VeriPic Account Executive Reviews | Glassdoor

VeriPic Account Executive Reviews

Account Executive

4.0
John Kwan

"This is not for everyone. The work is hard but satisfying."

Former Employee - Account Executive in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at VeriPic full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is California and work life balance is a struggle at any company but, I think VeriPic offers a good balance. People work hard because they are passionate and want to make a difference in the world. Yes, most people check email or work from home in evenings but getting to work at 7 AM means you're out at 3 or 4 PM and you can do a little shopping before dinner or going home.

Cons

VeriPic isn't perfect but I like it here so much that I have a hard time complaining about anything. The only issue is that the building is a little older but the management paid to have it remodeled and I do love having the best looking bathrooms in the Silicon Valley. The bathrooms are actual bathrooms and not stalls so there's plenty of privacy.

Advice to Management

Don't change anything. You are doing a great job !!!

"Great products, great people, great place to work"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Santa Clara, CA

Pros

Management is sharp. They are Stanford and Berkeley graduates that really know their industry and how to make the best products for the target customer. It was nice to represent the best Law Enforcement Software. The products, due to their high quality and performance, represented themselves and the company well making my job as a salesman easy.

Cons

We did have two very dissruptive sales people who were a negative influence. Fortunately they did not stay at the company very long. The management knows how to separate out the good people from the non-performers but they did make hiring mistakes when they brought those two on board. To its credit, the management did manage those people out of the company fairly quickly but it would have been less dissruptive if they were not hired in the first place.

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you're doing. You will own this market very soon. Keep the quality up and don't compromise.

"VeriPic is very good at rewardind and separating good performers from the bad performers"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Santa Clara, CA

Pros

VeriPic has some top notch technology developed by the CEO and the technical team. The CEO is an absolute genius both in the technical sense and as a top sales person himself. The VP of Engineering is also a genius and their tech support people are top notch. My 3 years here have greatly expanded my skill set thanks to the generosity of the senior management for taking the time to train me and explain things to me. This is a great place to learn and grow and I plan to spend a great deal of my future here.

Cons

The company is sometimes too slow to fire non-performers. The management tries to do its best to give people a change to prove themselves. They are too nice. This allows poor performers to stay at the company too long. I know the company wants to helo the people grow but sometimes you need to fire them as soon as you've identified negative people or poor performers.

Advice to Management

You should fire the people as soon as you know they won't work out. Keeping poor performers too long, although a nice gesture, means you spend too much company resources supporting them. This means other employees need to take up the slack caused by these employees. Nevertheless, this management team is still the best I've seen at any company I've worked at.

"Agree with review from April 26"

Former Employee - Account Executive
    Former Employee - Account Executive

I worked at VeriPic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-I was fairly satisfied with my base salary. In fact, I took a pay cut when I made the switch to a new company (worth it).

-Yes, many of the employees were great and a lot of us did become close friends but in some ways it was to insulate ourselves from management, to survive and cope. Also, the personnel changed wildly from one month to the next so I can't really speak for the people as a whole as that did not stay constant.

-The customers were definitely a pleasure to meet and stay in contact with. The saddest part of leaving my job (voluntarily, for the record) was leaving my customers.

-If you can sell here, you can sell ANYWHERE

Cons

There is not a proven sales process that works, once again agreeing with the previous reviewer. As this person mentioned, 1 senior person at VeriPic has the sales process down and everyone else is grasping blindly. In fact upselling new customers is your best bet as cutting through govt red tape to make new sales will certainly take at least 6 months if not 2 years.

Advice to Management

I wholeheartedly agree with the review saying that you need to have a more realistic view of your company. It's healthy to admit your flaws and falling points so that you can improve. I've seen top customers frustrated because we blamed problems on them that were our software's fault. Our customers are very smart.

Work on creating a good product before you sell it. If you create something on a shoestring in a few weeks and sell it to a top customer, that person has to work out all the bugs, which won't make them happy. As a salesperson I need to believe in products I am selling, and I can't get behind something and sell it if it doesn't work or doesn't exist yet.

Hiring a new sales staff every few months is hurting your bottom line, and you should do whatever you can to hire and keep good people. Many of my colleagues at VeriPic were not only great salespeople, but they were also ON FIRE for VeriPic in the beginning. Those types of employees that live and breathe your brand are invaluable. It’s one thing to lose negative people who had bad attitudes—good riddance. But in the most recent mass exodus of VeriPic salespeople, you lost a lot of earnest, positive, hungry, and skilled salespeople that truly wanted to make VeriPic their home. I have seen many of them find new companies where they are happy and extremely successful—the difference is night and day from the environment at VeriPic

Hire a new sales manager and not someone who cancels meetings at the last minute, comes into work late, micromanages everyone, and generally makes enemies out of every salesperson I saw come in and out of that place in the time I was there.

2 buckets of KFC is not enough to feed an entire company. Order enough food when you hold events

You can't call it a "Company event" if you make employees pay for themselves

No one wants your used laundry hamper