Verisys Reviews

Updated Feb 1, 2021

4.0
Verisys Co-Founder & COO John P. Benson (no image)
John P. Benson
Pros
  • "Strong onboarding process, Great Benefits, Open door policy(in 15 reviews)

• "Work/Life balance - Verisys is an employer who truly values its employees and understands we have family's outside of work(in 7 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Then COVID hit, and they let go more than 25% of their workers(in 4 reviews)

• "I expressed my concerns to management and HR which were dismissed after various meetings and did not resolve the issue at hand(in 3 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Featured Review

Exceptional place to work with amazing sense of purpose.

Aug 31, 2020 - Quality Analyst in South Jordan, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Purpose driven work. Amazing coworkers. Exciting projects. Excellent environment. Competitive Pay.

Cons

Personally I don’t have any cons to list.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great culture and benefits

Jan 14, 2021 - Director of Sales in Glenside, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Strong onboarding process, Great Benefits, Open door policy

Cons

I have been here for 2 weeks. No cons to date

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Unlimited Potential

May 28, 2020 - Senior DevOps Engineer in South Jordan, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Challenging work and you will never find yourself bored. You are the captain of your ship so things are how you make it. All companies have technological challenges. The passion of everyone at Verisys is what makes their challenges a fun to work on. The IT team is really fun to work with and are constantly exploring new possibilities. The opportunity to grow and learn at Verisys is unlimited. This is still a young company but growing fast. The culture has improved month after month of being with Verisys. The team is hard working and passionate about doing a good job. The teams have reached a point of excellence in collaboration and getting seemingly impossibly tasks finished in impressive time.

Cons

The backlogs can seem overwhelming at times. But rest assured you can build a fortress one brick at a time if you keep focus. The on boarding is a bit steep of a learning curve because of the breadth of information that has to be covered.

4. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

High Turnover

Feb 1, 2021 - Production Analyst in South Jordan, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great coworkers, awesome building and location.

Cons

Very stressful if you do not fit in with the office cliques. You will almost never get a raise or promotion unless you are one of the favorites

Verisys Response

Hi there. Thank you for your review. We would like to address a few things with this review. Since April 2020 we have had only 10 resignations in the production department and we have a very low turnover rate throughout the company at the time this response was made. Regarding promotions and raises; we do annual merit increases every year and last year Verisys was ranked #3 in the nation among small and medium-sized businesses for professional development. Since March 18, 2020 we have been working 100% remotely as a company and this review does not reflect our current environment. Also, please look at the banner of our profile to see all the awards our company won in 2020. We wish you the best of luck and success in your career.

5. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Unsustainable Growth

Jun 10, 2020 - Content Analyst
      Business Outlook

Pros

Values relationships--team-building nature walks twice a week, potlucks, game time with co-workers, pizza parties

Cons

When I was hired, I kept hearing about the company's amazing growth, saw a ton of new people hired while I worked there, heard about how they just moved to a bigger office and how they were going to outgrow the current office. Then COVID hit, and they let go more than 25% of their workers. The growth they were touting was not sustainable. No one could have foreseen the impact of coronavirus, but there was obviously not a plan for anything other than the rapid growth they were experiencing at the time, no emergency contingencies or even plans for what to do if they lost a contract--just excitement and (too) fast expansion. Even a couple of weeks before I was laid off, I was told our jobs were more important than ever, and that nothing bad would happen with coronavirus. I worked hard at this job and was proud of my work. I thought I was contributing. I thought what I was doing mattered. And then I was laid off--and was brusquely let know by suddenly being cut off from the company VPN, Slack, email, and all other contact with the company and my co-workers with no warning, with no chance to say goodbye, and not even the opportunity to pass on the projects I had been working on.

1 person found this review helpful

Verisys Response

Thank you for your feedback. You were working hard and contributing. All individuals who were impacted by our reduction in force are eligible for rehire when we start to hire again. As a company, we will announce when we start hiring to our alumni first when that day happens. We hope that you will apply when that time comes. Please note that due to the COVID-19 virus, we didn't have time to transfer projects or bring everyone back into the office for goodbyes. We were transparent throughout the process and mentioned many times that this was not ideal and not how we would have liked it to be. If we can assist you in any way right now, please reach out to the HR team, and we are happy to help with resume reviews, introductions, and references.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

The best company I've worked for, ever.

