Verian Reviews | Glassdoor

4.2
Verian President & CEO Tehseen Ali Dahya
Tehseen Ali Dahya

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Great Company to Work In"

Current Employee - Chief Realist in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Chief Realist in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Verian full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Not work 'for', but 'in'. Verian allows their employees to develop, grow, succeed, fail, and learn from their experiences. Basware acquired Verian 1 month ago, and the company is expanding it's footprint in the market space continuing the culture and mission. If you cannot find a place at Basware/Verian to succeed, then you should not work for any technology firm. The people are from many backgrounds, and fantastic to work and socialize with. I've been at Verian over 5 years serving in many roles. If you 'want' to have a career, Basware/Verian is a great place to be.

Cons

Commute to the office increased by 5 minutes this year due to new construction in Fort Mill.

Advice to Management

Have more lunch time food events: chili cook offs, food trucks, ice cream trucks.

"Maturing Organization"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Verian full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Verian is in a growth stage and that's an exciting time to be here. The people are fun and the salaries are competitive.

Cons

Since Verian is growing there are things that could be run a little smoother. Sometimes it feels like the company Verian talks about being isn't always the company that Verian is, but I believe that's true in a lot of places.

Advice to Management

I'm not involved in that world, they seem to be doing the best they can.

"Diamond in the Rough for All-Star Team Players"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Fort Mill, SC
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Fort Mill, SC

I have been working at Verian full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Verian's culture is a rarity among other companies of this size. From top-to-bottom, the team radiates an entrepreneurial attitude. Team players, self-starters, learners, teachers, and innovators have found their way to Verian and built a great culture that promotes the success of the company, the team, and the individual. The CEO is one of the most inspiring, level-headed, capable, experienced, and driven individuals you will ever meet. There is lots of opportunity to grow, pivot, and learn at Verian. Company-wide, you will find support in getting the right people in the right roles. Putting in hard work certainly goes noticed and does pay off. Verian is a stable company with steady growth and great clients.

Cons

While competitive, Verian isn't the highest paying company in this sector. If you are simply seeking dollars, please look elsewhere. That said, if you are a team fit and value a company culture like that found at Verian, the non-tangible benefits are well worth the difference in pay.

4. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Indian Land, SC
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Indian Land, SC

I have been working at Verian full-time

Pros

The best things about Verian:
    - Flexible Schedules & Work Life Balance
    - Good Salary & Bonus structures
    - Great group of people
    - Opportunities to grow within or transfer departments
    - Multiple perks (happy hours, events, table tennis, chili cookoffs, etc)
    - They will go the extra mile to retain great employees
    - They are open about the companies financials

Cons

There have been some growing pains in the past couple of years, but they seemed to have addressed most of them. Unfortunately those growing pains resulted in a loss of some great employees.

Advice to Management

Solicit feedback from employees occasionally.
    Standardize some of the common processes

5. "Best company I ever worked for, bar none."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Mill, SC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Mill, SC

I have been working at Verian full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people, the atmosphere and the compensation are all big perks to this company.
    The CEO acknowledges an appreciates his staff and the role that each of us play in making this company successful. My co workers in each department are super people and very likable. Their is also considerable flexibility and latitude afforded to us.

Cons

Some of the growing pains means their is not always a clear cut path or direction; which can lead to some ambiguity and frustration at times. So structurally, there is still some work to do.

Advice to Management

My advice to management is simple; have a regular meeting with those subordinate to you.
    Continue to remain open to their concerns, thoughts and needs. Ensure they feel connected to what is going on respective to their position; and supply them the tools/frame work for success.

Verian Response

May 27, 2014 – Talent Acquisition Leader

Thanks for your feedback, we appreciate it. We are happy to hear that you’re enjoying your time at Verian.

6. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Technical Consultant in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Technical Consultant in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Verian full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun Environment, Good Technology Stack, Nice Pay and Benefits. Upper Management cares for the employees.

Cons

Might get monotonous sometimes. But otherwise okay

7. "'Best Place to Work'! Company and Culture"

Current Employee - Director of Human Resources in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Director of Human Resources in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Verian full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The people are the best of the best, and are the primary reason Verian won the designation "Best Places to Work" in Charlotte! Devoted, dedicated, bright, passionate, client-focused and caring are just some of the adjectives that come to mind when I think of our team!

Cons

Resources are dedicated with frugality in mind, which some may see as a con.....from my perspective, it's a factor that helps keep us profitable, stable and able to grow!

Advice to Management

I am incredibly proud of our leadership team, who not only understand how to move our business forward in the marketplace, but also devote their time and energies to each individual on their team, on a daily basis. Managers encourage their employees to expand their careers at Verian, taking on new challenges and exploring new work vistas, which is unique and rare in today's business culture. Putting a team member on a career path to achieve their short and long term goals is a regular occurrence at Verian, and helps to promote both individual and corporate success!

8. "Small but growing, privately held company"

Current Employee - Programmer Analyst in Indian Land, SC
    Current Employee - Programmer Analyst in Indian Land, SC

I have been working at Verian full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

While growing, it still has a small-company feel. Individual work is valued more highly than at larger companies. Management has been very flexible with employee working conditions, allowing several employees to work remotely when needed. A few team members even work remotely full time.

Cons

"ColdFusion experience" is not a very marketable bullet point on your resume.

Company is going through "growing pains" as it transitions from a company where one person could know every feature of our software, to one where that is not possible any more.

Benefits are not that great, compared to what you would get from a large corporation.

9. "Surrounded by progressively thinking and intelligent team members."

Current Employee - Implementation Consultant in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Implementation Consultant in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Verian full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Verian is a place to exercise critical thinking skills, develop and promote new ideas, listen and be heard, participate in multiple work and social activities, have fun, work - all with a laser focus for taking care of customers.

Cons

The year-over-year growth in all areas of the business causes pain. Not all areas of the organization mature at the same pace. This not a con, it just requires patience and understanding.

Advice to Management

Remember to show the same love to team members that you do to customers - small things can make a big difference.

10. "Great small/med company with allot of future growth potential that takes care of its people"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Verian full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company with allot of opportunities for people, fast pace and diverse work environment. You will learn to wear many hats and work on all types of projects.

Cons

Sometimes the changes are happening too fast and plans can change often, you have to be willing to adjust and adapt all the time.

Advice to Management

Continue to take care of your people, keep the same small company culture in the future.