KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Veritas Collaborative Reviews

Updated Jun 26, 2022

Found 142 of over 148 reviews

3.1
Veritas Collaborative CEO Dave Willcutts (no image)
Dave Willcutts

The latest conversations about Healthcare

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Veritas Collaborative and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 3.0
    Former Employee

Not the Best, Not the Worst

Jun 26, 2022 - Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) in Durham, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Being able to witness recovery process from ED

Cons

Frequent management changes Not the best part

2. 4.0
    Former Employee

Awesome Learning Environment/Hard Work

Jun 25, 2022 - Mental Health Technician
    Business Outlook

Pros

Many learning opportunities, trainings, etc. Nice work environment even for inpatient setting Friendly and warm coworkers

Cons

Very acute environment especially if you are on inpatient level You need to be comfortable with patients self-harming, and other acute behaviors that may be hard for some to handle. They will train you on how to handle these situations, but it still doesn't mean that this work becomes any easier. You are with patients all day, including when they use the restroom which may be discomforting for some.

Veritas Collaborative Response

Thank you for your review! We're happy to hear you enjoyed the work environment and learning opportunities while you were with us. We appreciate our Mental Health Technicians for all they do to help our patients!

3. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Not Great

Jun 23, 2022 - Therapeutic Assistant in Dunwoody, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible scheduling Patients are great (mostly)

Cons

Long shifts Micromanagement Horrible communication

Veritas Collaborative Response

Thank you for your review and observations on how we can improve.

4. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Jun 20, 2022 - Psychotherapist
    Business Outlook

Pros

The therapist and RD teams are great and work well together, you truly get to see progress made when working with patients and families, easy to get clinical supervision hours

Cons

Low pay and little opportunity for advancement, chances for raises are far and few in between and really not enough to see a difference in a paycheck, not all of the Directors are qualified for their position, making it more difficult to get the assistance you might need

Veritas Collaborative Response

Thank you for your review. We will share your observations with leadership.

5. 3.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Eye opening experience, not for everyone

Jun 6, 2022 - Therapeutic Assistant in Dunwoody, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Eye opening and educative experience Make your own schedule/ 3 days per week minimum Not required to wear scrubs Less intense than working at a regular mental hospital. If you’ve worked at facilities such as Ridgeview, Laurel Heights and Devereaux, this place might seem like Disney World on the first month (but that gets old fast). The team is also slightly more professional than at those places

Cons

Solid overall team but can feel cliquish at times. Not enough pay for the work that is asked of you/Under-appreciated. Don’t get me wrong, it’s not a very difficult job, but not only are you asked to observe patients, but you are also required to accurately calculate how much of the meal the patients consume/pour supplement/report the information in a database and in a shift report, etc. There have been many times where a TA was more knowledgeable on calculations than the dieticians. Opportunities to get a raise or advancement are slim to none, doesn’t matter how many years you’ve put in. Twelve hour shifts

Veritas Collaborative Response

We appreciate your review and are glad to hear you are finding your time with us educational and less intense than other facilities. We hear your concerns and will share them with leadership. Thank you for your review.

6. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Unfair /Unethical Practices presented A Waste of Time, Efforts and Energy to work at Veritas

May 27, 2022 - Management in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

There were very few pros if any when working at Veritas. Unfair and discriminatory concerns consistently with employees and unethical practices with the patients.