Sep 1, 2020 - Production Associate
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great PTO, and after the first year it doubles. Pay is very competitive, and I have some great opportunities to work overtime, and extra incentives to make the overtime REALLY worth it. The heads over the production remind me of the perfect example of bosses. Always willing to listen, and work with you, and very understanding that you have a life outside of work too. Along with that, the whole team knows how to have a good time, and get a ton of work done at the same time, which is always fun taking a 5 minute break to put a smile on your face, and then go right back to working hard! Also, this company has done remote so well, kudos to the management team for making such a seamless transition. Also, I have to point out who all of my coworkers are amazing, I've never had any pain points with anyone in this company which is awesome, and it's nice knowing you can trust other people to get their share of the work done.

Cons

This is the hard part, which should say a lot. The work can get a little tedious at times, but this can easily be overcome for me, by getting away from my computer for just 2 or 3 minutes, or something along those lines, which could be just topping off my water, or using the bathroom.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Verisys is a mission-driven, collaborative company

Oct 18, 2020 - Corporate Compliance Officer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Verisys is a mission-driven, collaborative company that really cares about it's team members. I feel like what I do is important to protect healthcare patients in the U.S . Verisys has a great atmosphere, flexible schedules, career opportunities, educational growth, and excellent benefits and perks.

Cons

I can't think of any cons.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Without a doubt the best place I've ever worked. Period.

Dec 11, 2019 - Administrator in Baton Rouge, LA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Learning opportunities: I feel tremendously lucky to be in a job where I learn something new everyday and where my team encourages me to experiment, learn and develop. Plenty of room for Growth. I'm very thankful to The Leadership Team for giving me the opportunity. Manager/leadership: My director is great, constantly gives me good feedback and advocates for us constantly. I have a lot of confidence in my department leadership; I feel like they really take our feedback to heart. People & culture: The people are great and the culture is very welcoming and friendly. I really enjoy working with my team and have a lot of respect for the teammates, mentors and leaders I've met here. Work/life balance: My manager & team leaders very actively promote flexibility, much PTO given along with 11 paid holidays. Incentives: Break room filled with complimentary snacks/drinks. Monthly birthday celebrations, Weekly Team Building Activities, Employee Events. Benefits: Great Insurance- Dental, Vision, Health, Life Insurance, Paid Holidays. Leadership Team: Values your opinions. GREAT TEAM!

Cons

Post-acquisition plan: I think we're still finding our footing. There's been a fair amount of turnover as we reorient towards the next big milestone. No Complaints.

1 person found this review helpful
    9. 5.0

Wonderful Company!

Sep 1, 2020 - Sales Operations Specialist in South Jordan, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Verisys has been changing a lot over the past bit of time that I've worked here. The leadership team has become much more transparent, helpful, and more willing to help employees advance.

Cons

There aren't many, but one of the biggest is that it is often hard to see how we can best take advantage of potential to increase compensation.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Amazing Company and Amazing Team

Dec 11, 2019 - Corporate Recruiter in South Jordan, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Leadership - The leadership in Baton Rouge is phenomenal and truly believes in transparency and treating the employees as a person and not just an employee. Culture - Fun and exciting work environment with a great sense of urgency to get the job done, but also have fun while doing it. Celebrating occasions such as birthdays and holidays as a team. Again showing value to the employees. Team - From management, the office administrator to the providers services representatives you feel the passion and the friendliness and comfort of family. It truly is a family in Baton Rouge and when I visited I had such an amazing time connecting with all the employees. Work/Life balance - Verisys is an employer who truly values its employees and understands we have family's outside of work. Great Paid time off and paid company holidays. Mission - Verisys mission is impeccable ! What we do as a company and what we value is one of a kind. Opportunities for growth - Verisys again truly values its employees and career advancement is encouraged and supported. Believes with promoting from within. Compensation and benefits are amazing. Again shows the value of the employee.

Cons

I honestly don't have any negative things to say about Verisys as a Company and employer.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 122 Reviews