VeriPic Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
John Kwan

"Working for VeriPic is the best job ever !"

Current Employee - Engineer in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Engineer in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at VeriPic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The work is very hard, but the psychological satisfaction is wonderful. The culture as well as the environment is well worth the effort with great leadership.

Cons

I have to work hard to achieve my goal. Once the work is done and I see high quality code wrapped inside the shell of a great product I feel a real sense of pride.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. You're on the right track.

"support"

Former Employee - Senior Sales Representative in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Sales Representative in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Can't think of any other than you are never in line waiting to use the restroom.

Cons

Too many to mention, sad, very very sad company. What could have been....

Advice to Management

Get a CEO who can properly run the company

3. "Horrible"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Pros

ALL sales people last 9 mths tops. Look on Linkedin, only one sales rep has been there over a year. The sales/marketing director quit 6 mths ago and so did their sales manager who took her place since then. The company implemented salary cuts and furloughs multiple times. No doubt, in my mind, the company will be closed in the next year.

Cons

Ability to work remote, other than that, absolutely NOTHING!

Advice to Management

Treat your employees better. Your reputation in the industry is horrendous with having a new rep every few months. Also, don't cut budget where a sales rep can't present in person, face time is important with sales. Lastly, come out with products that work, it's embarrassing showing products with so many bugs.

VeriPic Response

Aug 9, 2015 – VeriPic Corporate

The company believes every employee and ex-employee is entitled to their own opinion. If they want to write a negative opinion it is their option to do so. However, we have been having a problem with ... More

5. "The company is in some trouble."

Former Employee - Developer in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Developer in Santa Clara, CA

Pros

They don't micro manage you. Multiple bathrooms.

Cons

This was probably the worst company I've ever worked for. There is a total lack of direction, the turnover is off the charts and people are generally not happy. Since being here we had a one week shut down with no pay/mandatory furlough, 10% salary cut across the board for everyone and travel for sales was put on hold. How are you supposed to sell?

The previous review, which was obviously written by the CEO, is not an accurate review. Upon starting here, there was one person in sales at Veripic beyond 5 months. That is pretty scary to walk into on your first day. In addition, the Director of Sales and Marketing just resigned and so did their main developer, when he was at his annual review and being told he was getting raise. According to him, he took a lower salary position.

The reviews that keep mentioning two employees is just a way for the CEO to say that the same two people are writing these reviews. Well it's not the case and the ones written by the CEO are obvious, because they pretty much say the same thing.

If you really want to get a true idea of how Veripic is, reach out to someone on Linkedin. Im sure you will find an abundance of people that are "past employees", which will give you a sense of the turnover and you will find a few that are current. When you see the current employees on Linkedin, besides the CEO and his wife, only two others have been there beyond two years.

Lastly, I really don't write reviews, but the misleading reviews that attributed to me joining Veripic, has put my family in a tough and scary position.

Advice to Management

None at this time.

VeriPic Response

Aug 9, 2015 – VeriPic Corporate

We have a person who was fired. That person spends their time writing bad reviews about the company over and over like this review. We, like all companies should, fire people who either don't ... More

"This is not for everyone. The work is hard but satisfying."

Former Employee - Account Executive in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at VeriPic full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is California and work life balance is a struggle at any company but, I think VeriPic offers a good balance. People work hard because they are passionate and want to make a difference in the world. Yes, most people check email or work from home in evenings but getting to work at 7 AM means you're out at 3 or 4 PM and you can do a little shopping before dinner or going home.

Cons

VeriPic isn't perfect but I like it here so much that I have a hard time complaining about anything. The only issue is that the building is a little older but the management paid to have it remodeled and I do love having the best looking bathrooms in the Silicon Valley. The bathrooms are actual bathrooms and not stalls so there's plenty of privacy.

Advice to Management

Don't change anything. You are doing a great job !!!

"I love the customers, people and product"

Former Employee - Marketing Associate in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Marketing Associate in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at VeriPic full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is a great environment to have worked. The customers are really polite. The people at the company really care about making society a better place. That's why they work here.