Cons

Veritas has unethical practices regarding their patients and employees. Veritas has a brilliant, multi-million-dollar, money-making scheme, wherein patients are like revolving doors, in and out and over and over again. The Veritas system is set up accordingly, whether in-patient or out-patient treatment. This genius, money-making system definitely works for Veritas, a for-profit business, but certainly Not for the revolving-door patients. An example of Veritas's deceitful and money-scheming practices is how the patients are fattened up with all kinds of unhealthy junk foods, cakes, brownies, cookies, potato chips, rice crispy cakes, and Friday's greasy pizza, and lots of high sodium canned and packaged foods, including thick, high-calorie milkshakes that Veritas makes. Though these foods are high in calories, they literally have no nutritional value whatsoever. Unfortunately, parents are unaware of Veritas fattening food practices, while at the same time, the parents are extremely happy that their child, who has an eating disorder, is "getting better" as she/he has put on weight. Unsanitary practices were very disconcerting to me as well. Veritas maintains the practice of everyone wearing gloves when serving. But employees and patients are handling food containers with fingerprints & smudges while also placing their hands in those same containers to get unwrapped food items. It is likened to an assembly line with everyone touching, handling, and placing their hands in/out the same containers, while also opening the refrigerator and dining area cabinet. Yet it is considered sanitary, just because everyone is wearing gloves. I further observed these unsafe practices after a colleague was diagnosed with h pylori. In addition, I have witnessed patients come into Veritas facility without medicines, and immediately become medicated with all kinds of psychotropic drugs. The more Veritas prescribes medications, the greater the facility's revenues. I witnessed 8-11 year old and 12 to 17+-year-olds, whose bottom feet were completely yellowish red. It does not take a medical doctor or a rocket scientist to know that yellowish-red feet are not normal and are associated with an unhealthy liver. Unfortunately, those kids may eventually have CIRRHOSIS of the liver due to the intake of a multiplicity of psychotropic drugs and meds that Veritas highly encourages. I have witnessed the children taking these drugs without even a dixie cup of water. Furthermore, if a biological female is confused about their gender, certainly, she will leave Veritas knowing without a doubt that she is fully male. The same is true for biological males. The confused biological male will leave Veritas, fully aware that he is female. In addition, the patients have an understanding that they could outright lie to management /supervisors, causing staff to become terminated. In many instances, supervisors know that some of these patients are being dishonest. Sometimes it is simply a joke to some of these patients. But the patients' parents are paying out-of-pocket monies and through insurance, I believe if not more, ($2,000 -$ 3,000) a day for the children to stay at Veritas. Therefore, management will terminate employees while fully knowing the patient's story was fictitious. But management will please the kids to continue banking and stacking the parents' monies. Veritas' unethical and unfair practices remain concerning. For example, the salary is inappropriate for degreed and or non-degreed experienced females. Moreover, it is well known that there is discrimination concerning equal salary opportunities for women versus men. Veritas pays men a greater wage than women in what appears to be in most cases across the board. In closing, this critical examination and review of my former employer are based on consistent experiences and observations during my employment. On these bases, I do not believe Veritas cares about the children, the patients at all, or their employees, only the bottom line, their capital. Veritas has flourished and become wealthy on the back of these children and their need of them to gain wealth. Veritas has no use for these children other than using them as a revolving door to gain wealth.

2 people found this review helpful

Veritas Collaborative Response

Veritas Collaborative takes your feedback very seriously and vehemently denies your allegations of unethical practices and abuse. Veritas Collaborative’s highest priority is to offer exceptional care for our patients. We would like to follow up with you to understand your review, as there is no record of the incidents you describe. Please reach out to Jackie Ottoson, VP of HR, at Jackie.Ottoson@accanto.com so we can continue the conversation. Should you decide to not connect with our representative or remove the false and defamatory portions of your review, we will consider our legal options to have this post removed.

7. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Poorly run organization

May 14, 2022 - Intake in Durham, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Meaningful work with really great coworkers, good health insurance and PTO plan if you've been at the company for a while, 401k match

Cons

High turnover, poor management, low salary, burnout!

Veritas Collaborative Response

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback and wish you all the best.

8. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to work and grow!

May 4, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Competitive benefits Passionate mission driven leaders Room for growth in the company Ability to make a difference in patients recovery

Cons

Can be difficult working with acute patients Holiday and weekend requirements for some staff

9. 3.0

It's alright

Apr 9, 2022 - Therapeutic Assistant
    Business Outlook

Pros

- you get close with the kids - there is something different going on everyday if you like a fast paced environment

Cons

- bad management - pay needs to be higher for the type of work we're doing

1 person found this review helpful

10. 5.0

Working at Veritas Collaborative

Mar 15, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Team work collaboration is great!

Cons

Career advancement is somewhat limited; some patients can be difficult to handle.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 142 Reviews

Veritas Collaborative Reviews FAQs

Veritas Collaborative has an overall rating of 3.1 out of 5, based on over 148 reviews left anonymously by employees. 55% of employees would recommend working at Veritas Collaborative to a friend and 41% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 5% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Veritas Collaborative employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.2 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Veritas Collaborative. This rating has decreased by -6% over the last 12 months.

55% of Veritas Collaborative employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Veritas Collaborative 3.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.2 for culture and values and 3.2 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Veritas Collaborative to be career development, benefits, coworkers and the cons to be senior leadership, culture, management.

Popular Careers with Veritas Collaborative Job Seekers