Veritas Collaborative Employee Reviews about "great mission"

Updated Aug 14, 2019

Found 7 of over 142 reviews

3.2
Veritas Collaborative CEO Dave Willcutts (no image)
Dave Willcutts

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

The latest conversations about Healthcare

Join the conversation on

Healthcare

30.6K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/medicine-2/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Veritas Collaborative~796857
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Veritas Collaborative and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "great mission"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Company...Promising Future

Aug 14, 2019 - Clinician in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

It's a growing company with a great mission and the CEO really cares about everyone. Leadership actually takes the time to listen and makes genuine efforts to implement change for the best.

Cons

There are some growing pains that have yet to be ironed out and more structure is needed at all levels of the company. But this is pretty much the norm with any new business.

2 people found this review helpful

President

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us - know that I myself and your leadership team is actively listening and acting upon the feedback given. You're right - Veritas has experienced its fair share of growing pains over the last few years as we have grown from one hospital to a multi-site healthcare system, in order to provide vital access to needed care for patients and their families. Thank you again for sharing your feedback - we are lucky to have you as part of the Veritas Collaborative team! Best regards, Mike Browder President

2. 5.0
    Former Contractor, more than 3 years

Temp. Admin Assistant

Jan 10, 2019 - Executive Assistant in Research Triangle Park, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Beautifully designed building and work environment. Great mission and a divine purpose to combat food disorders in all ages and races. High-level executives are constantly working and eagerly collaborating to develop new processes for the success of clients and employees. Employees come from a wide variety of demographics and backgrounds which promotes a business setting full of innovation, creativity, productivity, and the simplicity of awareness. There was never a time that I witnessed an issue brought to the executive's attention that wasn't handled in a timely, unbiased manner.

Cons

The cons are more so based on the temporary agency that staffed me, and the ignorance I personally possessed of what questions to ask and what the actual meaning of contract work means. I left a full-time job without knowing that the recruiter sold me a dream, but it resulted in a lot of insight and knowledge that I lacked before obtaining that position. I was disappointed in the lack of communication and lack of feedback I received from the organization itself, upon my early departure, on how I could improve and advance my career path moving forward. However, now understanding I was just a temp, I have accepted that investing that time would not be beneficial to the company and its just business. Looking back with the knowledge I now have, I regret focusing on being the best "guinea pig" for the other admin and not capitalizing on the opportunity to learn and network with the remarkable executives I was lucky enough to meet.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  3. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Shaky foundation

Aug 5, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The patients are often intelligent, funny and hardworking. There is a lot that can be learned from the staff as well. Great mission, gorgeous facilities. Better perks than most mental health jobs.

Cons

The leadership’s focus on growth is short sighted and unrealistic when the existing hospitals are so unstable. There is a lot of foundational work that should be done before trying to expand so quickly. There is little respect for scope of practice and boundaries are frequently blurred and unclear. TAs are expected to be jacks of all trades (pseudo therapists, babysitters and dietitians) and then get in trouble when they make missteps.

8 people found this review helpful

Veritas Collaborative

We'd like to ensure our current and future staff that our hospitals are stable. While we may experience some growing pains, we are and continue to be a collaborative community where patients and families can thrive. With that said, we encourage you to speak to our leadership team or your HR team if you have concerns. We want our staff to feel heard and so thank you for sharing your comments.

4. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Read between the lines

Jul 16, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

There are a lot of really amazing people that work here. The clients and their families definitely bring a lot of flavor to the mix. Veritas has a great mission and vision, and is one that I personally believe in. This is a very challenging population to work with, while also being one that is easy to care about. It's nice to have a job that provides a variety of snacks so you don't have to worry about skipping a meal if you forget lunch and are too busy to go get anything. You get to meet a lot of people and watch patients come back to life.

Cons

All disciplines are overworked and understaffed. It seems that it is more important to get heads in beds than it is to make sure patients and their families are receiving high quality and compassionate care. Supervisors can be very passive aggressive: perfect example is I recently asked for help because my current workload is completely unmanageable. My supervisor responded by throwing an additional 1/3 of my current workload on top of what I'm already unable to achieve. "Merit increases" were almost an insult. If the review score is equivalent to an A an employee should not be given a less than 1% increase, after having been employed for over a year! You have to constantly read between the lines of what is actually being said and what is meant. Management definitely plays favorites and does not assign patients in a balanced manner. Staff are stretched entirely too thin by having too many demands placed upon them, or having to juggle multiple roles. This struggle is not unique to one specific discipline. Managers that talk negatively about staff they supervise to other staff members they supervise. ZERO support from supervisors or leadership, at least for multiple disciplines. There is one particular member of the leadership team that actively tries to help when she sees someone struggling and follows through on her offers to help.

7 people found this review helpful

President

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. And especially thank you for not only supporting our mission and vision but by believing in and living it each day. Know that your leadership team is listening and working to continually improve our workplace culture and environment for our employees. We have received feedback about employee turnover and it is something we are actively working to address, along with improving communication and feedback between managers and their teams through extensive leadership training workshops. But beyond the general and onto the specific. I sincerely hope you are constructively proposing solutions within your group at the Atlanta facility as well, in order to highlight the opportunity for positive change. Thoughtful employees dedicated to our mission and vision will be the catalysts for improvement in our organization. Best regards, Mike Browder President

5. 2.0
    Former Employee

Good for those who aren't "front-line staff"

Jul 12, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great mission and work with those suffering from an eating disorder. Fun place to work with some great people, emphasis on the some!

Cons

Growth is very minimal. LOTS of nepotism. Unorganized and a significant lack of communication company-wide.

3 people found this review helpful

Veritas Collaborative

Thank you for your review. It's our desire to find the right people for the right job. And, in order to do so, we encourage our employees- who live out our culture daily- to be extensions of our recruitment team. We even offer referral bonuses!

6. 3.0
    Former Employee

Patients are priority

Sep 16, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great mission, dedicated fellow co-workers. Very good healthcare benefits.

Cons

Can be stressful due to nature of the behavioral health work.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Veritas Collaborative

We wholeheartedly agree that our culture is everything. Thank you for your comment.

7. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Business Officer

Dec 17, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working for a great mission

Cons

Focus is on growth of company

1 person found this review helpful

Vice President, Human Resources

Thank you for your review. We value feedback as it provides an opportunity for continuous improvement. While I notice that you are a former employee, I invite you to reach out to me directly to share your concerns so that we can better meet the needs of our team members.

Viewing 1 - 7 of 7 English Reviews