Cons

Management cares a lot about productivity and the happiness of the customers. The managers are quick to fire people who don't pull their weight. The best way to stay employed is to do a good job.

Advice to Management

I'm glad you fire the bad employees so fast. Negative attitudes are infectious and bad for the rest of us who try to do a good job.

"This job will challeng your skills.... in a good way."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at VeriPic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The training is top notch. You would normally not expect it for a mid-sized company but everything is extremely organized. You start with 2 weeks of orientation and training where every hour of the process is scripted with information about the products and the market. Then you are mentored by being assigned to one senior team member who will show you how it's done. Every process is documented so if you have any question about anything you can easily get the answer.

Cons

The company used to be smaller and more cozy. As the company's reputation got better and better growth set in and it's gotten to the point where the people that I knew at the begining are only a small fraction of the total number of people. I left last year and it had a great environment then and now as far as I know. I hope that growth doesn't change the environment going forward.

Advice to Management

Even with your growth and success I hope you will continue to work hard to keep the culture and environment the same as in years past.

"Mixed bag of greatness with some minor stress"

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at VeriPic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good Culture where stated Values are adhered to. Exceptions are few and stand out like sore thumbs. Employees are allowed a good amount of freedom and there is a level of trust between the leadership and the individual contributors that I've not seen at any other company I've been at.

People are given mind share to introduce intelligent change into the organization.

I love the benefits package.

Cons

VeriPic is a very customer-driven company, so most decisions are made to cater to customers. This sometimes puts stress on the employees but I understand this is necessary because this is a growing company and customer satisfaction is what drives growth. THe planned growth in 2014 is 95% year over year which is extremely agressive. We'll have to wait and see if we adhere to plan.

Advice to Management

Get out of the "Bay Area Only" mindset. Learn to have teams in states other than California. That will help the company grow.

"Totally awesome company to work for"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at VeriPic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great training !!!

I came here with a good education but no prior knowledge of government sales. The management taught me everything. Now I know all about bids, RFPs, budget cycles, sole source, etc.

The management here is excellent. Sarah Dempsey is a top notch manager and knows every little detail about the needs of Law Enforcement and why our product is right for them. John Kwan, our founder, and Tony Chang the head of engineering are some of the world's smartest engineers and really know the software industry. They have lots of stories to tell from other companies where they've worked at before. Lots of experience between all of them.

If you want some of the world's best training this is the place to be.

Cons

I wish I could have gone to more conferences. Those are really fun to be at.

Advice to Management

Rotate people to the conferences more often so that everybody in the sales staff gets several chances to go to a conference each year.

"Interesting little company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at VeriPic (More than a year)

Pros

The products are interesting. They are constantly developing new products. The engineering team is making an effort to operate like a software company. There's an employee handbook, and the HR seems to be run adequately. Paychecks are reliable. There may be jobs that you would like to try, and for which you have none of the usual credentials, and it is possible at VeriPic to do things like that. The people are personable and generally well intentioned.

Cons

This is like the 'Mom and Pop' stores that used to be scattered around. An ambitious couple decide that having their own company will give them a chance to work together. Of course they take on the management. They have no real experience, no advisors, and are not accountable to anyone. They are bright themselves and think that anyone can learn anything. It is hard to make sense of the plans for the company, with talk of significant expansion, and the passing months when goals are abandoned as if they never existed. There doesn't seem to be a business plan. Also, like in the 'Mom and Pop' stores, there is no uniformity to the job assignments, and of course the owners develop personal favorites and confidants, much more than where a company is run like a business.

Advice to Management

Get some management advice that you would be willing to listen to. You can have an advisory board. It would not require changing everything you do, but it would give you some basic information that you missed somehow. For example, a business plan is a pre-requisite to a marketing plan. You have so many strengths that it is painful to see VeriPic just shuffle along; find someone who can help you pull that strength together and go somewhere. Or acknowledge that you prefer a small company, one that you can easily put your arms around, and that you like what you have now. That's OK too if it is what you like. Otherwise, you are raising expectations among the employees that they have real careers with VeriPic and that it has a great potential.