Verisk 3E Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.3
Edmund Webecke

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • They don't like remote employees, but if you occasionally need to work from home, it generally isn't a problem (in 3 reviews)

• Job security if you keep your head down (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Departments operate in silos where managers and supervisors are allowed near ultimate power with little oversight from upper management (in 4 reviews)

• Senior management strategy & direction is vaguely, if ever communicated (in 3 reviews)

1. "I love working here!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Canton, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Canton, OH

I have been working at Verisk 3E full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Honestly I'm seeing some great things going on here! The new leadership cares heavily about us and are showing it through increases, promotions, training on and on

Cons

Gone are the old days and we are moving in a wonderful direction

Advice to Management

Keep up the hard work and thank you for caring about the people!

"Some good some bad"

I worked at Verisk 3E full-time

Pros

Good people to work with. Management tries to keep up morale.

Cons

Some of the management has been there a long time and is very stuck in their ways. Not a very fast growing company.

Advice to Management

Get some new visionaries. Glad to see the last CEO has been replaced since he was not a leader.

"Overworked, Underpaid, Unkind"

I worked at Verisk 3E full-time

Pros

Attempts at improvements to morale with limited results

Cons

Departments operate in silos where managers and supervisors are allowed near ultimate power with little oversight from upper management.

Advice to Management

Allow employees more opportunities to develop and grow professionally and keep your personal issues out of it. Pay entry-level and mid-level employees a decent wage that matches your very high expectations to help curb your extreme levels of employee turn-over. Don't take the word of a supervisor over the word of a subordinate just because of their titles and let them go power-crazy and take out their issues on their teams.

4. "Hazardous Materials Technician"

Current Employee - Hazardous Materials Technician in Carlsbad, CA
    Current Employee - Hazardous Materials Technician in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at Verisk 3E full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is a great company! It has its own issues like any work place. But over all they are always trying to better their self as a company and their employees. They always have something going on for the employees and have great holiday time off and benefits. Great atmosphere and healthy work environment.

Cons

Some of the work processes are more complicated than they need to be. This is something that is being addressed but will take time. Other than that it’s a great place.

Advice to Management

Keep working on streamlining the work processes! Stay involved and understand that everyone has a lot of different things they are working on. Sometimes it gets to be a bit over whelming when you are handed multiple projects on top of the ones you already have. Just be aware of what you have your employees assigned too and how much multitasking is going on. Other than that it’s great. It’s not always over bearing.

"Sales"

I worked at Verisk 3E full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The organization has a solid purpose which provides a meaningful work environment. Managers are trying their best to give relevant feedback.

Cons

A lot of management changes can be confusing at times. People come and go at a fast pace and compensation structures are being changed not to the benefit of the sales team.

"Good company"

Current Employee - Business Data Analyst/Manager
    Current Employee - Business Data Analyst/Manager

I have been working at Verisk 3E full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was working for around 5 yrs now and happy with what I was assigned. Newer products are exciting but not very well designed....

Cons

Give some thought to the business needs and what customer would ask for. Give IT a chance to manage themselves and honor there opinions.

Advice to Management

Budget is a concern but cost cutting should be across team and not only for a few.

"Great Work Environment"

I have been working at Verisk 3E full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good company culture; management is usually not micromanaging. Less office drama than other companies can have. We aim to build good products and stand by our work. It's a good place to grow your skills -- we often hire people without a lot of experience and are willing to invest the time to get their skills built up.

Cons

In my office, there is a general consensus that people are not paid as much as they should be. You may get a cost of living increase along with a promotion.

Advice to Management

My advice would be to have more backbone when talking with clients. Too often we just do whatever the client wants in order to keep them as a client instead of telling them no, it doesn't make sense to add this and our employees don't have time to do the extra work needed to accomplish it.

Also, pay your employees more.

"Finally moving in the right direction"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at Verisk 3E full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

New President is excellent and has a solid vision for the company. He is compassionate and cares about the employees and the company.

Cons

More work/life balance would go a long way with building employee trust and engagement.

Advice to Management

Reminder to some of the management, efficiency is not everything, you don't want to lose the human aspect only looking at the numbers.

"Room for improvement"

I have been working at Verisk 3E full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good work-life balance. If you need to take time off for kids or doctors appointments they will let you make up the time throughout the week or take PTO. They are also somewhat flexible when it comes from working from home. They don't like remote employees, but if you occasionally need to work from home, it generally isn't a problem.

Cons

The culture has a long way to go. There are people that have been with the company for a long time that don't like change. In fact they will throw up roadblocks for most solutions that are provided to challenges.

Advice to Management

Focus on employee engagement, innovation, and process improvement. Your employees want to help the company grow and succeed. They have great ideas, but need to feel that their voice is heard and otherwise be engaged to develop and present these ideas to management.

"It's OK if you don't care too much"

I worked at Verisk 3E full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- Good work-life balance
    - Great collegiality
    - Interesting subject matter and growing demand for the expertise
    - Job security if you keep your head down
    - Good benefits package (vacation, insurance, and retirement plan)
    - Nice location

Cons

- Unwilling and slow to innovate
    - Departments working in silos and competing for resources
    - Annual review is silly and employee engagement survey is a tool for retaliation
    - Low pay
    - Little visibility to the company's strategies and product plans
    - High turn-over of talented people
    - Too much office politics
    - Cheapest company I've ever worked for
    - Was better when it was a private company - before being bought

Advice to Management

Focus on people, rather than counting pennies. Be more transparent about company vision, strategies, and product improvements. Continue listening to employees rather than ignoring them. Create a safe workplace for people to speak up. Pay people better. Get rid of or improve the annual review. Do not use the employee engagement survey as a witch hunt. Implement improvements a bit faster and become more efficient in doing so.