KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt
Logo

Engaged Employer

Add a Review

Veritas Collaborative Employee Reviews about "high turnover"

Updated Apr 28, 2021

Found 7 of over 142 reviews

3.2
Veritas Collaborative CEO Dave Willcutts (no image)
Dave Willcutts

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

The latest conversations about Healthcare

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Veritas Collaborative and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "high turnover"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

IT - Service Desk Analyst

Jul 10, 2019 - Service Desk Analyst in Durham, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing team, culture, growth opportunities. Trusted to do my job instead of being micromanaged.

Cons

High turnover in some departments.

1 person found this review helpful

President

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It sounds like you are enjoying your role within the company and we are grateful to have such a dedicated team of IT support staff. The mental health field is challenging generally and we do see higher turnover in certain departments. We are aware of this dynamic and working to improve employee engagement & company culture, and are always open to feedback on ways to improve. Thank you again for sharing your feedback - we are lucky to have you as part of the Veritas Collaborative team! Best regards, Mike Browder President

2. 1.0
    Former Employee

AWFUL! AVOID!

Apr 28, 2021 - Growth Ops Team
    Business Outlook

Pros

My team was great......until they didn't backfill positions, cut the team in half, doubled our requirements, and didn't change pay or benefits. Patient care is decent.

Cons

I was hired and accepted the offer after being lied to. It is a toxic culture with no kudos even after hitting record high census as part of the front end operations to get patients in. They did not tell my team after we were exposed to COVID and even got mad after we worked from home while awaiting our test results. Women on my team were losing their periods, had hair falling out, and increasing medical conditions due to stress. They don't care about mental health even though they are a mental health company. Turnover is high and there is extreme racism, particularly at the Atlanta facility. They even had a diversity training that didn't help. No one is allowed to have input and they don't value constructive criticism. High turnover, failure to listen to feedback in exit interviews, and nepotism run rampant here. Company leadership is poor at best and HR doesn't do anything.

9 people found this review helpful

Recruiting Manager

Thank you for sharing your insight. We value our employees and are disappointed to hear that you did not experience the appropriate credit for your hard work. We also value mental health and diversity training and are upset to learn that these were not reflected during your time with us. We will share your feedback with management.

3. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Veritas has a great healthcare mission of treating eating disorders

Dec 2, 2020 - Director in Durham, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people doing great work

Cons

High turnover and a lot of office politics

2 people found this review helpful
  4. 1.0
    Former Employee

Listen to your employees

Dec 9, 2020 - Professional Relations Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

There are many wonderful employees with a great deal of heart! The facilities are beautiful!

Cons

I have never written a company review before, but feel it is important to do so given my experience, the experiences of my colleagues, and the number of what I believe to be disingenuous reviews about Veritas Collaborative on Glassdoor. On the surface, the company’s mission and vision is impressive. Once on the inside, it is quickly evident that the turnover rate is incredibly high across departments with some suffering more than others. Because of the high turnover, the company seems to lack a solid foundation in which to expand upon and anxieties run high as current employees see others either quitting or being laid off at rapid rates. Over the last few months, members of the Growth Operations team have been dropping like flies (hence the number of open positions in Admissions and Professional Relations Veritas is currently hiring for) and for good reason. The culture on that team, and often company-wide, feels very reactive, fear-mongering, and toxic. Everyone seems to be flying by the seat of their pants more often than not. When concerns are brought to management there is often no solution or accountability. HR is very much aware of employee concerns, as most everyone I know has provided a very transparent exit interview along with feedback while still employed. Unfortunately, no changes have been made even though the turnover rate is extreme. If you read the reviews on Glassdoor, many are from individuals who state they’re in a Director’s level position and have been for 5 years. There are very few people who have worked at Veritas for 5 years and of those, most are not Directors. This leads me to believe that these are fraudulent reviews. I am grateful for my time at Veritas as I met many wonderful colleagues and learned a lot about myself and what I do and do not want in an employer and supervisor. There are a lot of passionate and talented employees at Veritas; however, people will continue to leave until they choose to address their challenges with leadership. I would not recommend working on the Admissions, Marketing, or Professional Relations teams.

4 people found this review helpful

President

Thank you for taking the time to reach out and provide your feedback. I want to thank you for your dedication to our mission at Veritas in providing treatment to those in need. To allow Veritas to continue to expand access to care to all those who need treatment, changes occasionally need to be made to put us in the best position to do so. This includes eliminating specific positions, restructuring departments, and resetting performance expectations where needed when goals were not being met. While these decisions are never easy, we need to do what is best to serve our mission in helping those battling eating disorders. Since the recent changes, we’ve seen progress in the right direction and I’m proud of the team we have in place. It’s also important to highlight that amidst the ongoing pandemic, we have been able to keep our team members employed. As to your point about potentially fraudulent reviews, I promise you we have never and will never ask for dishonest reviews and allow for all former and current employees to provide feedback as they see fit. I again want to thank you for your time spent with us and wish you all the best. Best regards, Mike Browder President & CEO Veritas Collaborative

5. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

stay far away

Mar 24, 2020 - Registered Nurse in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

good pay and decent benefits

Cons

* High turnover for good reason. * Cannot maintain nursing management to save their life. *Across the board, every employee hates their job here. * Reverse racism is a huge problem and management refuses to acknowledge it. When it's been brought up, management lets you know it’s ‘out of their hands' and states that we 'all just need to get along.' *You will get fired for speaking out or voicing concerns. *It's a well known fact that we do not have the supplies, support, staff, processes or training necessary to care for these patients but management refuses to slow down on admitting new kids. *1:13 nurse to patient ratio on a good day.. With patients sleeping on different units and programming on yours, it can be more like 1:17. Within the first hour of your shift you will be responsible for drawing and running the patients blood, obtaining weights, administering medication, performing blood sugar checks, skin checks and assessments for, again, up to 13 patients. *Nurses are expected to provide meal support but the food is under or overcooked, saturated in grease or salt and usually served cold. The staff you would think would be eating with the kids (dietitians and therapist) sit in the employee break room and enjoy an hour or longer lunch break during this time. *The medication is kept in a large tool box from a hardware store on each unit. (yeah, I'm not kidding.) *The charting system was not designed for hospitals so it doesn't alert you when things are due or overdue. *You are expected to provide meal support and then immediately return to your unit to administer tube feeds for anywhere 1 to 5 patients. *Usually, it's one nurse per unit and sometimes you'll be assigned a medical assistant. Some MA's are wonderful, but most will completely ignore you when you speak to them and will disappear to another unit with their buddies directly after doing the least amount of work possible. You won't see them for the rest of the day. *We've had patient's spit in staff members faces, on their food or threaten them. Management does nothing. *When patient's are having breakdowns and cutting themselves- their treatment team is no where to be found and other team members will refuse to help since it's 'not their patient.' *Huge pay discrepancy between male nurses and female nurses. *As a nurse, we all discuss the fact that our license are on the line every time we come into work. We are asked to maintain completely unsafe patient/nurse ratios, asked to do things outside of our scope of practice and turn a blind eye to obvious unethical and sometimes, illegal, practices.

11 people found this review helpful
  6. 1.0
    Current Employee

Beware this position

Sep 2, 2018 - Therapeutic Assistant in Durham, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits package Pay is slightly higher than other companies with similar roles

Cons

Training During the training process, one of the first red flags was how a specific supervisor would give personal feedback in front of other patients or talk negatively with patients about how some TAs work. Often times in a very demeaning manner which caused certain patients to think you were incapable of providing care. Culture TAs are often overworked and overlooked for their work. The company often times treats staff in this position as if they’re “disposable” and easily replaced. Most TA’s feel the position is very thankless by patients and those higher up in the company. Work often times short staffed on all day and night shifts. This position requires crisis intervention work which makes being understaffed more difficult and mentally taxing for TAs. This can also be dangerous given sometimes acuity is very high and appropriate pt supervision can’t be given if TAs are being stretched in too many directions. The biggest problem most TAs have is the food. Veritas employs really talented chefs/cooks. However many TAs have sacrificed their health eating food meant to support patients “weight restoration” or in other words “gain weight, “ which means health problems for those who are already of a healthy weight range. There’s been times where I’ve personally become sick on the job due to eating so much or because of what we are eating. Many times having to take medication to keep the food down and having to sacrifice my personal health in order to do what Veritas calls “supporting patients.” Meanwhile, staff get more sick/unhealthy. These concerns have been taken to managers countless times since I’ve worked here and are repeatedly shrugged off by them. There are supervisors here who care about your actual wellbeing and longevity in the company (who are also overlooked and under-appreciated) and others who are just power hungry and eager to climb the ladder at all costs. Be careful who you trust. Overall, I would say beware this position or plan to be here as TEMPORARY as possible. Other roles are much more valued in the company but unfortunately TAs here have a high turnover because in the end it’s not worth it to put your health at risk for a “job.”

12 people found this review helpful

Veritas Collaborative

Therapeutic Assistants (TAs) are key members of our treatment team- living out our core values and mission daily. As we have grown rapidly, we know it is even more important that we communicate using many different approaches to ensure that our staff are focused on the delivery of high quality patient care in an environment that is both supportive and professional for our staff. We appreciate and value such detailed feedback. It sounds like despite several initiatives we have in place to help promote constructive communications between administrative and clinical staff, we aren’t quite there. With that said, our HR and corporate teams are always available to discuss concerns that may have gone unaddressed. Please feel free to reach out.

7. 1.0
    Current Employee

Avoid like the plague

Feb 7, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

A lot of super talented, smart, dedicated, personable employees across the board: medical providers, RDs, nursing, clinicians, front-line staff. Unfortunately, they realize quickly how grossly disorganized and mismanaged the company is overall, and they leave within a year or less.

Cons

Mismanaged, lack of respect for certain disciplines, poor interdisciplinary teamwork, financially unstable (always wonder when/if your paycheck will bounce), lack of evidenced based policies and procedures. Patients dictate what staff eat and wear, no lie. High high turnover rate, most disciplines.

12 people found this review helpful

Veritas Collaborative

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your candor. As a current employee, we encourage you to follow up with your manager, an Executive Team member or a member of the HR team. Please rest assured that we are financially secure and making payroll is never in question. We hope this gives you peace of mind and really hope to hear from you to enable us to address your paycheck concern and other issues that are on your mind.

Viewing 1 - 7 of 7 English Reviews