, TX

I have been working at Verge Mobile full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Daily interaction with teams and customers. Great money. Excellent growth and development opportunities.

Cons

Nothing negative at all whatsoever.

May 26, 2017 – HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback!